It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Disobey New Zealand Gun Ban, Only 530 of 300,000 People Turned Guns In

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Hey kiwis ask the Venezuelans how well gun control worked out for them.

Why not ask Australians or doesnt that fit the narrative?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If there is a need the military can force you back in, is that right, I thought the military was like hotel California, you can check out anytime but you can never leave?

The military cannot force me back in.

I was honorably discharged after getting injured in Afghanistan on a mission. Even if I hadn't, the commitment for my particular MOS was for 6 years, with 2 years ready reserve; this is inactive duty. After which the military cannot legally recall you. Some people have 4 years with 4 years ready reserve. Total commitment adds up to 8 years for most.
edit on 7 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You could ask them as I sited them earlier in this thread.
Since their government recently showed its respect for a free press.
They csnt defend themselves either.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I see, thanks for the explanation

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You could ask them as I sited them earlier in this thread.
Since their government recently showed its respect for a free press.
They csnt defend themselves either.

You think we should shoot the federal police if they attempt to assault the free press? That's a little extreme don't ya think.

We in this country have up until recently it seems have actually had a free press, and this is why what happened recently to the ABC media is a big deal.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Perhaps an ambush and temporary detainment would be a preferable initial action. Civilian world gets it's panties in a bunch when people just start dying.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

If there is a need the military can force you back in, is that right, I thought the military was like hotel California, you can check out anytime but you can never leave?

The military cannot force me back in.

I was honorably discharged after getting injured in Afghanistan on a mission. Even if I hadn't, the commitment for my particular MOS was for 6 years, with 2 years ready reserve; this is inactive duty. After which the military cannot legally recall you. Some people have 4 years with 4 years ready reserve. Total commitment adds up to 8 years for most.

It's amazing how people openly admit they're not very knowledgeable on military matters, and then question us when we tell them the military wouldn't comply with a mass disarmament of the civilian population. The arrogance from these folks is astounding. I mean, some gun control experts said the government can disarm the population, so it must be true right? Un#ingreal.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You have squat
You have a govt that does what it wants when it wants
You are a lot of hot air and no more
And the govt obviously knows it

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Do you remember the National Guard opening fire on the Vietnam protesters at Kent State. There were some bad feelings between the protesters, Jane Fonda, and the guys who were fighting the war.. I remember when this happened the chalk boards and many grunt helmets celebrated by making them look like this:

N.G. 4

Protesters 0
WTG N.G.

What is even worse is if we had been told to roll in hot and kill everyone at any university or protest by Nixon or his henchmen no one that I can recall would have refused.. Oh my.... Shock no doubt.... but never underestimate the power of brain washing or the cohesiveness of a fighting unit..

To get the military to do something you just need the right story line .. No different than the police or the FBI ...

Branch Davidians how many kids were burned to death thanks to Janet Reno, the FBI, ATF, and the all important US Army tank ? Seems like 80 people total comes to mind but maybe I am wrong as the event was a long time ago ? Did they deserve to be exposed and arrested for whatever crimes they were accused of.. if you listen to the government they darn sure did..Since they were guilty and had the gall to fight back during an ATF raid, " burn those suckers out" !

Check out the Bonus Army 1932 and see what the active military did to a bunch of vets (15,000 with wives and kids) who wanted to get paid what they had been promised by Uncle sugar in 1924.... The sight of General MacArthur leading active military troops on horse back to destroy the make shift vets homes was so bad that President Hover lost the election in 1932.. He was a dork and a puppet anyway so good riddance..

As far as recall... an officer could be recalled until 60 if I remember correctly. A friend of mine was recalled to go fly for six months active duty.. He was a Captain on a 767 for a major airline.. He flew a twin engine turboprop U-21 for the army because the airforce crashed a 737 into the mountains simply because they did not know how to fly an ADF approach....

Everyone who flew for the Army knew how to fly an ADF approach because that was all we had in many cases. John did mention the food and the pay cut while flying for uncle Sammy.. He along with all my vet friends are retired now or dead and past any recall age..
youtu.be...

