It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran responsible for 'blatant assault' on oil tankers in Gulf of Oman, Mike Pompeo says

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

weird cant get it to work but heres the address below.

xenagoguevicene.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Pompeo is briefed by the same intelligence apparatus that that has attempted to Stage a soft coup against President Trump for the past 18 months.

Have you called him to explain this in detail?

If you know it and he doesn't, why are you letting it go day by day? I mean he's out there working hard using intel given to him by corrupted people and he's totally unaware, you could almost say, incompetent to figure it out. And yet here you are with this critical knowledge and not even willing or attempting to share with the guy?

Otherwise how could he failed to notice he's been mislead? I can't figure out any other explanation why he would go against his common sense like this. SOmeone must inform him right away

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Blatant RUBBISH is what it is.

Iran has EVERYRYTING to lose.

Iranian coastguard and rescue also helped rescue the 44 sailors stranded.

The Japanese PM is also in Iran right now, allegedly also aiming to mediate talks between the US and Iran.

I cannot understand how Iran can just simply be "blamed" without sufficient evidence.

We cannot just have wild accusations bandied about.

The UK and other nations, including Japan, are still investigating and reviewing the facts.

Pompeo has jumped the gun and I do not know who the hell briefed him but they did a mighty bad job!
Riiiiiiight because you have all the intel. Is that something Salon is floating as leaked through Schiff to promote anti American propaganda ? Because that’s what the Left does. How long will it take for people to recognize leftist propaganda as a tool for communism? Don’t remember what happened with Vietnam ?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I posted a working link. It is the word "Link" in my post.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Judging by some of the posts here, it is working. Not surprising though.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Pompeo, give it up. We know you want to start a war with Iran. And we know what America does when it wants to start a war. Stop it. Now.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think it was iran. Or at least some contingent of theirs. For those saying iran has everything to lose, I don't agree. What more do they have to lose? They're already cut off from their main economic export. We are controlling what they consider "their waters" and they're getting close to being nuclear capable.

This is the perfect time for them to test the waters, as it were. Take out a tanker, spread disinformation about who did it and see if the international committee will condemn you or if they'll be confused enough to not want to risk an unjustified war. If the latter, you can slowly escalate and try out new tactics for when your nukes are ready.

You have to look at this from Iran's oppressive regime's perspective. They're teetering on the edge of overthrow. Their economy is a dead man walking. The ONLY thing they have going for them is their nuke progress and the only thing they can use to revive their economy right now is war.

Then you add in russia and their ongoing psyops in the US, sowing division. This is a good test to see if they've disabled the US. What I mean is, can the US respond to an actual attack? We know they've succeeded in making nearly half the country automatically oppose anything trump wants to do, no matter how sane and logical. So now they can test to see if they have enough americans distrusting their own government that said government will not be able to respond to an economic attack.

If it's not iran/russia who blew up the tanker, who was it? America? What do we have to gain? We can't afford another war. The public is very worn out on war. The political class can't sell a new war. The intelligence community has lost most of their credibility (rightfully or wrongfully, I couldn't tell you). So what does america have to gain by this attack? No one wants war with iran, these agencies know this.

One last thing, for those who don't think it was Iran, what would it take to convince you that it was?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Pompeo is deliberately jumping to conclusions with 0 evidence to base it on. Weapons of Mass destruction ring any bells.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Pompeo is deliberately jumping to conclusions with 0 evidence to base it on. Weapons of Mass destruction ring any bells.

You mean besides the video showing them? Iran is getting desperate they wanted to show they could hurt oil supplies. They have no bargaining chip left except for military.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Thank you Dfairlite for your input..

You have to look at this from Iran's oppressive regime's perspective. They're teetering on the edge of overthrow. Their economy is a dead man walking. The ONLY thing they have going for them is their nuke progress and the only thing they can use to revive their economy right now is war.

Then you add in russia and their ongoing psyops in the US, sowing division. This is a good test to see if they've disabled the US. What I mean is, can the US respond to an actual attack? We know they've succeeded in making nearly half the country automatically oppose anything trump wants to do, no matter how sane and logical. So now they can test to see if they have enough americans distrusting their own government that said government will not be able to respond to an economic attack.

If it's not iran/russia who blew up the tanker, who was it? America? What do we have to gain? We can't afford another war. The public is very worn out on war. The political class can't sell a new war. The intelligence community has lost most of their credibility (rightfully or wrongfully, I couldn't tell you). So what does america have to gain by this attack? No one wants war with iran, these agencies know this.

One last thing, for those who don't think it was Iran, what would it take to convince you that it was?

Irans economy isn't hurting any worse than a lot of nations, and is expected to turn around for the good in 2020 according to many economic outlook websites.. One also needs to remember that since they are the latest "international villain"; these reports will get embellished a bit too.

