It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Yong-chol: 'Purged' N Korean diplomat appears with Kim

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What makes this alleged story more valid than the others?

The dude that was supposedly executed (according to the story that blew up in the MSM) is photographed at a public event with the man that was supposed to be responsible for his execution.

The story that he was executed had no photos of his dead body.
Which story is more believable, of the two?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The vetting process goes like this:

1) We heard a rumor about xyz.
2) Can we somehow spin this as being bad for Trump?
3) If yes, report. No further verification required.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

What makes this alleged story more valid than the others?

The dude that was supposedly executed (according to the story that blew up in the MSM) is photographed at a public event with the man that was supposed to be responsible for his execution.

The story that he was executed had no photos of his dead body.
Which story is more believable, of the two?

It wasn't actually that he was executed, it was that he was sent to a labor camp. Either way, him being photographed at this event so close to Kim proves the initial reporting was bogus. If you're so out of favor with the regime that you're sent to one of those camps, you're not gonna be out 3 days later going to events with Dear Leader.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Reports of purges or the executions of high-ranking North Koreans who have fallen from favour are difficult to verify, and often prove inaccurate.

Kim Yong-chol: 'Purged' N Korean diplomat appears with Kim

But we all fell for it anyway.

The media wants to hurt Trump and his efforts in any way it can. It will subvert efforts with foreign adversaries to seek peace, it will sour and divide the country, it will continue to manufacture lies about the people who truly affect their dominance, the voters.

This is now media damage control for a lie.

I don't even know what the guy looks like to know if it was him with his hands over his face. I know the media will do what they can to hurt Trump and make everything about him, but I'm not too sure what to believe as far as this picture goes. I can pick out Kim Jong Un in a crowd of NK's, but I couldn't pick out the Choy guy if he was right in front of me.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I wouldn't doubt it if Soros, Obama ors ome other smack was behind this.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The reason for this is there are two often cited parody papers in South Korea and China that are essentially The Onion but focus on North Korea, and today's idiotic "journalists" will repeat anything without a shred of proof.

Other notable instances of parody reported in the western media about North Korea through this method are North Korean Unicorns, Kim invented the cheeseburger and a couple of others.

The Issue is a total lack of journalistic standards or integrity in the media caused by both political activism focus and a drive for profit.

I was talking to my buddy in Germany about this and they've been getting the same reports. I don't think they get the same kind of fake news our guys give us over here. He's told me that Germany is neither friend nor enemy of NK, but this could change that. So obviously they're taking it serious over there.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

I wouldn't doubt it if Soros, Obama ors ome other smack was behind this.

Why? I'm not advocating we blindly trust MSM, they're toxic entertainment punditry outlets. But if they ran this story and didn't use wording like "allegedly", that's on them, and they likely did it for revenue.

Why are we acting like this is the final wedge in peace discussions? Since when did a country executing their own stop any kind of diplomacy? Do we not still talk to Saudi Arabia, Russia and others who have far harsher political punishments than the west?

I think the missile tests were more counter productive from peace talks, but still not the end all be all end.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The BBC article said punished for the collapse of the vietnam talks. Did they do these talks in vietnam or is this just more sloppy journalism?
edit on 3-6-2019 by savagediver because: sloppiness

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The dude that was supposedly executed (according to the story that blew up in the MSM)

No, this guy was allegedly sent to forced labor camp, re-education camp, or concentration camp per "media" sources.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The dude that was supposedly executed (according to the story that blew up in the MSM)

No, this guy was allegedly sent to forced labor camp, re-education camp, or concentration camp per "media" sources.

Sorry, I confused the name with Kim Hyok Chol, that was executed, according to the fake story. The point remains the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Sorry, I confused the name with Kim Hyok Chol, that was executed, according to the fake story. The point remains the same.

We're sure that the other stories are fake? Why because this one suits you more? I'm skeptical of them all, and to be honest they could still all be correct.

Maybe some people were executed, and this guy sent to camp. Maybe Kim needed this guy so he sent him to camp to freak him out and brought him out to show mercy and get him re-aligned and more committed.

I find it funny that many fail to see the irony of calling something false, bitching that they through out unverified hypotheticals... All why framing a speculative agenda for this story to impede Trump (not out of the realm of possibility, but not proven in this instance, though it has in others).

