It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Europe is anti-US, why does Europe still allow US bases in its territories?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

That's a rather naïve outlook on things.

No it's not naive. If it was not, then why aren't you doing it yourselves!?

originally posted by: RAY1990
Still, not of that would stop your nation's want for global projection...

Are you eurolanders all talk? Stop them? I thought you were better?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Germany is technically still occupied. if you want to leave, go.

And European countries like Poland make no secret out of how much they want US troops.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ronaldo27

So lets assume that you where anti-war, what could you do stopping the US army actions overseas?? Shoot your gun in the air!?

NOTHING?, yes it's all TALK ain't it!? So in that regard be it people in the US or ppl in Europe, ppl have no real say in matters if any.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Europe isn't stupid, it suits them to have us bases in their territory. It's all political, the benefits outweigh the costs. Plus it gives them leverage over the US and brings money into their economies.

A better question would be to ask why does the US have so many bases over seas??

Once you understand that then you will understand why other countries allow them to be there.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

If Europe is anti-US, why does Europe still allow US bases in its territories? -

When the US military goes to a country the US gruberment forces that country to let it build a milit-tree base there, low key and low profile at first if that is what the situation calls for, but once they have milit-tree base in that country, they never ever leave that country.

heard that from a talk on radio between a US milit-tree historian the show hoast.

edit on 18-6-2019 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

When the US military goes to a country the US gruberment forces that country to let it build a milit-tree base there,

That's not true. There is one country that asked the US to leave and it left.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
So lets assume that you where anti-war,

No, I'm anti-Europe because Europeans are hypocritical narcissistic leeches.

originally posted by: Pluginn
ppl have no real say in matters if any.

That's not true. There is one country, third world, that asked the US to leave and the US complied. See? All you have to do is tell them and they will leave.

There were negotiations of course but at the end of the day that third world country said no, get out of our country.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sigh....

Not really an answer , you make an allegation but it seems you can't back it up with facts.

Allies disagree on policy , that doesn't equate to being anti.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

And I already told you that the eurolanders have had the same complaints despite being different like what you said!

No you haven't and NO they don't.

You are not an idiot are you?

because only an idiot would think that many individuals from many individual countries across one continent think the same.

You're right because you are negative. There are solutions to your problems but it seems like you are afraid to take them and are instead venting off, again, as if that's going to do anything.

What exactly are my problems?

For solutions to be found the problem must be identified.

Like I did with your stupid comment implying all Europeans think alike.

Believe whatever you want to believe also I'm tired of criticizing, I want solutions.

what do want solutions too?

You say Europe is anti US when its not.

all you have is your opinion,

you could live in a country in Europe however that is just your opinion being from one country and living in one area of that country, others even the same area you live in could think differently.

Many posting from Europe are saying the opposite of what you claim they think

How stupid are you eurolanders?

many,many, many levels of stupidity below the level you are expressing.

You have hit the top with more I read, especially with detailed answers like this to a simple question

Sigh....

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Why wouldn't you want the strongest military protecting your country?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If Europe is anti US, why does Europe still allow so many bases in its territories?

Because we get to share lots of military hardware (with shared development costs in many cases) in order to smack down impudent little upstarts around the world.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Your foolish delusional acceptance of revisionist history will end up causing you to believe wrong.

Fine, continue to live your life in denial of reality and slumbering in that comfort zone.

I don't care about feelings pal, I care about facts.

Facts matter.

Fact is, American troops would not be deployed overseas if the Nation they are in didn't request them.

That's a fact.

But go ahead and accept the lie.
It's your life to waste.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Wow...that's quite the revisionist slant you got going on there.

But that's OK. Someday, reality may bite, and you'll see the world as it is, not as you've been...hmm...told it is.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No it's not naive. If it was not, then why aren't you doing it yourselves!?

If you'd be a little less ignorant and listened to others here you'd realise Europe is of many nations.

Most of them are capable of defending themselves or are allied with nations capable of flattening others... I hail from one of those nations and it's more than capable of defending itself.

Are you eurolanders all talk? Stop them? I thought you were better?

Stop them?

Why would I stop them, what makes you think I care too much? If the US want's to bankrupt itself with worldwide projection so be it. Militarily most nations strive for this it's just that most have the common sense to do it differently.

Hell we bombed Argentina... We didn't need military bases around the world to do that.

We're not "better" and you'd be projecting your own views on me to say that I did.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Eurolander???? That's a good one I've never heard before. Oooo, I'm a Eurolander. Just where do you hail from ronaldo27?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Eurolander???? That's a good one I've never heard before. Oooo, I'm a Eurolander

Is it a bit like being a Zoolander? Or some space kit from the European space agency?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Germany is technically still occupied. if you want to leave, go.

Er, no Germany is not occupied - not even technically. The military facilities housing NATO troops are there by invitation. As Russia remains a belligerent most countries in NATO want the US troops to remain, alongside troops of other nationalities, like Brits.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

An easy one word answer.

Russia.

Fred..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join