Even though it may seem I am disagreeing with you about the gun confiscation stuff and the military I am not in general. It is just that I have less faith than you seem to have about the honor of some of our political brown nosers who hold company, battalion, or Corps grade rank.

Hopefully we will never see some idiot in Washington or local yokel try it.. Or we will once and for all see who holds the losing cards in their cold dead hands..

I did discover a long time ago that no one rules if no one obeys. Governments hate that so they instill fear with their enforcers.. hahaha

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah people always bring up Kent State like that's in any way similar to a mass confiscation of firearms. It doesn't translate to the military comlpying with orders to disarm the entire civilian population. Again, that was a one-time event with a relatively small number of soldiers and a relatively small number of civilians. It also doesn't take into account the circumstances. These were a bunch of anti-war and in many cases anti-military protestors, people the military inherently didn't like. It was also in the McCarthy era where these beatniks were considered a threat to the country because a lot of them were communists and/or Marxist. I'm not saying that's necessarily accurate but that was widespread belief at the time among nationalists and in the military.

Now look at what you're proposing would happen. You're talking about the military, which is majority conservative and pro-gun, being ordered unlawfully and unconstitutionally to disarm the population. Many of the people they'd have to disarm, gun owners, tend to be conservative and love the military, and most of the military don't consider them a threat. Only extreme anti-gun leftists do, who are a minority in the military.

It's not the same thing, at all. Sorry. I know you've believed this gun control propaganda that the government could disarm the civilian population for years, but it's simply not true. It's okay, we all get things wrong sometimes. It can be hard to admit we've been duped by propaganda that sounds good but when analyzed flies in the face of common sense and reality. You've been presented with contrary information from people with more knowledge than you. That's all we can do. Only you can force yourself to remain ignorant.

ETA: You're also looking at a big difference in the quality of the military. Back in those days, most of the enlisted guys who actually had to carry out the orders were less-educated and ill-informed. They believed all that propaganda about communists trying to take over the country. These days, even lower-ranking military are much better educated than you think. Many low-ranking enlisted guys have degrees, and our professional education is much better now as well. We have access to much more information than what Uncle Sam tells us. We know all the propaganda about gun owners is nonsense. It's just another point against this scenario.
edit on 8 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You have squat
You have a govt that does what it wants when it wants
You are a lot of hot air and no more
And the govt obviously knows it

Oh dear, my dear confused fellow , what makes you believe your government is any different ?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Way to go new zealanders
molan llabe!!!
edit on 8-6-2019 by Jrock272 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh dear, my dear confused fellow , what makes you believe your government is any different ?

We can choose the leader of our government, but you can't. BTW, in case you haven't noticed our duly elected POTUS has done wonders for the U.S., and it's people not to mention the help he has given to other countries despite the fact that "left-wingers" the world over have been and still are against him for not being a "globalist..."

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This is good, hopefully New Zealanders will find a way to fix this before their globalist leaders decide "free speech is not wanted in New Zealand..."

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
“...obeying the leaders of their countries.” They were elected to serve the people, they are not “rulers” to be obeyed. Good for NZers for keeping their guns.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 6/9/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I don't even think of an armed citizenry in terms of "self-defense" much (from criminals, etc.) Its the massive deterrent against enemy invaders or bad government.

Would an invading force do better in a nation of citizens with pitchforks for defense, or one where every house harbors a gun pointing out at them. Any government in their right mind should want every house armed.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Our govt is not.....
Our PEOPLE are
en.wikipedia.org...

We didn't give up our right to check our government
Our press covered such

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You know you're free to believe whatever you like, but please just gain some life experience outside of the U S before claiming you have more Freedoms than the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yours haven't been tested to the max yet. If and when they are tested, you lose automatically if you have no right to bear arms. None of us have been tested to that extent....yet. At least when Americans are, we will have a FIGHTING chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join