It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple has revolutionized the game, proving to be a bastion of innovation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Last black Friday, I got my new phone (which I love) for 20 bucks a month for 18 months... It came with a 50' 4K TV for free. It was only open to new customers to the carrier which I already had, so I called them and told them to give me the deal. They said they couldn't because you have to be a new customer, I told them to cancel my contract and I just got a new one, lol.

Depends on the phone you got. Looks like you paid around a $100 for the phone considering 50" 4K TV's go for about $250. That doesn't include how much it cost you to cancel the contract.
edit on 4-6-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

That doesn't include how much it cost you to cancel the contract.

Yea, that was an extra $0.00

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Lol, in the end it was I who got woooshed, and it went over my head.

And yes, having to partition a hard drive and essentially quarantine to get rid of something you don't want is a slap in the face.

They think very highly of themselves and their products.

Like cocomo Joe, legends in their own minds. I actually find it funny everyone believes their BS. With a stereoscopic microscope, a heat gun, memory chip pin mount and steady hands, you can rip their entire ware apart in a day. The fbi, Cia and nsa must either be pretty stupid or just lie lol. If I can do it, surely they can as well, but I have been known to reverse engineer nasty things, like embedded encryption processors and satellite encryption systems.

If it can be built, it can be hacked, cracked and repacked :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Apple is innovative and has shaken the marketplace.

However, Apple is also anti-innovation, as it uses its colossal profits to kill competition, either through anti-competitive practices and patent monopoly, or by buying and squashing new ideas. Same business model is practiced by Google, Amazon and other big software firms. This is why it'll be so difficult for any real competition to be allowed to grow.

To give these big companies credit for their amazing innovative practices in tax avoidance. Top marks.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You got an extra 50,000$?

Then you can have the Maximum Edition Apple Mac Pro (not offical name):

28-core Intel Xeon W processor
1.5TB of RAM
4TB of SSD storage
Pro Display XDR monitor
and four AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo GPUs

Now if thats not gonna make you shove over the cash I dunno! /s

Edit: or you could buy a cheese grater, around 1,99$ at walmart or such...
edit on 4 6 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Apple is innovative and has shaken the marketplace.

However, Apple is also anti-innovation, as it uses its colossal profits to kill competition, either through anti-competitive practices and patent monopoly, or by buying and squashing new ideas. Same business model is practiced by Google, Amazon and other big software firms. This is why it'll be so difficult for any real competition to be allowed to grow.

To give these big companies credit for their amazing innovative practices in tax avoidance. Top marks.

Biblical evil.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's like every time they come out with a new phone it's only slightly better than the last one and they charge more than a grand u.s. currency.

However just like the tech nerds that push 5G, there will be someone who throws cash at any new tech thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Actually, they have been one of the driving forces behind ruining the internet. Mobile devices have more or less destroyed forums because the interface is just not designed for typing up nice, thoughtful posts. So you end up with meme graffiti on every site. I never thought I'd see such a huge step backwards.

You might have noticed forums like this one have stagnated and participation, new members and new threads have plummeted. That's why.
edit on 4-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Once again, Apple makes an inferior version of something that already exists while pretending it's new - and then charges more for it. Dell already has 8k monitors out for a lower price. Apple's entire business is a scam to rip off stupid people. For everything they make, there's a better version out there with better specs for a much lower price.

Here's an amusing exercise for Android users: Ask iPhone users what they love about their iPhones, and then listen to them describe a bunch of things Android phones do.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sounds like a good deal then. Most early terminations have a hefty fee.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You could say.. Its the memeocalypse..

The true end of days, woe be upon us. Our fields are salted earth and our larders devoid of content.

Theres a desktop site option on most mobile browsers, if you didnt know. I dont think it has much to do with participation or stagnation though, I think there are much deeper, over arcing reasons for that. Rather off topic though, I suppose

@trollz:

They have an absolutely brilliant strategy, right? Their entire business has been keeping customers (victims?) in their ecosystem, as well as making sure those folks remain ignorant of anything outside said ecosystem. When they market a new product as "the best ever!" most of their customers are not in a position to question it at all.

