It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya Declares War on Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ok, well maybe half of Libya but a bold escalation on nonetheless. General Haftar lost his primary command and control base of operations for the Tripoli liberation Wednesday and quite a bounty of loot was confiscated. I posted all about it in this thread I started in April and continue to update. It is no secret Turkey has been providing logistical support as well as direct support considering Turkey is also the primary belligerent inside the last contested pocket of land inside Syria, specifically Idlib.
Turkey is supporting the militants in Idlib, Syria as well as coming into contact directly with the Syrian Army, and now they are openly at war in Libya as well. The Ottomans strike back!
Straight from the horse's mouth, the Spokesman for General Kalifa Haftar of the Libyan National Army's twitter account:

LNA Spox.
‏ @LNASpox
13h13 hours ago

Since last night, sovereign Libyan lands have come under illegitimate Turkish aggression which resulted in destructive acts.>>
As a result the Libyan Armed Forces' General Command has issued orders to the Air Force to target Turkish ships and boats operating inside Libyan regional waters >> and issued orders to the Ground Forces to target all Turkish strategic targets such as companies, headquarters and projects belonging to the Turkish government, they are all considered legitimate targets to the Libyan Armed Forces in response to this aggression >> All flights from and to Turkey will be suspended and any Turkish nationals on Libyan soil will be arrested >

The UN can no longer enforce any of its resolutions. Despite a clear arms embargo, Turkey has delivered multiple shipments of armored fighting vehicles, drones and other weapons.

But not only Turkey, American Javelin missiles were just found as well Russian ATGM's and MANPADS as well as Chinese guided artillery shells, Jordanian RPG's and APC's, Chinese drones etc... I mean to be fair, many of these weapons from other countries besides Turkey are primarily being imported by the UAE and shipped to Libya.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Mahmoud Gamal
‏ @mahmouedgamal44

Jun 18

#Russian medium-range Pantiser S-1 mobile air defense batteries appeared with #LNA preparing to participate in #Tripoli battle.

This air defense system is being used with the same camouflage & vehicle by the #UAE

Photos circulating on Libyan FB Pages claimed to be for the New Pantisr S-1 mobile air defense system upon its arrival in Gufra air base through UAE Military Transport aircraft.

#Exclusive photo for Pantsir S-1 mobile air defense system (Emirati supplied) with #LNA

Oded Berkowitz
‏ @Oded121351
18h18 hours ago

#Libya- a clearer picture of the Chinese GP-1 155mm Guided Artillery Shell (as pointed out by @CalibreObscura) that was found (along with the Javelins) by #GNA after #LNA retreated from #Garyan
The shell was first seen in Libya in November 2017:

clearer pictures allegedly showing the FGM-148 Javelin launchers that were picked up by #GNA in #Garyan after the #LNA's retreat.

Will people accept now that WW3 has been ongoing for a decade already? The UN is over, obsolete, dead,
non-existent. Even NATO and GCC partners are competing against each other in direct conflict in multiple countries and regions !

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Where's Hillary?

Interesting!

ETA - S&F
edit on 6/29/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Will people accept now that WW3 has been ongoing for a decade already? The UN is over, obsolete, dead, non-existent.

First , a description of WW
World - Active participation of most countries
War - speaks for itself
3 - Hasn't gotten here yet. You will dang sure know when it does.

The UN is still around , whether one likes it or not.
As far as the NATO , GCC statement.
It is not conflict , it is arms deals.
BAU

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The UN is worthless, but WW3 is not here and they did not declare war on Turkey.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Ahhh, the great policy of our most recent Nobel Peace winning President.

Obama was great with this call on Libya, wasn't he?

Libya is such a better place since Obama decided to kill Qadaffi.........

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Tell me guys, I want to hear. What would ultimately define officially WW3. What variable of specificness is required? We have had WMD deployments, advance weapon deployments, the air force's of all the top military powers are currently and actively still deployed in combat capacity to multiple theaters of war, we have had horrific ethnic cleansings and crimes against humanity in several countries perpetuated by both state and non-state actors, we have had massive explosions at multiple rival nations industrial weapons and energy infrastructure locations that are played down as accidents, or not even speculated on. Just like "here this happened, and move along" .

