It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some tips...ground beef

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DukeMisterio
..... serve over a bed of fresh, delicious, Kale.

GACK!!....BRAAAAP, GACK...GACK!!!

Kale SUCKS!!!

Sorry!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hi Fcd

Try this recipe for Jamaican Meat Pie (Jamaican Beef Patty). You will NOT be disappointed.

www.africanbites.com...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: DukeMisterio
..... serve over a bed of fresh, delicious, Kale.

GACK!!....BRAAAAP, GACK...GACK!!!

Kale SUCKS!!!

Sorry!

I seem to always end up as the Kale supporter.... LOL

Kale is just fine in cooking if you wilt or keel it.

It also does perfectly well "chipped" with a little olive or sunflower oil and a touch of garlic... then you can either use it as a scoop for dips or crush it up and use it in salads, etc.

Picking some kale leaves and trying to eat them is about the same as chewing on the side of a pine tree.

Kind of like walking up to the cow and chewing on the tail.

It's all about preparation...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

My folks used to do something similar to this except they used cream of mushroom soup. I'd take out the cream of mushroom soup and make an actual mushroom cream with some portobellas sauteed with some nice bacon and then cooked in with some heavy cream in the bacon drippings. Mix that with your ground beef and put in in your pastry. Then cut them pinwheel style and bake. You can reserve some of your mushroom cream for a sauce to put over the top when the pastry pinwheels come out.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh my, that does sound yummy! I had made my own ravioli In the past with tomato sauce ( just easier for me to cut out rectangles with pizza slicer)...but I am really liking the idea of mushroom bacon sauce. Thank you for the inspirational post.

Edit add: pizza slicer gave me another idea too: OP could make yummy meaty pizzas!

edit on 5 27 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Stuffed peppers or halupkis.(cabbage wrapped around burger/rice mixture in tomato sauce)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

THREE BEEF BOMB

2-3 parts Ground Beef + 1 parts Ribeye + 1 parts Beef Rib

"Morselize" the meaty portions from the ribeye steaks and beef ribs ('small' but not fine bits is the idea). Then break up the ground real well and mix it all up real good (this fraction you do want to come out more towards the fine scale). The flavors transfer into the ground, although the rib flavor comes out the most. Then you have all that added tender texture in there from the ribeye, whilst getting tons more working material for your bucks. True alchemy! Now use this base for whatever from chili to spaghetti to sammiches. You can also add in some beef bacon.

I came up with that on the fly anticipating something new for a big party that was a couple days away. With it went generous Jamaican Cajun powder + Cajun powder + Chipotle 'oil', which came out to total beef alchemy. On chicken it aint bad, but it just doesn't bond with the meat the same way as beef. Then huge mound of the 'C3 Three Beef Bomb' was cooked on foil in the grill over foil. Then assortment of several peppers from jalapenos to poblano to 7 pot etc (smaller types but with enough room to stuff) were carved up, meat blended with blue cheese then stuffed, all into big pyrex baking dish, and into the grill. Yeah the last stretch pepper prep part was big task and happened at the party, and blew the doors off that place! Jamaican was even blown away, he raved as he explained in real time as the three "C's" all 'compete' (in a good way) simultaneously to impress you, like a rolling wave effect from one to the other to the other and again and again. Especially when you were one of the ones to grab one of those stuft 7 Pot's and throw the entire thing into your mouth at once! [dont start with that start with jalapenos and work your way up]

edit on 27-5-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Can’t go wrong with tacos.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Pasties. We make them quite often, I learned from a seventy five year old woman forty years ago how to make great pasties.

I just taught my daughters stepdaughter how to make them, a lot of it is on how to cut the veggies. You can also make pasty pies.

If you cook them, then lay them on a rack to cool, then put three in a ziplock bag and freeze right away, they stay in the freezer for up to fourmonths, tossing them in the oven on a pan from frozen for forty five minutes and they are just as good as just made.

