It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noel Gallagher hits out at Jeremy Corbyn 'Captain Fishy', Diane Abbott and Nigel Farage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The rock star, who previously said he would rather reform Oasis than see “lunatic” Jeremy Corbyn elected, now branded him a “f***ing student debater, f***ing captain fishy craggy old f***ing donkey, f*** off”. He also described shadow home secretary Diane Abbott as “the face of f***ing buffoonery”.

Noel Gallagher hits out at Jeremy Corbyn 'Captain Fishy', Diane Abbott and Nigel Farage

Quite partial to a bit of Oasis myself.

But this guy came from rags to riches and should darn well know better.

Shame on you Noel!

There is only one thing worse than a Tory i suppose, and that is a working-class scab Tory.

And like most of his ilk, spoilt by money and arrogant because of it.

He doesn't validate his inaccurate comments with any facts or reasoning, it's just bullcrap by someone influenced by the BBC Tory media.

Anyhoo "What's The Story Morning Tory" now i guess.

edit on 16-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I saw this on another news report.
He is taking an idiosyncratic position ("Voting Brexit was bad. Fighting against it once voted is worse") which you aren't even trying to understand,

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
duly noted.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I hated that band.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I ken his brother hasn't forgotten where he came from.

Nobody really rates Corbyn but this bloke has been stinking rich and part of the elite for over 20 years.

He is not working class just because he Effs and Jeffs.

He's lost touch with real life and is spouting off about things he evidently doesn't understand.

Have to wonder just why the "Independent" would have done an interview with him bumping his gums on about politics?

What's next, Boris Johnson be doing a music review, perhaps they will ask May to start doing the racing column? LoL

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Poor Mans Beetles really, but they had their moments.

Seen them live umpteen times.

Their early days were better i suppose.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh look he has a new EP coming out!
The full transcript of his rant is here
He hasn't really hit out at Farage, in a way he has complimented him. Here is the full quote...
"And this unremarkable little man, Farage, this unremarkable little f***ing man, from nowhere, appears out of nowhere seemingly and has like somehow f***ing tapped into something that none of us were aware of"

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Firstly, I am not defending Labour as they are awful, secondly so are Oasis and Noel Gallagher is an over-opinionated moron, there's only one person I can think of that's probably more stupid, and that's his brother

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I saw this on another news report.
He is taking an idiosyncratic position ("Voting Brexit was bad. Fighting against it once voted is worse") which you aren't even trying to understand,

Funny how that isn't even mentioned in the OP.
Noel Gallagher main beef was with Remoaners who want to overturn Brexit! Telling them they are worse than the people eho voted for Brexit, telling them to go live in North Korea and calling them fascists. That with him being a remainer himself, though he didn't vote, of course.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I often wonder why celebrities' political opinions are news worthy.

This is no exception.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I often wonder why celebrities' political opinions are news worthy.

This is no exception.

They are endowed with a bigger social platform and have fans... groupies who can't think for themselves so instead emulate the thoughts of the person they would like to be.

Much like any other domesticated animal.

edit on 16-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Noel Gallagher's opinion may be of interest to those in the UK.

In the US, his name hasn't seen a headline in 20 years.

And when we finally do, it's f# this and f# that.

F# you, Noel. F# has been.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

It's not so much the profanity, but the mentality behind his other words that i canny seem to get my head around.

You don't forget your roots in that manner.

Or if you do, i imagine you have kind of lost your identity nevermind yourself ta boot.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He was right about everything he said. That’s why his opponents can only attack his music, his band, his upbringing, because they can not refute his words.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

His own words are an attack on his upbringing if you ask me.

You don’t make the mistake of forgetting where you came from.

He's only on that lofty big musical pedestal because we put him up there.

Humility is a great grounding tool.

Noel seems to have forgotten that fact.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

His own words are an attack on his upbringing if you ask me.

You don’t make the mistake of forgetting where you came from.

He's only on that lofty big musical pedestal because we put him up there.

Humility is a great grounding tool.

Noel seems to have forgotten that fact.

Why? Because he called Corbin a “f***ing student debater, f***ing captain fishy craggy old f***ing donkey”?

The remainders should “go to North Korea”.

Doesn’t sound like he’s forgotten anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
He was right about everything he said. That’s why his opponents can only attack his music, his band, his upbringing, because they can not refute his words.

Yeah right, the Spice Girls sold a lot of records as well, the music quality is about the same, does it make anything they say interesting?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Corbin crap aside, not many people rate the Man, myself included.

However, If you think 48.1% of the rest of the people of this nation who wish to remain part of the EU, should somehow “go to North Korea” simply because they don't share the same opinion as yourself, then you are part of the problem not the solution.

For a start where would it end, what other demographics would be next?

Talk about slippery slopes.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
However, If you think 48.1% of the rest of the people of this nation who wish to remain part of the EU, should somehow “go to North Korea” simply because they don't share the same opinion as yourself, then you are part of the problem not the solution.

He never said that as he is a remainer himself. He was talking about the people who want to ignore/reverse the referendum decision and stop Brexit. Love him or hate him, he sounds like a democrat to me.
edit on 83004bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 16 Jun 2019 21:04:01 -05003019 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

We are on a website where the stock and trade is literally people from all walks of life having ideas and opinions and (mostly!) talking to each other.

But the concept of a celebritard with an opinion is worthy of some backlash from the regular Janes and Joes? How does that make any sense?

Either everyone gets their say or no one does. I'm certain Noel would rather live in a castle and torture the occasional NMR or Rolling Stone intern, but that isn't the world we made. This is. 24/7 and in your face recording our every thought about this and that, and none of us have two thoughts worth sharing. It doesn't matter what your job is.

As it is journalists think they are the celebrities. They go fishing with a few icebreakers before they ask their official questions, hoping you mouth off so they can pull a click-bait quote from it.

It's a big dumb show.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join