I last counted over 70 individual nations currently involved with direct military support which includes logistical support. When I went down the list of WW2 countries, a country would be counted with a contribution of but 200 soldiers and maybe a boat. Many simply provided food, clothes, transport vehicles, or what we wold normally call logistical support.

So no, 200 countries were not all contributing fleets of planes and tanks destroying entire cities. Most of the industrial equipment and their deployment was only provided by a handful of players in WW2. The rest of the counted states were mostly small contingents of soldiers and logistical support, exactly as is happening today for the last ten years. The only reason I even count from 2009 is because Russia step up to bat and started to physically counter what could be observed as NATO foreign policy encroachment and action in Georgia first, and then Ukraine. There has to be at least two superpowers fighting, and by God there are two super powers fighting. China is clearly involved as well, otherwise the Tianjin explosion IMO cannot really be explained in any other way.

I want to know what is missing? We technically have millions dead too, but present history does not want to officially count it as belonging to a single conflict. We have the clear and visible absence of any kind of UN authority over global governance, much like the end of the League of Nations . What are we missing guys? keep telling me its not WW3, and then say "oh you will know..." tell me how I will know? Because I already know. What would it take you to believe it?

Do you think WW2 was 24/7 Normandy everywhere or something? Do you willfully ignore the advances of technology, battle doctrine, and how it has involved warfare into the psychological front? We are all victims technically, because we are all being mis-directed away from this global conflict by way of scripted domestic spats between our own government reps which is the stated mission of the Global Engagement center, our propaganda agency that may as well be known as the Ministry of Truth! To influence targeted populations.

Whatever, I don't even know why I get worked up. It just seems so #ing obvious to anybody that was honest it seems laughable anybody would deny it.

I will just stick to continuing to show it as it happens and let everybody ignore it and favor of Jerry Springer in DC and Maurie at the capital! Nothings better than scripted reality TV anyways, advertising revenue proves it.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The UN is worthless, but WW3 is not here and they did not declare war on Turkey.

The war started long ago

Scripture states it starts in the Euphrate area

Been goin for a decade......

Gog Magog war will be a short one embedded in the big one.....won't last long though....

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

ahh, they finally released a video of the loot from the capture of that command center.

I wonder if the airstrike that happened overnight ended up neutralizing this equipment, or if the GNA managed to move it all out? Another question I have is, was this surprise ambush a direct result of intelligence indicating the arrival of this advanced missile equipment to the front, which would have given them what they needed to take out the low flying jets and UCAV's utilized not only by the GNA, but by the LNA as well?

I hope we will find the answers to such questions in the coming days.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

What would ultimately define officially WW3. What variable of specificness is required?

Seriously, to your question; there will never be a "World War III". So there is no definition for it. It's not possible, at least not in the context of things like WWI and WWII. I'm not being contrary here at all.

Once again, conventional (world) warfare is not possible in the shadow of nuclear weapons. If WWIII had a definition today it would be an all out nuclear exchange between nuclear powers. Everything else in the meantime is just proxy wars 'using' someone else's lives.

Think about it; no superpower is going to commit millions of lives to battle when they can just nuke the other guy...especially if they're losing. They just won't. "War" isn't about playing 'fair', it's about 'winning'. All the silly rules of engagement are for police actions and proxy wars. These aren't really "wars" in the true sense, they are just small regional conflicts. In a true war, the gloves come off the ROE's go away (for the most part) and the objective becomes one thing...winning (with the least losses on your side). Smashing your enemy into submission as quickly as possible, without mercy. Hence the phrase... "War is Hell".

So, there will never be a "WWIII". And if there is, all of humanity will be the loser.

Serious question; serious answer.

edit on 6/29/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Well I disagree. I believe what we have witnessed for the last decade is WWIII. It mirrors the last war in many ways, other than the full mobilization of millions. I feel that is the only variable that people are getting hung up on. But that was in an era of force military conscription by all parties. Nearly all factions now are volunteer militaries. Advances in technology mean we don't need to send thirty planes for an operation dropping unguided bombs in hopes of taking out production capacity but taking out half a city in the process. It can now be done by a squad of four or even a single one. That same advancement in the air means we do not need ten thousand soldiers on the ground to capture key places.

