It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: network dude

So you think giving a platform for hate is ok or not ok? I mean the way you joke about swastikas makes it seem like you are ok for idiots to post garbage on a hobby forum.

Unless Trump put a tariff on yarn from Nepal, I don't know why people would be posting political stuff in their group to begin with, from any side.

That said, something about this topic makes it hilarious, so I'm kind of happy we have this "thread" today.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There's a group of ladies at a church in town, "golden needles" or "threads of grace" or some such.

Compare them to the freemasons is apt. Only one sex is allowed. You have to ask to join, but also be vouched for by current members. They all talk about everything. movies, their husband's voting record, who shouldn't be on the school board, flat tax rate, the lack of a decent farm bill for the last 2 decades. And what young couple down the street is getting a divorce, and how to make cucumber sandwiches. Whether the high school football coach is gay, And how long until we get a new pastor.

Everyone one knows which group you mean, if you talk about it. Every non-member uses the same name for the group:

"stitch and bitch."

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: network dude

So you think giving a platform for hate is ok or not ok? I mean the way you joke about swastikas makes it seem like you are ok for idiots to post garbage on a hobby forum.

Unless Trump put a tariff on yarn from Nepal, I don't know why people would be posting political stuff in their group to begin with, from any side.

That said, something about this topic makes it hilarious, so I'm kind of happy we have this "thread" today.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Somebody might want an afghan that looks like a political bumper sticker. Like the "H-Arrow" for Hillary 2016, or the "TRUMP/PENCE MAGA 2016" or some such.

But this is actually a purge of the inner ranks of the left. The leftovers (I like that) are working overtime to make sure that a Liberal cannot maintain any conservative friends. During the Chick-fill-a flamewars, you probably saw the statistics that liberals are much more likely to unfriend a conservative that vice versa. True in my life.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sigh...so sick of being labeled by Leftists as a bigot, fascist, racist, xenophobe and anti-gay. We were given two mediocre candidates and I chose to support the one that wasn't a narcissistic, power hungry, lying witch. Me bad.

So what's next, being denied service at a auto service center for a MAGA bumper sticker on my Silverado? The Left are the one's constantly stirring the pot, which adds to the divisiveness in this country.

Meanwhile, the same cr@p is happening in Congress, which results in NOTHING BEING DONE for American citizens and for the dire situation at our border. Everyday it's the same old, same old name calling, belittlement and people making false accusations.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yea. As hilarious it is. It's also hilarious how upset people are because it involves trump.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Sigh...so sick of being labeled by Leftists as a bigot, fascist, racist, xenophobe and anti-gay.

I'm not even a Trump supporter and I'm sick of it too!!! At some point, their inability to see beyond their own racist tunnel vision says everything about them and NOTHING about Trump, much less his supporters.

I've already got an idea kicking around in my head for a very simple Trump 2020 hat... one that could be either knitted or crocheted... I may just have to work the kinks out and post it somewhere as free content! Not to support Trump, but to fight the censorship.

It would be labor of love.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yea. As hilarious it is. It's also hilarious how upset people are because it involves trump.

The two lane road no one even knows they're on.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Boadicea

Sigh...so sick of being labeled by Leftists as a bigot, fascist, racist, xenophobe and anti-gay.

I'm not even a Trump supporter and I'm sick of it too!!! At some point, their inability to see beyond their own racist tunnel vision says everything about them and NOTHING about Trump, much less his supporters.

I've already got an idea kicking around in my head for a very simple Trump 2020 hat... one that could be either knitted or crocheted... I may just have to work the kinks out and post it somewhere as free content! Not to support Trump, but to fight the censorship.

Maybe you can design a pattern of him grabbing a pussy.

It would have to be a pattern of him TALKING about grabbing a kitten. there's a difference.

Saying he has huge hands is not the same as actually having said ginormous ... digits.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

originally posted by: Boadicea

Maybe you can design a pattern of him grabbing a pussy.

It would have to be a pattern of him TALKING about grabbing a kitten. there's a difference.

Saying he has huge hands is not the same as actually having said ginormous ... digits.

Just knit the words 'fake reality' on a hat and trump supporters will be appeased.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It’s not that they are fighting against “white supremacy”, it’s that they’re doing it to signal their bonafides to their political brethren. It’s all a lie to make themselves look good to those they want to impress.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Subject line edited to fit...

Really...a knitting community is now joining in the act (along with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) of censuring free speech - if it is conservative speech anyway?

I never understand this millenial attitude to free speech that it requires the use of a corporation for it to exist, why is facebook, youtube or twitter anything to do with freedom of speech?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
It’s not that they are fighting against “white supremacy”, it’s that they’re doing it to signal their bonafides to their political brethren. It’s all a lie to make themselves look good to those they want to impress.

Not at all, they want to keep their forum politically agenda-free because it's not about the stitch up, just the stitch.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not at all, they want to keep their forum politically agenda-free because it's not about the stitch up, just the stitch.

If that was true they’d ban politics outright, not just pro-Trump politics. Instead they are perpetuating the lie: “Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy”.

Social media is taking an active role in suppressing dissent from their own politics. They fear another 2016.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Proving, once again, Trump has been extremely polarizing.

Whether caused by leftists or extremist groups, any Trump discussions become just as ugly as the parties will carry it.
These posts are proof that the Trump supporters are just as guilty as Trump haters when it comes to fanatic behaviors and that ruins any polite discussion of any other subject. Just sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This has actually been a story in the making for several months now. Here's a story from Quillette from February of this year about the leftist knitting community:

A Witch Hunt on Instagram - Quillette

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If that was true they’d ban politics outright, not just pro-Trump politics. Instead they are perpetuating the lie: “Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy”.

Social media is taking an active role in suppressing dissent from their own politics. They fear another 2016.

Their forum subjects do not include 'politics'.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Subject line edited to fit...

Really...a knitting community is now joining in the act (along with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) of censuring free speech - if it is conservative speech anyway?

I never understand this millenial attitude to free speech that it requires the use of a corporation for it to exist, why is facebook, youtube or twitter anything to do with freedom of speech?

Mainstream media has been vilifying social media for the past 3 years, blaming them for everything from Trump’s election to extremist mass murders. I think they’ve come to believe it, sort of like Stockholm syndrome.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join