It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I don't know. Loved the pic though! How are you today DOE?

I'm ok. My brain is scattered. But I want to tell you - all of you - something cool.

In the story of Cinderella, her fairy godmother provided her with a coach and horses, fancy dress, and all the other accoutrements of a princess, including glass slippers. If you think about how uncomfortable glass slippers would be, you will realize that this was a very strange choice of footwear. As it turns out, in the original tale, Cinderella did not wear glass slippers, but instead wore squirrel slippers. The explanation to this conundrum lies in the similariry of two French words, "verre", which means glass and "vair," which means squirrel. The white belly hair of the Russian squirrels (Sciurus vulgaris) commonly was used to decorate the clothing of royalty. (White furs of other animals were also used.) Presumably, when the tale of Cinderella finally was written down, the fur ("vair") slippers were transmuted into glass ("verre") slippers, surely much to the discomfort of Cinderella.

I learned this in the book "Squirrels: The Animal Answer Guide" by Richard W. Thorington Jr. and Katie Ferrell.

Thought it was neat enough to share, so before you all castigate me too harshly me please rememeber I have a child's mind, mostly.
edit on 10/24/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Mark going into hospital. Talk to you all later.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hope all is well !!

You are in my thoughts ...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Best wishes that all turns out well.

Now we wait for your news...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

What's going on? I hope everything is okay.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Mark going into hospital. Talk to you all later.

Oh No. I pray all goes well.
Big comfort wolfie hug.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
To Night Star,

All thinking of you and Mark over here,

Kind Regards,

Bally
edit on 24-10-2019 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thank you everyone! He is home and has to get in touch with 3 of his Doctors tomorrow. he gets readings that aren't quite accurate, but it is caused by his kidney disease. Long story. He is only one number away from needing dialysis, so next week he sees another Doctor. They will be putting in some device to get him ready for when he does need the dialysis treatments. Whether he will have the device put in then or it is a pre-consultation thing, we're not sure. So he has a team working together and keeping an eye on him for now.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It's good to see you back and and that Mark is stable. Hope all goes well with the doctor visits.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks Blue!
We were at the hospital for hours as he had tests and we had to wait and wait. Tired and relaxing now.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Hospitals take forever even for the simplest things. Time you get some rest and order some Chinese food too,

For me, I've been feeling like I'm been stuck in second gear for several days meaning that nothing helps give me that little push to be inspired to actually do anything. My guess is it is a combination of back pain and heart issues that is causing this. Hopefully I will get some things cleared away (and on the road to getting fixed) when I see a cardiologist next week.

I need to make a note to call to verify that my MD has sent them a new referral so insurance will pay for this.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

edit on 24-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Oh no... Seems like you both had a rough day. You have my sympathy, as always.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

What are you psychic? Mark wanted Chinese food so we ordered out. I said, just because our blood pressure was perfect today, doesn't mean we should have Chinese food. Lol

Once they get your heart fixed up, you should feel better Hun. Though... us old folks don't have the energy we used to.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thanks Sweetie! I had a long nap. Now when it's time to sleep of course I'll be wide awake.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You removed two posts. What'd I miss?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good Day Sheddites far and wide, non-lurkers and lurkers alike!

Going out today. I'm surprised I could write this many words being so sleepy, but I did dit!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Almost that time...

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join