Only my opinion, but I think the dead man walking reference is a bit of an exaggeration for Iran's economy.

Russia's ongoing psyops in the USA????? Ooooooo-Kayyyyy careful, you might choke on all that Kool-Aid you are drinking there mate...

Again, only my opinion, but the division within the United States is coming from INSIDE the United States. With help from people like George Soros, and the long ago planned social engineering that we see happening now.

We are "seeing" the results of decades of "dumbing down" the population; and the total full onslaught of perverting the population and pushing these "off the wall" agenda's... One example would be the huge amount of "drag queen storytime" at many many cities public libraries. Of which many of the these people have been researched and discovered they are convicted child molesters, convicted male prostitutes, etc. This is just one tiny example of pushing perverted agenda's on the masses.

It wasn't Russia that made half of America against anything Trump wants to do....it was the leftists in society, supported by a willing and complicit news media. Sorry to say it, but most of this can be laid at the Democrats feet.

Russia doesn't need to do anything, the USA is doing a fantastic job of self destruction from within. The entire "system' is so incredibly corrupt in the USA currently. It has been this way for decades really.

As far as who did it??? Well, there are Israel and Saudi Arabia to consider with that question you asked. They BOTH have ample reasons for doing the deed as well.

What would it take to convince me it was Iran? A heck of a lot more than some awful blurry video that's for sure.

With the world situation being on pins and needles for quite some time now for another really bad world war to happen; it is tantamount to be beyond ANY doubts, and present that irrefutable evidence before the UN maybe, then go from there.

(Even though I think the UN is worthless as tits on a chicken, worthless as the League of Nations was.)

Still... there must be undeniable proof before one goes off and starts another damn war. A blurry video is piss poor proof.

You brought up some good points... maybe Iran DOES have nothing left to offer.

I think the world was already aware of Irans ability to close of the Straights of Hormuz if they wanted to...Iran didn't need to put some mines on a few ships to prove it.

I could block off traffic on my street block if I wanted to.... with a rifle or something like that.... UNTIL the police show up that is. And then the ass whooping would begin.. so no thank you, that is a bad idea. Right?

If Iran blocked off oil traffic, holy smokes dude, it would be Katy bar the door all hell is coming to Iran.

As far as not trusting the us government, well, they created that opinion in people from WAY back...

My "red pill" moment was the Gulf Of Tonkin event, that was really not an event, but still caused the death a lot of people and over 50,000 young Americans, some of whom were my friends in school.

And those that didn't get killed, and got wounded, and most all have "mental wounds" from it all.

It is so easy for people to just lay it at the feet of the current president; whoever that is at the time of national angst.

American foreign policy runs things, and a long running "policy" supersedes a sitting President time and time again.

I appreciate your thoughts and input... but it isn't that simple really, or non-convoluted. Seriously, thanks for your thoughts and input. You do make some good points, but they are just educated guesses.

When it comes to war, guesses or "logic" are a terrible thing to go on. One needs irrefutable proof.

I am betting if the members of ATS were privy to the real truth on many issues, we would all go stark raving insane at the shock from that truth coming out.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Russia's ongoing psyops in the USA????? Ooooooo-Kayyyyy careful, you might choke on all that Kool-Aid you are drinking there mate... Again, only my opinion, but the division within the United States is coming from INSIDE the United States. With help from people like George Soros, and the long ago planned social engineering that we see happening now....

It wasn't Russia that made half of America against anything Trump wants to do....it was the leftists in society, supported by a willing and complicit news media. Sorry to say it, but most of this can be laid at the Democrats feet.

Russia doesn't need to do anything, the USA is doing a fantastic job of self destruction from within. The entire "system' is so incredibly corrupt in the USA currently. It has been this way for decades really.

You're making the mistake of believing that the democrat party and the leftists out there aren't fully on board with russia. They've loved russia since I was a baby. It's their dream. They were siding with russia against reagan, remember Ted's love letters telling russia to outlast reagan? In 2012 obama was denuking to appease them. Bernie sanders honeymooned there. Hillary (and the obama admin) sold them our uranium. Russia has their fingerprints all over the democrat party. Remember, they mocked Romney for saying Russia is our geopolitical foe.

I'm not saying russia is running things, rather, russia and the democrat party are aligned. Both have great interest in destroying america. Russia has one goal in america and that's chaos. The dems have the same goal. I find that beyond coincidence.

What would it take to convince me it was Iran? A heck of a lot more than some awful blurry video that's for sure.

I doubt you could ever be convinced, short of Rouhani coming out and saying "we did it!" Even then you'd probably believe he was coerced by the jews or some such madness.

