It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran responsible for 'blatant assault' on oil tankers in Gulf of Oman, Mike Pompeo says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Just heard the latest, apparently it was Torpedo Missile-Mines launched from the Iranian controlled part of Emerald City
With munchkins riding shotgun.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

suuuuuuuuuure he has.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Something some of you have missed, removing ordinace is not easy, and if it's active it's even more difficult.

removing ordinace, is easy if you have the "code" or know the wiring. How quickly was the ordinace removed?

was it dissassembled, or was it removed intact? if it was intact, they had the disarm codes, how would they get that information if it was not theirs?

it's a credibility issue, which is subjective at best, "Trump has no crediblity", Amusing, considering the credibility of the accuser.

Just saying πŸŽͺπŸŽͺπŸ’‹πŸ˜†πŸ‘

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I thought he meant they were derelict now because they have been damaged.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people are rejecting the evidence that Iran attacked tankers with mines, accepting Iran's denials and propaganda. Even defending the Iranian regime.

In this environment it seems possible that Iran could orchestrate a massive attack of some kind on maybe Israel or a US city and most of those people would come running in here screaming FALSE FLAG, FAKE, STAGED, ISRAEL DID IT, MOSSAD CIA.

The Iranians deny any involvement, and get away with it because most of the world can't be convinced that the Iranians actually did it.

edit on 15-6-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But I'm having a hard time as to why it would be above the waterline, and as you pointed out why the owner would try to get people to question the narrative.Β 

Because Limpet Mines can be placed on any part of the ships exterior. Which is why it was above the water line.
A limpet mine is a type of naval mine attached to a target by magnets. It is so named because of its superficial similarity to the limpet, a type of sea snail that clings tightly to rocks or other hard surfaces.

So... whomever did this just simply drove right up to the side and attached the "Limpet Mine".

edit on 15-6-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Maybe Iranian video of them defusing the bomb and saving the day?

Isn't that what the video showed? They took down an unexploded ordinance, apparently. I fail to see how a video of people taking down an unexploded ordinance proves they put it there in the first place.

Are all Trump supporters that gullible?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The video shows an iranian boat taking it off and getting out of there as fast as possible.

Did they provide their unexploded mine to anyone for forensic analysis?

Who did they say put it there?

It was Trump who put it there in your mind buddy and that's a problem

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lolz

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Maybe Iranian video of them defusing the bomb and saving the day?

Isn't that what the video showed? They took down an unexploded ordinance, apparently. I fail to see how a video of people taking down an unexploded ordinance proves they put it there in the first place.

Are all Trump supporters that gullible?

No, that's not what the video shows.

Lolz

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
It's amazing how many people are rejecting the evidence that Iran attacked tankers with mines, accepting Iran's denials and propaganda. Even defending the Iranian regime.

In this environment it seems possible that Iran could orchestrate a massive attack of some kind on maybe Israel or a US city and most of those people would come running in here screaming FALSE FLAG, FAKE, STAGED, ISRAEL DID IT, MOSSAD CIA.

Eventually, the Iranians deny any involvement, and get away with it because most of the would can't be convinced that the Iranians actually did it.

It's not like the US hasn't conducted false flags before to start wars. 911, Gulf of Tonkin, It's boltons pattern! and trump knows it.

www.bbc.com...

Is this what you want?

edit on 15-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: Sillyolme

Something some of you have missed, removing ordinace is not easy, and if it's active it's even more difficult.

removing ordinace, is easy if you have the "code" or know the wiring. How quickly was the ordinace removed?

was it dissassembled, or was it removed intact? if it was intact, they had the disarm codes, how would they get that information if it was not theirs?

it's a credibility issue, which is subjective at best, "Trump has no crediblity", Amusing, considering the credibility of the accuser.

Just saying πŸŽͺπŸŽͺπŸ’‹πŸ˜†πŸ‘

If its Irans, why not just set the device off to destroy the evidence?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Did they provide their unexploded mine to anyone for forensic analysis?

What makes you think they didn't? Iran isn't run by goat farmers, you know.

No, that's not what the video shows.

That's exactly what it shows.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

The Iranians deny any involvement, and get away with it because most of the world can't be convinced that the Iranians actually did it.

That is because our country has a known and verified history of creating false flags to get us into wars. If a dirty nuke was set off in America, I would believe it was a false flag, but even if it was Iran, who do you think is to blame for people thinking it was a false flag.

Our politicians did this to themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Lucky the Iranian boat knew EXACTLY were the unexploded mine was located.

What's this I hear about Iranians shooting a missile at an American drone responding to the distress call?

It's almost like they didn't want to be observed.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
John Bolton Interview:

β€œNow I want to make the case for secrecy in government when it comes to the conduct of national security affairs, and possibly for deception where that’s appropriate,” Bolton said. β€œYou know Winston Churchill said during World War Two that in wartime truth is so important it should be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies.”

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Accepting Iran's denials and propaganda as truth despite the evidence is exactly why they do what they do. They're getting better at it. It ultimately emboldens the Iranian regime, because they believe they can conduct these kind of operations and attacks without claiming responsibility or facing any consequences.

If everyone is ok with this, then expect more of it in the near future, probably on a larger scale. All they have to do is deny that they were involved. They have nothing to lose.

Meh

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

How does anyone know they didn't try remotely and it failed.

it happens.

Why would Iranian Navy put themselves in Harms way in the first place?

Are the known for doing this?

is it part and parcel the the Iranian reputation?

Do they often go out of their way to help adversaries and allies?

I have only heard of a few countries that do that, Oddly Enough, the USA is one.

Has the Iranin Navy deployed mines in the past in this area? Not saying they did in this cause, but they have in the past.

So yeah there is as much for Iran as against Iran.

Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Iran planted the mines is sounding a lot like the WMD that Iraq had...

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
Iran planted the mines is sounding a lot like the WMD that Iraq had...

When you think of mines in shipping lanes, you imagine something floating in the water. But apparently, the mines were attached to the hull by the same boat that took the unexploded one away.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Lucky the Iranian boat knew EXACTLY were the unexploded mine was located.
What's this I hear about Iranians shooting a missile at an American drone responding to the distress call?

Apparently two U.S. drones were fired upon, with one brought down, before the mines were planted on the ships hulls.

An Iranian small attack craft fired a surface to-air missile (SAM) at a U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone this week, a senior defense official said on background Friday. The incident happened in the general area where explosions crippled two tankers in the Gulf of Oman Thursday, the official said.

The official also confirmed a report from CNN that a SAM allegedly fired by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen shot down an MQ-9 over the Red Sea earlier this week.
Source: www.military.com...

It appears Iran/rebels did not want to be seen attaching the mines.

I remember Iran disabling and capturing a U.S. military drone about 8 years ago. They put it on display, then took it apart to see how it works.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join