It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noel Gallagher hits out at Jeremy Corbyn 'Captain Fishy', Diane Abbott and Nigel Farage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Democracy seems to be whats anti-democratic these days, or at least the politicians that are supposed to represent the people are somewhat anti-democratic via there actions.

Quite. As clearly demonstrated by their failure to deliver Brexit as voted for by the majority of UK Referendum voters?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I saw the "Tory twats" on the Channel 4 debate thing yesterday. Just about sums them up perfectly. As does "oaf" with Boris. Well done, you have a very apt way with words.

I don't fall for Boris' "Bumbly" persona. That man is cunning, ruthless and very calculating and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. The tw@t.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Does anyone know where I can get a legal download of "Step Out", "The Fever" and "D’Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?"

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

Aside from the 48.1% that voted to remain.

Hows that nobody?

I think they might be given more than a hoot.

Where is it you hail from again?

The majority voted to leave. In democratic societies that vote means the issue is followed through to its implementation. The losing vote is not implemented. Only in tyrannical societies is the losing vote implemented. Gallagher is right.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

The majority voted to remain where i hail from.

Nevermind quite a few other areas down south.

The implementation still remains a point of contention whether or not you realize the fact or otherwise.

And hence the ambivalence display by the nation over this whole Brexit palaver.

What will be, will be i suppose, Que Sera Sera, and all that jazz, but it needs to happen first.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It was a UK referendum. Not just a Scottish one. That's democracy, that is.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And us down South have had to put up with Labour Govts in the past cos of how Scotland used to vote Labour but that is how democracy works.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Accept the United Kingdom is not a true democracy but a unitary state with the power of devolution, which is governed within the framework of a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy, in which the monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II, is the head of state.

Operative words being "Under" and "Head".

Nobody is ever going to convince the Scottish people we voted for Brexit, because we did not.

Buy heh it's happening now anyway, or so I'm lead to believe, possibly Johnson style no less.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Buy heh it's happening now anyway, or so I'm lead to believe, possibly Johnson style no less.

I'm not clear where that oaf stands on Brexit and to be honest am a bit past caring.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Aye, own vote counts for lots down south.

We put Labour in government. LoL

It was not the miners, steelworkers, teachers, and other assorted hardworking people Thatcher and her ilk screwed out there future that voted Labour, Scotland done it??? LoL

Come on Man oldcarpy, that just does not seem to fit imho.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well, he don't care that a given.

But we might when his Brexit debacle smacks us on the head and bank account.

It's priceless really, and if it was not so tragic it would be bloody hilarious.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
And yet he was all over Tony Blair back in the day.

Welcome to the strange world of aging rock stars.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Thatcher? She's been dead for ages, man.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

than see “lunatic” Jeremy Corbyn elected, now branded him a “f***ing student debater, f***ing captain fishy craggy old f***ing donkey, f*** off”. He also described shadow home secretary Diane Abbott as “the face of f***ing buffoonery”.

I agree with Noel and I aint no Tory.

Corbyn is an idiot and Abbott is all that and more.

“And make no mistake, in this country we need someone and it ain't him.
And it's never been anyone from the Conservative party."

To true.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You can agree with who you wish.

You're not cursing and swearing about a lot of stuff you're clearly don't comprehend to NEWS paper journalists.

I think he should remember where he came from and it was not between the mammies legs of Tories thats for sure.

Corbyn is an idiot and Abbott a special case also, on that we agree, but so is Noel for bumping his gums about a lot of crap he clearly does not comprehend, guess privilege grows or bestows a modicum of arrogant stupidity by default.

Brexit won't bite Noel on the arse, in the same manner, it will the rest.
edit on 18-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

That's true but Tony Blairs Labour came about from the demise of her rule unless im mistaken.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I think he should remember where he came from and it was not between the mammies legs of Tories thats for sure.

He isn't advocating for the Tories though , as for swearing ... he's a Manc , that's what they do.

"And it's never been anyone from the Conservative party."

but so is Noel for bumping his gums about a lot of crap he clearly does not comprehend

It's Noel not Liam.

Brexit won't bite Noel on the arse, in the same manner, it will the rest

Brexit doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of anything plus our economy is still stronger than many in Europe even with the uncertainty , there are many scare stories that have been floating around for a couple of years now none of them have been borne out.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

NG said this:

He added: “The two extremes are the Labour Party don't respect people who are aspirational, and the Conservative Party don't protect the vulnerable. But somewhere in the middle is where New Labour danced, and they kind of had it f***ing right, and then 9/11 happened, and here we are.” Earlier in the interview, Gallagher said he felt “bad for the nation” at how Brexit had been handled, and how “this unremarkable little man, Farage, this unremarkable little f***ing man, from nowhere, appears out of nowhere seemingly and has like somehow f***ing tapped into something that none of us were aware of”.

Not exactly keen on the Tories either. Still seems in love with Blair and New Labour. Anyone remember "Cool Britannia"? What a pile of cringe-worthy #e that was.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well, I'm afraid, no so much for myself or my Mrs, but for my kids future.

It's not like Brexit will bring an end to austerity, it will just give them a reason to impose even more if that at all possible.

But apparently ""austerity"" is over according to some.

I'm not quite sure what window they are looking out all the same.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Why do you think the Tories actually like austerity? It's not exactly making them money, is it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join