Look, I get healthy skepticism of our intelligence community. They're war hungry, they're liars, and they're certainly not above staging an attack to get us into a war. However, that does not mean they always want war, nor that they always lie, nor that every war provocation is a false flag.

Still... there must be undeniable proof before one goes off and starts another damn war. A blurry video is piss poor proof.

Wars have been started on far less. But like I say, until you're willing to say what you'd accept as proof it was iran, it's not really worth arguing about.

I think the world was already aware of Irans ability to close of the Straights of Hormuz if they wanted to...Iran didn't need to put some mines on a few ships to prove it. I could block off traffic on my street block if I wanted to.... with a rifle or something like that.... UNTIL the police show up that is. And then the ass whooping would begin.. so no thank you, that is a bad idea. Right?

No, it's not a bad idea if you're seeing how long the response takes. If you're testing the limits of people's patience of being held up by a madman in the road. Same theory with Iran. They wouldn't put mines on a tanker to actually close down the straight, but rather to test the response. To see if they can get away with it as part of a larger strategy down the road.

When you view this incident as an end goal, it makes no sense. When you view it as a recon test, it makes total sense.

Also, you seem to have confused my motive. I'm not saying we should go to war with iran over this. I'm saying this is likely part of a larger preparation for war by iran. They are chomping at the bit to attack israel. They've made no secret of that.

My position on iran is that we should do everything in our power to stop them form obtaining nukes (because then they become a worldwide threat. That includes anything up to and including a full scale invasion. However, there is no other reason to go to war with or even care about Iran. Israel is fully capable of defending themselves and we should continue supporting their defense when we can.

Obviously, war is the last resort to stop them from getting nuclear weapons.

When it comes to war, guesses or "logic" are a terrible thing to go on. One needs irrefutable proof.

Like thousands of dead Americans in pearl harbor? Or a nuke detonation on a subway? Or an EMP over israel followed by an invasion?

I am betting if the members of ATS were privy to the real truth on many issues, we would all go stark raving insane at the shock from that truth coming out.

I agree with you. However, probably not in the same sense. I don't believe in these "royal families ruling the world behind closed doors" myths. Power can never be that centralized for long.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: Sillyolme

Something some of you have missed, removing ordinace is not easy, and if it's active it's even more difficult.

removing ordinace, is easy if you have the "code" or know the wiring. How quickly was the ordinace removed?

was it dissassembled, or was it removed intact? if it was intact, they had the disarm codes, how would they get that information if it was not theirs?

it's a credibility issue, which is subjective at best, "Trump has no crediblity", Amusing, considering the credibility of the accuser.

Just saying 🎪🎪💋😆👍

I made a post a few days ago about the possibility (hypothetically) of a dummy mine being planted for easy removal in order to give the appearance of Iran being the good guys. I’m not sure how plausible or effective this would be, was just thinking aloud.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Pompeo is deliberately jumping to conclusions with 0 evidence to base it on.

I think I've read a few threads here that resemble that comment.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What would it take to get me to believe the Iranians did it?

After the last 80 years or so, I would need Jesus on a unicorn leading a fleet of flying saucers down main street singing "Mike Pompeo is right about Iran," and then, you know, maybe.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
What would it take to get me to believe the Iranians did it?

After the last 80 years or so, I would need Jesus on a unicorn leading a fleet of flying saucers down main street singing "Mike Pompeo is right about Iran," and then, you know, maybe.

Do you think US ops fired the missiles at our own drones and damaged all four tankers? If not who do you think did it?

edit on 17-6-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly this is confusing because of the way its being reported on by MSM. The MSM is using the Frontline Ltd. boat [Norwegian owned] named Front Altair; [Marshall Island] flag shown on fire pic [see link]

Front Altair

when they are writing about the Japanese owned boat; Kokuka Courageous [Panama Flag] which had the mine attached to it.

Kokuka Courageous

Where are the ships security cameras for all four sides?

edit on 18-6-2019 by Waterglass because: bad link

edit on 18-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Who knows?

I don't need access to the intel to know for sure that our own government has lied and manufactured pretense for war often enough to lose their "automatic" credibility.

That's why it's important to not be liars, cry wolf and make up nonsense. In the absence of actual answers the safe bet is to assume that liars are always lying until proven otherwise.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

With all the evidence that we have now, who do you think did it?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
I have no idea but if I had to guess, I'd say agendas on both sides have a lot to gain from ramping up the tension between the US and Iran, and 99% of the actual people in either country will not benefit from any of it.

On the other thread, posters are hoping Iran is reduced to bite sized puzzle pieces.

As if we didn't kill enough Iraqi civilians over questionable horse dodo. 'Merica demands another million dead civilians for reasons our chinless leaders don't even bother to articulate.

And why should they? It's a big dumb show.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join