It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm a little surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

Local conservative activists are planning a “Straight Pride” parade in Boston for August — with their own heavy security in case of trouble — though both its organizer and the president of the LGBTQ pride parade invited each other to the other’s events.

That's cool.

John Hugo, the president of the “Super Happy Fun America” organization that’s putting together the event tentatively planned for Aug. 31, said the parade is aimed at protesting “some serious heterophobia” in Boston. He said he asked City Hall to fly the “Straight Pride” flag — a pink and blue flag with an intertwined male symbol and female symbol — on its flagpole, but that the city declined.

“We are sick and tired of being treated like second-class citizens,” said Hugo of heterosexuals. “We shouldn’t be treated any differently and we are.”

Fair enough. But this is the first I've heard of a "Straight Pride" flag!

At first, I was just kinda "whatever." I'm not proud of being "straight;" what's there to be proud of? It just is what it is. But neither should anyone feel shamed or lessened for being straight. Then THIS caught my attention:

Hugo, who said the causes he’s advocating for include preventing doctors from administering sex-change procedures on minors.

Hmmmmm... seems it's about much more than "straight pride." I can definitely 100% with all my heart support this!!!

This article about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's reaction to the news provides even more insight into the three sponsoring the parade -- one of whom is himself gay: 'What would folks march in? Dad jeans?' AOC joins the social media mockery of plans for a Boston 'Straight Pride Parade'.

'The hate we're receiving from the Hollywood elite is just astonishing,' Hugo said to DailyMail.com, adding that 'we've had a dozens of people reaching out from the LGBT community telling us 'what a fantastic idea' the parade is – 'we have our parade and you have yours'.

Dismissing claims that the march was motivated by homophobia, Hugo said the event's keynote speaker would be a 'very famous gay conservative' but declined to confirm who, citing security reasons.

He also pointed out that the group's third member and 'gay ambassador', Chris Bartley is homosexual.

Anyway, looks like these folks have pretty much got the go ahead. I would lovelovelove to see these folks reach out to the "gender critical" community and work together to make this about much more than "straight pride." We've already seen folks the left and the right come together and support each other in the effort to fight the Trans Taliban. Good folks from all walks of life standing together and standing strong. It could happen. Hoo boy! That would be a wonder to see.

I just might have to write a few emails...

Another article about the parade: 'Straight Pride' parade group claims Brad Pitt as its mascot

Facebook page for the parade: Super Happy Fun America

The groups website homepage: Super Happy Fun America

This could get very interesting. And, more important, it could be very effective in increasing awareness among the people and empower and emboldened all kinds of people to unite and fight the good fight and PROTECT OUR KIDS!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
At the end of the march...they should host a 'Super Happy Fun BALL'.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Perhaps it recruitment drive for .....

Mayor Mark Chambers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Too funny! Thanks for posting.

I hadn't seen that, but when our kids were young and complained about chores, we would tell them, "That's why it's called work and not super happy fun time!" My son the manager now tells his employees that...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is probably attempting to accomplish several things at once.

Firstly, it's a troll, it's meant to trigger certain people while highlighting or attempting to highlight potential inequality from those that champion their own sense of equality.

Secondly, it's probably going to have some other issues wrapped into it, like the highlighted link about gender changes for minors.

It's a win for those putting it on however it turns out. If it isn't allowed to go on, it makes everyone out to be intolerant fools and likely will net them some cash in a lawsuit. If it is allowed, they hold a little parade and have fun while the left sits and stews in it's little intolerant bubble of hate.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Perhaps it recruitment drive for .....

Mayor Mark Chambers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL! Fair enough... but I doubt it given that one of the organizers is gay.

I know it's too much to hope for, but I would really love to see these folks strike that perfect happy medium between the extremes. We need some good Aries folks to start shaking things up -- they thrive on doing the impossible!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Before Larry the Cable Guy became famous, he had a small call in radio gig in Orlando on 101.1 WJRR and would have straight pride parades in Orlando back in the mid 90's.

My point is this was done before.
edit on 6-6-2019 by jrod because: Fix

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Oh God it's going to be a bunch of Boston dudes coming to look at women dressed in skimpy outfits. I bet it's going to be like a moving strip club.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's a win for those putting it on however it turns out.

Yes -- it's a win for everyone, because we all benefit by fairness and freedom of speech and assembly and equal application under the law.

If it isn't allowed to go on, it makes everyone out to be intolerant fools and likely will net them some cash in a lawsuit. If it is allowed, they hold a little parade and have fun while the left sits and stews in it's little intolerant bubble of hate.

I think that might be the most ironic thing about the parade... it will be the haters and the snowflakes who will bring the most attention to the parade!!! Just as the article about AOC did. The articles I had seen previously didn't say much about the total platform of the organizers. It was when AOC decided to mock them on Twitter that the organizers had the opportunity to speak more!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, as a marked man by the left, being white, heterosexual, happily married to the same woman, father of 3 beautiful children, 40+ years employed Christian male, this is my cup of tea. If it weren't for the horrible auto drivers, I might have joined them in Boston.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Who knows if he's even straight?
His whole act is a character.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Oh God it's going to be a bunch of Boston dudes coming to look at women dressed in skimpy outfits. I bet it's going to be like a moving strip club.

I soooooooooo hope you're wrong -- nothing personal, just saying.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if that's all the media focus on.... wouldn't even surprise me if some rabble rousers sent in girls wearing skimpy outfits just so that they can focus on them. That's how it works, right?

BAMN -- By Any Means Necessary.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
Well, as a marked man by the left, being white, heterosexual, happily married to the same woman, father of 3 beautiful children, 40+ years employed Christian male, this is my cup of tea. If it weren't for the horrible auto drivers, I might have joined them in Boston.

Well... um... you freak! And you admit it!!!

Only kidding

Congratulations and good job! Hubby and I are closing in on 40 years, two kids in their 30s now. It ain't easy, and I still don't know how we managed it, but we muddled through somehow. And the rewards are sooooooooo worth it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Jeez that a pretty bigoted and stereotype perpetuating response.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

That pretty much sums up Larry the Cable Guy's straight pride parades in the mid 90's.

Though very small, I doubt these guys can match Larry's parade turnout.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Was just making a joke.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Way past due! I'd travel up for that if I were in the US!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

When I was in Boston in the 80s, that was called The Combat Zone.

I just wish someone would have a march celebrating all of us who aren't getting any. They probably wouldn't call it a Pride March, since we're not really proud of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Seems to me all they are worried about is stopping boys from having a sex change, just helps further the gay agenda. The dont want little girls they want little boys. This isn't straight pride just subversive gay pride trying to fool you

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
so then most boring parade ever?
or will it be a celebration of straight sex?
That could be spicy....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join