It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Europe is anti-US, why does Europe still allow US bases in its territories?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
WWII is over. I think it's time to close our European bases. With today's technology we no longer need them.

The US is broke. It's time to pull back the troops. It's time for the French to defend Europe against the Russians. It's time for the US to stop paying for free-German healthcare for all Germans from exorbitant base rents.

I tell you why you know base rents are obscenely high boondoggle. GWB signed a 50 year contact on German bases. Sieg heil!!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The US is broke.

That's what I mean too! Why pay for the defense of a bunch of ungrateful....... when they can do it themselves.

It's time for the US to stop paying for free-German healthcare for all Germans from exorbitant base rents.

Out all of the anti-US posts I came across, it was usually from the British or the Germans.

They seem to take advantage of the US, they know they can say whatever they want against it and still retain the benefits. If I was president of the US, I would stop all of that. You're right, let them take care of themselves.

They are better? The world would be better with them in control? Fine, it's yours.

edit on 17-6-2019 by ronaldo27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

GWB signed a 50 year contact on German bases. Sieg heil!!

Were these apparent German bases still under US control during the years 2008 - 2016?

If so, then the POTUS during that time frame was literally Hitler.

Literally.

See how that works brah?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Isn't that a good reason to kick the US out of Germany?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronaldo27

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Isn't that a good reason to kick the US out of Germany?

No, the Germans loved Hitler, so did the Rothschild, Rockefeller and Bush families.....or did you not pay attention during the history lessons?

In fact, the US loved Hitler so much that they designed an entire operation around ensuring Nazism survives and thrives.

Something about paperclips, or staples - I can't quite recall

Do you know why the Germans loved Hitler?

Primarily because of a bloke going by the name of Joseph Goebbels.

Guess what he was in charge of?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It all goes back to World War 2.

Once Germany finally fell, The USSR or now Russia got the East side of Berlin, the Allies or now US,UK and others got the west side of Berlin. The Allies helped set up NATO for European self defense and have since worked closely together, mostly.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I bet most people in the EU would like US bases out of the EU for sure but not that we care that much if at all. But have we have power on that matter? Sure we can vote, we can't vote on: US bases out of Europe!

But damn the US is really really bad&evil, can't believe it how bad it is today!

The US shoudl be an example for the rest of the world and they got that privilege after ww2 and today, damn--- it has become an abomination.
edit on 17-6-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ronaldo27

Because Europe is the United States' champagne room and we make it rain dollars on all those bitches.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, we do it with the US for a long time and now the US has become so drunk and greedy with spending out of control and if you don't follow her wishes, be afraid!
And yea we also became drunk (or most still are) having this party with her-- time to get sober&real.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
a reply to: [post=24429959]
...with spending out of control...

Like I said, we make it rain dollar dollar bills yo. Now shake that booty Europe.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yea time for Europe for looking at China/Russia and getting real progress and not following the US wishes, which is bad for Europe and the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronaldo27
Don't give me the "oh you see, the US is too powerful" speech or the "we don't hate the US, just X, Y and Z".

Out of all the people out there, Europeans are the definitely the most vocal about US atrocities and social issues. They consider the US as a warmonger and its people as brainwashed to believe that their country is the best and that everything they do is for the good of mankind. They love to proclaim that Europe is definitely better and that the world would be better off if either the US was not a superpower, never existed at all or if Europe was leading the way.

Now, yes I understand, standing up against the US is not so easy but why do you still allow their military in your territories? That is something you can definitely fight against. If you say you don't want them and that you are forced to have them, may I remind you that the Philippines, a 3rd world nation asked the US to leave and they left. Why is it that Europe cannot do the same?

Europeans, stop being hypocritical arrogant snobs; they are not going to change for you. They are not going to accept, whatever makes Europe great into their lives. They are not going to mend their errors and become better people. You have to take that mantle. What happened to your balls that allowed you to rule the world?

Europe is Continent with many nations/countries.

Just a little knowledge for you just in case you didn't know.

Each country differs from the next just as each state/Provence/city/town in each of these countries will differ just as each person in each one of these cities/towns will differ in opinions.

"They" ...... all Europeans you try and speak for is a level of ignorance that just shouldn't exist, yet it does.

Its no wonder so many see so much negativity.

Pretty sure this will pointed out to you numerous times as just a few posts down from your OP I see it already has about what Europe is,

However I think you are a young and your arrogance wont allow you to take any criticism maturely

have a nice day

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If even then at all...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I really don't know who you've been mixing with but ALL my friends and acquaintances have no feeling either way on America, except the flights to Florida are a touch expensive.
I think you have seen the couple of hundred anti Trump demonstrators and believe these idiots speak for the whole country. They don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The US is broke?!?!

We are the richest country on the planet?!?!

Lol

The whole world based their economies on our currency...

It is literally impossible for the US to be broke.. the whole world uses our fists money that only we get to print..

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Quite the opposite..

He has watched nothing but conservative media where they pretend like all the world is in a vast conspiracy against conservatism and America...

The vast majority are fictional strawmen that don’t even exist, but it has them all believing that the world hates them because “they are free”. Lol

Like anyone in the history of the world has attacked another country for their freedom ... lol

“ it had nothing to do with land, money or power!!! It was their damn freedom that we came for!! “

BWAHAHAHA

edit on 17-6-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What makes you think Europe is anti the US ?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's simple. With US bases and the US military there Europe does not have to pay for its own defense. This allows them to build their social welfare states. The economic impact of large US bases is huge. It's just like in the US. If a large military base closes, the surrounding towns go into a recession. If the Us just got up and left, it would cause a huge disruption. They may bad mouth the US, but they really like the US dollars

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Most of the bases are in Germany. The US wants power and control and of course selling more weapons. They never would allow that Russia would get close/friends with Europe = loosing power and control and selling less weapons.

Germany got €11.2 billion surplus this year...
The US are spending about 1000 billion more then they can the last few years..

Europe pays about $2.5 billion a year for those US troops. Got any numbers how much money those US bases bring in? I don't think it's all that much really.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Well in the aftermath Europe was in shambles and the red army scared them all to death. So they all kinda agreed the US would take on the worlds military needs.

lots of these euroweenies love to bad mouth the USofA but back of their minds they're all scared to death of Ivan.

not unjustly I might add.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join