It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans think fake news is big problem

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
The idea that, for Trump, fake news is news that is critical of him is ridiculous. But it’s another dogma that has been spread by, well, fake news.

Trumps use of the "fake new" accusation is irrelevant in my opinion. He's a politician and is going to use things and ideas to his political advantage.

"fake news" has been a problem for decades, long before Trump came on the seen, if the news industry had cleaned up its own act Trump could have never used the disfunction to his own advantage.

It is the news industry that is to blame for "fake news" they are the ones who create it and allow it to endure. They do it for many different reasons; political, ad revenue, hubris and ect; and they are the ones who will have to fix it or find themselves increasingly irrelevant.

Governments, particularly in Europe, are setting up massive bureaucracies to combat disinformation. They have justified it by claiming that disinformation threatens democracy. This makes no sense because the free flow of information, which includes disinformation, is key to a healthy democracy.

I think the news industry is partially to blame. But the reader is fully to blame for believing it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Check my history here Dude, This has been my position from early on. It also was reinforced by one of the early books out about his campaign written by a woman who had been with his campaign from the start. Of course that could be passed off as sour grapes on her part because she did not get a position that she wanted. Actually I remember that being one justification of why we did not need to pay attention to her in these forums. As well it can be passed off as just more fake news or whatever in which case that cannot stand of proof of his early intentions.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Fake News is the mouth peice for the Corporate Dictatorship. All to conform to the whim of the deepstate. Sounds fare fetched. I wish it was.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Simply not true.

How do you know?

There's documentary evidence.

Documentary evidence is only as reliable as the chain of custody. Which is always comprised 100% of human beings. Who are (after all) human beings.

And there is commentary. Commentary is NOT news.

1. A matter of opinion

2. Irrelevant since free speech is not constrained to whatever narrow definition you want to use for "news".

Commentary is propaganda trying to program the mind of the American people.

See above.

People need the will to educate themselves on how their minds are being programmed:

Not sure what that means. But I think I agree. People should be smart enough to want to know the truth. You can't really blame that on commentary. It is to do with the nature of humans. People don't want to think. They want to be told. As long as that remains the case, they will continue to believe whatever sounds most appealing to them.

I've watched this video 10 times. Once you understand documentary evidence versus commentary it will change the way you look at news.

I changed the way I looked at news as soon as I realized that people who aim to deceive can always find a way. So, instead, I just assume they're always trying to deceive me

Take Fox News for example.

Or any of them, for that matter.

It wasn't always like this. When I was growing up the news would just show what people were saying.

And that couldn't have been staged? You were there when they were filming? Note that I'm not saying it WAS staged. I'm saying it could have been and you wouldn't necessarily know the difference. Or, as I said, where there's a will, there's a way.

I understand which stories people show is a form of political bias. However, there's something totalitarian is controlling people's opinions.

I guess we're coming at this from two completely different angles. You still trust people.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Did Trump really hope to be president? There has been great speculation that he did not, that all he really wanted was to set himself up to run his own news organization.

Speculation from who? The same people whov'e been pushing the Russia lie the last 2 1/2 years?

However he found enough people who believed his lie to them that he really cared about them by repeating over and over again things that they wanted to hear. The real fake news is that he gives a pipers damn about his supporters in any fashion other than that they continue to buy his lies and support him.

Yeah, they continue to support him because of his lies - oh, wait, he's kept or been actively trying to keep every single campaign promise that he made during his campaign, something no President, or any politician except maybe Ron and Rand Paul and a very few others has done in my 58 year lifetime.

So... no, it can't be his lies, because he didn't lie about anything that really matters.

No one here will get an argument from me that msm is biased. Certainly it is. It is biased to their bottom line, profit, and that profit is determined by selling their product to the largest consumer base there is, the status quo.

This argument is easily demonstrated to be a blatant lie itself.

The more the MSM sticks to the 'orange man bad' meme, the worse their ratings get.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

First of all you call me a liar. Give me one reason why you think I should continue to even consider replying to you with that kind of attitude.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: tanstaafl

First of all you call me a liar. Give me one reason why you think I should continue to even consider replying to you with that kind of attitude.

You probably shouldn't - unless of course you want to start being honest and truthful.

If you continue to lie, I'll continue to call you out on it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join