It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Stranding video and release date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
November. Finally a date.

I would put this on equal footing as Cyberpunk personally. Actually going to buy a PS4 just for the occasion.
edit on 29-5-2019 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

link am broke.

Yeah I was thinking holy crap I need to go buy a PS4!

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Fixed, sorry, forgot how to ATS.

FF7 will be on PS4 as well. Money well spent methinks.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Just watched that.

Its hard to bet against Kojima, the guy makes great games. Though I think on one of the reason he did the whole Metal Gear series is because he is a big movie buff. You know the whole Snake pliskin thing. And you can see that with this game, now that he has his own studio, I think he is trying to go that whole route of making videogames into movie, or basically playing a movie, or whatever.

Judging by that trailer I am hyped for this game, been for a while. But, I think I remember a year or two ago, somebody was playing a demo. And well, they said that it was a walking simulator more then a videogame. ie, boring. But if anybody know how to pull things together into new forms, and make it fun, its likely Kojima and comp.

I for one am waiting to see how this game plays, before I say anything. But ya! its one game I will buy either way. And I am getting tired of the old school type of games, not that there bad. But there needs to be a new formula out there, besides its either a FPS, or a platformer, or a sandbox, or a RPG ect ect, so many are either one or the other, the best being just a mix of a few, but still just stuck in those boxes. So ya, hoping they can come up with a new genre, just to keep things fresh. I am hoping this game can be it, but you never know.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh ya! I seen the FF7 remake some weeks ago as well.

At first I thought it would be kind of pointless to remake ff7 even if its in new and awesome gaming cg glory.

But after seeing that vid, and everything. I am so for it now, though I admit it was only after seing it in action, and well that new updated Tifa character modeling.

Though I do think that if there going to remake any game from that era, then Xenogears has a lot more going for it then FF7. But still, that game came out when I was in highschool, I still remember when kids I knew used to bring the strategy guide to school and we would look through it all the time at lunch. Back when the Playstation and blocky CG charters was leaps and bounds above 2d sprite based games.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I've never really been interested in Death Stranding, seems decent enough, looks stunning and I'll definitely play it but for me Cyberpunk 2077 is the one. The demo video blew me away with it's huge populated environment and futuristic society, technological augmentations etc.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I won't lie. This looks interesting, but it's not so interesting that I'm going to buy a PS4 for it. Maybe they'll release it on PC someday.

But investing in a PS4 with next-gans right around the corner (next year?) would be crazy IMO.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I’ve never considered jumping ship from Xbox before...until now.
I’ve never heard of this game, but it looks phenomenal.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I’ve never considered jumping ship from Xbox before...until now.
I’ve never heard of this game, but it looks phenomenal.

Ditto

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But investing in a PS4....

If only I could make that argument stick!

It does bring up a valid question though; will they port DS and FF7R over to PS5???

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Interesting trailer , I now understand.

PC Please !

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Interested that after so many years trying animators are still having trouble with the eyes, everything else is pretty much nailed down tight.
What is it about the eyes that they cannot yet capture?

This looks fascinating, creepy bag baby and all.
Would be interested in finding out more about the story line/plot(i.e what in the name of frag did I just watch!)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I won't lie. This looks interesting, but it's not so interesting that I'm going to buy a PS4 for it. Maybe they'll release it on PC someday.

But investing in a PS4 with next-gans right around the corner (next year?) would be crazy IMO.

Pretty much my stance as well. I dont have much interest in consoles anyway though.

Ill probably watch some of my favorite youtubers play through it. Im rarely interested in actually purchasing the games afterwards.

@Ibanez:

I think mouths have gone a bit wacky too. First really noticed it in ME: Andromeda, but I saw it in games like Days Gone too. Its not blatant, but just off enough..

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great game so far, and so far I wouldn't call it a walking simulator. There is a lot of walking, but stuff happens along the way, plus exploring and discovering. After 5 or so hours of gameplay I finally understand most of the advance stuff on it (but not all-- lots of mystery left)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde
Seems lots of people hate this game. I knew that if they didn't fix the gameplay mechanics it would be old and tedious.

Kojima sucks on the game play mechanics, but is pretty good on the story mechanics. Anyways, there may be more to the game then what it looks like, but to tell the truth I will not try it, these days if it does not hold my interest for the first few hours or its repetitive and boring. Still waiting for that first part of the FF7 remake, and thats not far away, so got to pass on this game.

Not likely to try it. But hey, reviews are in.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I thought it turned out to be Amazon delivery simulator?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Yeah I agree, gameplay mechanics and controls are terrible. Just to do simple things you have to navigate through a complex menu just to find what you're looking for.

Plus I'm confused and stuck, trying to do delivery 14 but apparently something happened to one of the 4 packages so I can't
complete it, no idea where I'm supposed to find it. And several cities have like a red mark over them like something's wrong

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think I said it in this post before. But even the metal gear series, the latest ones are more stream lined. But the old ones, the controls are funked. You literally had to hit a bunch of buttons and go into a menu and then scroll through another menu just to get snake to hop over a curb, or take out an item.

I dont understand why nobody just beat Kojima over the head about the controls, and the gameplay. The game idea has promise. But nothing I have seen on it, especially gameplay wise looks any good. I mean cant really comment on anything other then that, but like the vid I posted concluded, it looks like 1 out of 5 to me. Even if it has a killer storyline, the gameplay just does not make me want to even try it to find out.

At the end of the day, if its not fun. Whats the point?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
I think I said it in this post before. But even the metal gear series, the latest ones are more stream lined. But the old ones, the controls are funked. You literally had to hit a bunch of buttons and go into a menu and then scroll through another menu just to get snake to hop over a curb, or take out an item.

I dont understand why nobody just beat Kojima over the head about the controls, and the gameplay. The game idea has promise. But nothing I have seen on it, especially gameplay wise looks any good. I mean cant really comment on anything other then that, but like the vid I posted concluded, it looks like 1 out of 5 to me. Even if it has a killer storyline, the gameplay just does not make me want to even try it to find out.

At the end of the day, if its not fun. Whats the point?

I played some of the older ones ps2 I believe and the controls were just backwards and complicated menus.. evey game may use o as back but this would be to fire

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Dude if you were working for Amazon you'd be getting a write up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join