Like I said earlier, I think a little while back, you really could make the argument for preferences. But now? I really dont think thats the case anymore.

They have become far too reliant on the brand loyalty that they have cultivated, and even though they have redefined what "brand loyalty" means.. That can still only go so far.

I expect to see them continue to struggle, and Ive known diehard apple fans actually jumping ship in the past year.
edit on 4-6-2019 by Serdgiam because: Truly the pinnacle of human civilization

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A cheap 20 dollar smartphone loaded with books is all I ever need. Consumerism!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

You could say.. Its the memeocalypse..

The true end of days, woe be upon us. Our fields are salted earth and our larders devoid of content.

Theres a desktop site option on most mobile browsers, if you didnt know. I dont think it has much to do with participation or stagnation though, I think there are much deeper, over arcing reasons for that. Rather off topic though, I suppose

The desktop option doesn't give you a real mouse and keyboard. You're still gonna be sitting around squinting at a tiny screen and trying to poke out more than a sentence with your sausage fingers. You're telling me this has nothing to do with people not posting on forums as much as they used to?

There are people who don't even have desktops or laptops anymore because they're just so deep into the mobile thing they've forgotten they can have a 25 inch screen a real keyboard and a real computer. A glorified pocket calculator isn't my idea of a leisurely stroll through the forums.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My PC > Your Mac, your phone, your whatever.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You can most certainly use a physical keyboard with mobile devices. Though, I know plenty (myself included) that type at roughly the same speed either way. Im not the fastest or anything, but I can exceed 100wpm on both.

You can also cast it to most modern screens. Though, viewing distance and effective screen size are major, major factors in the experience obviously.

Probably important to note I never said it didnt have anything to do with it, just that there are much more influential factors.

Im also not sure what phones you are familiar with, but most modern devices are quite powerful. Granted, they haven't moved the bar much recently, with apple certainly leading that pack, but hell.. the average newer phone likely has more RAM than many desktops in peoples homes.

For someone that doesnt need a bunch of different devices, just using a phone is an extraordinarily viable PC replacement at this point. Simply because it can be used exactly as that PC, with equal performance in standard tasks. Its just in a portable form factor.

Ill take both though.. And complete my heresy by playing PC games on the couch with a controller D:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Like selling freezers to Eskimos.
There is a sucker born every minute.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

You can most certainly use a physical keyboard with mobile devices. Though, I know plenty (myself included) that type at roughly the same speed either way. Im not the fastest or anything, but I can exceed 100wpm on both.

You can also cast it to most modern screens. Though, viewing distance and effective screen size are major, major factors in the experience obviously.

I guess the question is...why would you bother if you don't have to? I don't have to so I don't do it. My PC probably weighs as much as a small refrigerator but that's OK because it doesn't need to be moved.

Anyway, I know for a fact that many people do find typing on a phone to be unbearably tedious because I have had so many people tell me they'd type more than two sentences but they're on their phone and it's torturous.

Anyway, I've been doing forums for 20 years and they didn't start a rapid decline until the past few years. Directly in proportion to the rise of mobile. Also mobile has caused a culture thing where people don't actually want to sit down in front of a computer anymore. So they try to do their computing while bumping around in a bus or a subway or the passenger seat of a car and we all wonder why nobody wants to post anything but memes.

The smartphone thing is the single biggest difference between 2009 and 2019. And Apple is right in the middle of the dumbing down of the world with so called smart phones. LOL
edit on 4-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yeah, but that OS tho.
Windows isn't touching Mac OS, especially not from a security standpoint.

Apple has been able to push an OS software update within 24 hours for critical vulnerabilities.
And when they fix them, they are fixed permanently.

Windows? "Lemme get back to you on the first Tuesday of the month, homie."

Windows Defender is a separate application on Windows, and utilizes system resources to perform it's purpose.

Vulnerability, security updates for Mac OS, get coded into the OS itself.
No extra resources.

That's one example, but if I were to try to prove Mac OS has superiority over Windows, in the words of Captain America. "I can do this all day."

But yeah, the hardware itself? You have my agreement on that.
edit on 4-6-2019 by Archivalist because: Meh duncare

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join