Even the diversity of weapons available to infantry personnel reduces the number of bodies needed. We have point and shoot guided tank killers, point and shoot guided plane and helicopter killers too. The evolution of our weapons, doctrine, and advancement of propaganda media make it so that the same objectives can be accomplished without the need to redirect entire industries and usurp the peace of tens of thousands of families in combat deployment.

I mean, just look at this as an example. Nearly the entirety of the United State's population of over 350 million barely knows this level of conflict is occurring, and it is that way by design, not because the events are irrelevant or minuscule in nature. Anyone could easily prove this claim too by simply asking any random person, family member, or friend what is happening in Libya today? Or even this year?

The goal of the cabal, whoever they be, is to be able to carry out infinite warfare across the globe, and make people believe that is simply the name of a video game we play with each other online. Or next season's prime-time TV plot. Or another blockbuster at the cinema. That is the whole point of information warfare!

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Fair enough.

We disagree.

I don't have any other answer for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

God that scary, putting modern weapons in the hands of ppl wearing flipflops.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you look to history and the rise and fall of most civilisations we in the west have certainly entered the self indulgent, decadent end phase.

The leaders we vote in prove this beyond doubt to me and social media.........

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hey, no problem. There is not much left to say, you said your part I said mine lol. Now, moving on from that.

I am curious as to the consequences of some of some of these systems in action. Does the LNA even have the training with those weapons? What if an American weapon is used to attack a Turkish air or naval asset? Also, I am not familiar with that Chinese Norinco guided artillery shell. It still has to be fired from a dedicated platform for use with that round does it not? Or is the round guided remotely after being fired from an operator on the ground with a laptop/tablet/smartphone?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Candidly, I had the same question when I saw the pictures. I suspect many of these forces have little to no training on any of these advanced weapons. I'm guessing a lot of them get wasted before they figure things out. It's not like there's going to be an instruction book in their language.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is an interesting development. So a month ago we have this

African problems since Prince William's overpopulation complaint

And now we have Turkey attacking Libya through Saudi Arabia with weapons from all around the world.

Heads up people, could be raining more propaganda soon.
edit on 29-6-2019 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Candidly, I had the same question when I saw the pictures. I suspect many of these forces have little to no training on any of these advanced weapons. I'm guessing a lot of them get wasted before they figure things out. It's not like there's going to be an instruction book in their language.

Syria and Libya are the Spanish Civil War of our day. All the major powers are testing out their military hardware and strategies, while trying to keep their hands clean looking.

Let's hope it doesn't follow that same path as the timeline of the Spanish Civil War did.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

To be fair rules of engagement were followed mostly in WWI and WWII, with WWII things got desperate, war crimes were uncovered and opposing armies happily negated rules when those rules had been violated against them.

With all that being said The Hague only seems to convict losers to war crimes so I'm not sure why any of it even matters, these institutions are a joke upon the foundations of why they were built... Which is a bloody shame considering the state of the world today, we could use some justice. We're being failed as a race by our leaders.

I have to agree with Worldstar's assessment. Nobody will field millions of soldiers in a combat scenario ever again imho yet the OP is absolutely bang on about how a handful of people can achieve what it would take massive military assets to do only 70 years ago... We've learnt a lot from the rise of special forces during WWII.

War never changes, how we fight will. And the world is in conflict in various forms, with globalisation in full effect it means very few people are not involved directly or indirectly, whether they know it or not.

Hell I could argue that the world is at war with terrorism but that's mainly a side show of the actual things in play.

Nobody declares war anymore. We've got superpowers sanctioning others, trade wars even between allies... And you want to wait till nukes fall to declare this a global conflict? Whilst questioning why nations like Iceland haven't fielded 1000's of soldiers?

Well fact is Iceland does field soldiers. Will it ever call up it's potential reserves? No nobody will. Today's conflict cannot be compared to any other.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Would you train people to get rich, given you know how to train people?

There's a lot of money in war, I can't imagine it would be all that hard to acquire the ability to use such weapons.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Freedom and Democracy in Libya, I mean Turkey. Oh wait. Which one US is going to put bases in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join