It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 or 27 to 33

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you're quite late to the party!

I'm talking about that wonderful twilight that hits ATS every hour. It's that enchanting moment when time freezes and all is still as the soft driven snow in the night.

(It's that moment when the site goes ratchet insane and doesn't work for sheet! You can't post, can't reply, can't even change pages FSS!)

What do you do during this temporal boon we are given to rest our thoughts and unburden our hearts?

Perhaps you craft a witty response or search for the perfect meme while waiting.

It's also a great opportunity to whip up a grilled cheese, fold the towels from the dryer, or catch up on some anime.

How do you spend your magical minutes?

(If DB or MisterSpock stop by be sure to remind them to keep responses within site rules TYTY)

edit on 10-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I usually spend that time fast forwarding MSNBC from the last 54 minutes 😎

5 or 6 minutes is all it takes πŸ˜€

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I usually go to youtube or facebook or file my nails or make a sandwich or.. whatever.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It doesn't effect me so bad.
I get short freezes when replying or switching pages at that time.

Sometimes the freeze can last a full minute but it always makes it to the next page or post my reply, eventually.

I figured out that I can open a new window and bring up ats and get back to the new threads page and scroll down and read thread titles while I wait for my other ats window to load. If I try to view a thread it will freeze up though.
edit on 10-6-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hmmm.....

I always thought it was my Wi-Fi.

I think it's a little bit strange that some of you spend enough time on ATS that you have discovered this occurs at all.

Lol. πŸ˜‰

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It’s very annoying, do they really need to back up data every houris ATS that important? Once a day should be more then enough...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I usually just do a 60second eye roll while cussing the architects of the site for creating such a sloppy structure while wondering if the guys and gals at the NSA are enjoying my posts as the last hour of ATS is uploaded and processed onto their servers.
edit on 10-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have trouble connecting all the damn time but I never noticed it being at the same times...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I just go Cat-a-tonic waiting!

edit on 6 10 2019 by CynConcepts because: Tried to fix pic

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Since the time is xx:27 to xx:35 minutes after the hour, now, I keep a running game of solitaire on another screen ready to go. I guess it has to be done. Besides, I'm getting pretty good at solitaire...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

I think it's a little bit strange that some of you spend enough time on ATS that you have discovered this occurs at all.

I know it's embarrassing!

But to be fair it has been discussed numerous times already, so most users are aware of it by now. I just wanted to inject some humor into it.

Edit: And hey! I just got an ad for Sargento cheese with a grilled cheese sandwich! Just to inject a little ad-directed conspiracy there!

edit on 10-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I was joking of course. πŸ˜‰

I noticed at times it really lagged just never bothered to look at the clock. Good to know it happens at a certain time.

The cheese thing is a little spooky, can't blame that on cookies.

"They" are always watching!!!! (uh oh)

😜

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just swear and go study something.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
in all " discussion " of this farce - i has yet to see a coherent explaination of " why "

it [ the lag at h+30 ] = a new " phenonemon "

we may have more page views and more members - but benchmark stats records [ post / threads per hour / day ] are all " in the past "

other online forums with current benchmarks exceeding ATS manage to run thier system without this hourly blip

go figure ....................

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddhaI have a few choices.
1 Watch the circle by my cursor go round and round and round
2 Read the "above top secret is not responding recover page" to see if its still the same.
3 take time to look at he nifty little pop up ad at the bottom of the page
4 fall asleep
5 catch up on cleaning my ears, nose or general body scratching
6 Wildcard!! also know as "anything goes!" The name says it all

edit on 10-6-2019 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Testing, testing, one, two, three...

They are real! Big Black Triangles are real! The banks all have back door codes to allow certain people associated with the Clintons remove money in the SHTF scenario. Kennedy was killed by 2 gunmen. And Supreme Court is just regular court but with tomatoes and sour cream!

Thus concludes the test!! We now return you to your pre-programmed reality...

new topics

top topics

join