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I usually use my own intuition, because it's usually correct. I'm glad you're not blindly walking off the plank towards MSN Insanity. Congratulations for waking up.

I think we're so used to watching the MSN and persecuting people based on their ideology that we forget our own.

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

I think we're so used to watching the MSN and persecuting people based on their ideology that we forget our own.

But can't you see the inverse is using the same tactics?

MSM journalists (opinion pieces typically or outright pundits) typically report off of intuition or emotion without verifying. So in this case they ran with a South Korean and or Chinese outlets reporting that there were executions. Their logic is "well it wouldn't be the first time so it's probably true".

By default, people approach that with skepticism as there is no evidence (good move). But some say "since it appears they are wrong, than my intuition on what's going on must be right", without evidence.

See the dilemma?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We can't believe anything MSM tells us these days. We should just call all their news fake news, do not believe one word they utter about anything. They even blow weather incidents out of proportion these days.

I ‘believe’ everything the MSM tells us .

I ‘believe’ it’s politically motivated propaganda .

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

But can't you see the inverse is using the same tactics?

MSM journalists (opinion pieces typically or outright pundits) typically report off of intuition or emotion without verifying. So in this case they ran with a South Korean and or Chinese outlets reporting that there were executions. Their logic is "well it wouldn't be the first time so it's probably true".

By default, people approach that with skepticism as there is no evidence (good move). But some say "since it appears they are wrong, than my intuition on what's going on must be right", without evidence.

See the dilemma?

Yes I do, I see the dilema, and I don't trust foreign insight. What i see is fake repertoire performed by foreign interest.

It's a problem.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yes I do, I see the dilema, and I don't trust foreign insight. What i see is fake repertoire performed by foreign interest.

But what would be the motive? Just a sly to Trump, maybe they don't want the peace process to go through? Why wouldn't they want peace, if the alternative was war and regime change, who takes the refugees? Do you think China and South Korea want a bunch of brainwashed and unskilled workers (sorry for the callousness, but it's the truth).

I'm not discounting the often proven case of MSM running unverified stories... But they have become like politicians to me, and so if it does come out they messed up you have to ask was it incompetence or malice. In this case, I'd say incompetence.

Edit: either way, this is a good conversation in my opinion seeing as we are openly discussing it, and I thank you for that. cheers.
edit on 3-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

But what would be the motive? Just a sly to Trump, maybe they don't want the peace process to go through? Why wouldn't they want peace, if the alternative was war and regime change, who takes the refugees? Do you think China and South Korea want a bunch of brainwashed and unskilled workers (sorry for the callousness, but it's the truth).

I'm not discounting the often proven case of MSM running unverified stories... But they have become like politicians to me, and so if it does come out they messed up you have to ask was it incompetence or malice. In this case, I'd say incompetence.

Edit: either way, this is a good conversation in my opinion seeing as we are openly discussing it, and I thank you for that. cheers.

You're assuming they don't want the peace process to go through. China doesn't care about intelligent ant workers. They couldn't care less. All China cares about is China. But then you have to ask yourself Why. Why is it that the last administration allowed China to buy up so much American Land? Why? if you honestly took a look at this, you'd ask yourself why China owns so much of North America.. This includes Canada.

Can you honestly answer this for me?
edit on 3-6-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Why is it that the last administration allowed China to buy up so much American Land? Why? if you honestly took a look at this, you'd ask yourself why China owns so much of North America.. This includes Canada.

Can you honestly answer this for me?

$$$$

China are opportunists, and after our housing bubble pop, I don't think many were in the position to be picky about the buyers considering banks and other financial institutions were caught with their pants down holding bad loans. If they wanted to stay alive, they had to pay back the federal government to the tunes of billions of taxpayer dollars loaned to bail them out.

China has always been a nation that leverages others. It's our fault for letting ourselves get in that position in the first place.

We didn't do anything to prevent that happening again. And I don't see any feasible initiatives on the table now either.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver
The BBC article said punished for the collapse of the vietnam talks. Did they do these talks in vietnam or is this just more sloppy journalism?

The talks were held in Vietnam, yes.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

But we all fell for it anyway.

Not all of us.

The media wants to hurt Trump and his efforts in any way it can.

Trump ?
Seems to me the story was about showing Kim is a madman leader to be feared and reviled , people like feared and reviled it gives them something to worry about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join