It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Europe is anti-US, why does Europe still allow US bases in its territories?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Don't give me the "oh you see, the US is too powerful" speech or the "we don't hate the US, just X, Y and Z".

Out of all the people out there, Europeans are the definitely the most vocal about US atrocities and social issues. They consider the US as a warmonger and its people as brainwashed to believe that their country is the best and that everything they do is for the good of mankind. They love to proclaim that Europe is definitely better and that the world would be better off if either the US was not a superpower, never existed at all or if Europe was leading the way.

Now, yes I understand, standing up against the US is not so easy but why do you still allow their military in your territories? That is something you can definitely fight against. If you say you don't want them and that you are forced to have them, may I remind you that the Philippines, a 3rd world nation asked the US to leave and they left. Why is it that Europe cannot do the same?

Europeans, stop being hypocritical arrogant snobs; they are not going to change for you. They are not going to accept, whatever makes Europe great into their lives. They are not going to mend their errors and become better people. You have to take that mantle. What happened to your balls that allowed you to rule the world?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ronaldo27

Its quite simple $$$$$$$$$$

Remember governments are there to line their own pockets as much as possible not do anything for the people they represent.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Perhaps because "Europe is anti-US" is much too sweeping a generalisation to be accurate.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Have you thought about running for politics and changing all this?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh stop it.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Stop trying to silence my opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

This whole OP fails right at the beginning where you generalise and call us "you europeans".
Europe is a continent with 47 individual countries, and not a single country as you imply.

Every single country in europe is different, and so are their politics and views of the US.

Go and do some research and study some geography before insulting a whole continent.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

If Europe is anti-US, why does Europe still allow US bases in its territories?

Because propaganda convinces folks that a lie is truth - once this is understood, everything else makes sense.

Europe is not anti-US, George Soros and Co are.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Europe is not anti-US,

So all the anti-US comments that I came across from account that said that they were from Europe were a lie?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79

This whole OP fails right at the beginning where you generalise and call us "you europeans".

That's because Europeans from different countries tend to have the same problems with the US.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Stop trying to silence my opinion.

Are you European? If not, quiet. This question is only for Europeans.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am European until October 31st.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronaldo27

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Europe is not anti-US,

So all the anti-US comments that I came across from account that said that they were from Europe were a lie?

It's more likely that 'all the anti-US comments that you came across' were parroted MSM propaganda points by anon entities parading as hard working Europeans.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Firstly... Europe is not the EU, and the EU is not Europe.

Europe is not anti-US. Most European nations are willing partners of NATO and value the US as a close friend and ally.

The EU has been broadly transatlantic in its outlook for decades, largely because of the UK. How the EU changes with the UK leaving has yet to be revealed, but the French tend to have a less transatlantic set of values, often scoffing at the Anglo Saxon nature of the US-UK relationship.

What happens in the EU over the next decade will be interesting. For example, if an EU military ascends then doubtless that will threaten the primacy of NATO. If that happens, then the US may reduce their presence in some European countries, but probably not with close allies like the UK.
edit on 17/6/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronaldo27

That's because Europeans from different countries tend to have the same problems with the US.

No they don't. European countries are different like night and day. Some of them still fought to dead in the 90's.

The majority of us do like (or at least do not dislike) the US, the most MSM bs that tells you otherwise is sponsored by globalists and other people with political agendas.

Oh, and by the way - only 8 of europes 47 countries have and allow US bases on their soil. How is it my countries business what other countries allow to happen on their land?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Easy...

After ww2 the US was the last modern country left standing... definitely the only one big nation not blown to bits..

Well in the aftermath Europe was in shambles and the red army scared them all to death. So they all kinda agreed the US would take on the worlds military needs.

We pay for the military and the US dollar got to be the world reserve currency.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Perhaps because "Europe is anti-US" is much too sweeping a generalisation to be accurate.

DING DING DING

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Lol how dare someone be the voice of reason!!!

Lol

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Because Europe is not anti-US.

I get totally fed up with explaining this to people.

Anti-Trump DOES NOT equal anti-American.

We still love you even if you voted in a diseased testy as POTUS.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Because Europe is not anti-Money.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join