Maybe I will make a video and post it....since I have one of the best recipes around, my daughters think I should be greedy, but I feel everyone should be able to enjoy them. The cost to make a pasty is about a buck twenty five, using organic carrots, grass fed organic beef, organic or vidalia onions, and organic flour and real butter in the crust. The beef doesn't have to be organic, just pasture raised and properly aged.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oops, I somehow edited it wrong.
edit on 27-5-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I came up with that on the fly anticipating something new for a big party that was a couple days away. With it went generous Jamaican Cajun powder + Cajun powder + Chipotle 'oil', which came out to total beef alchemy. On chicken it aint bad, but it just doesn't bond with the meat the same way as beef. Then huge mound of the 'C3 Three Beef Bomb' was cooked on foil in the grill over foil. Then assortment of several peppers from jalapenos to poblano to 7 pot etc (smaller types but with enough room to stuff) were carved up, meat blended with blue cheese then stuffed, all into big pyrex baking dish, and into the grill. Yeah the last stretch pepper prep part was big task and happened at the party, and blew the doors off that place! Jamaican was even blown away, he raved as he explained in real time as the three "C's" all 'compete' (in a good way) simultaneously to impress you, like a rolling wave effect from one to the other to the other and again and again. Especially when you were one of the ones to grab one of those stuft 7 Pot's and throw the entire thing into your mouth at once! [dont start with that start with jalapenos and work your way up]

That story though... makes dodging gunfire from a spare ray gun in the hands of a monkey whilst up a tree giving birth dodging wolf attacks sound so easy!

edit on 27-5-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

What parts of the cow go into the grinder? It sounds amazing. I want to try ground sirloin but it'd probably be $10/lb at least right? 80/20 ground beef at the grocery store is around $4/lb. I'm guesstimating using sirloin steaks per lb.

Hamburg steak 0.5 to 1lb a piece no less. Wustersher, garlic, salt and black pepper in the beef, sauteed onions on top. Serve with a side of fried, baked or mashed potatoes, a green vegetable and Heinz 57 sauce.

Sloppy joes with homemade chunky sloppy joe sauce that has onions and peppers, hot banana pepper or jalapeno rings on top.

Spaghetti (beefaroni) with small shells or bow tie pasta. Prepare as your normal spaghetti but sub spoon sized noodles.

Spaghetti (bolognese) sauce; use 50/50 ground beef and ground hot italian sausage.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Cincinnati chili, enchiladas, Vietnamese beef lettuce wraps, runzas, loose meat sandwiches, cabbage rolls, meatloaf, Swedish meatballs,

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
GREAT suggestions everyone! Keep them coming!

I am actively looking into recipes for empanadas and pasties now. Excellent suggestions, as are all the rest.

Several people have noted a dish I grew up with called "American Chop Suey", which is basically simmered onions and ground beef and then flour added to make a gravy...served over mashed potatoes. Mom used to make this fairly often and honestly I'd actually forgotten about it. Used to love that dish.

All in all some excellent suggestions all!!

Thank you! And, I welcome more.

Oh, and for those asking about what cuts of beef this ground is...it's all cuts ground up into ground beef. In other words, the entire animal is butchered, all the meat mixed together, and then ground. So every pound has everything from prime rib to chuck in it. This is why it's soooooo good!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods, they have meat sauce. Now to be honest, it is like Texas chili....all ground beef no beans. It is used to make garbage plates...trust me, they are good..I think network dude has had 1 or 2.

You can use this bean less chili as a base for many things, or as a topping on many things. The great thing is you can spice it to taste.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I counter the shepherds pie with meat Pasty with gravy ( because if it's no Scottish, ...It's crap)

www.foodiewithfamily.com...

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
One of my personal favourites: Bifteki
Its Greek stuffed meatballs (with cheeeeeessse
)

www.seriouseats.com...

You can add Gouda cheese also instead of, or combined with the feta.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sell it? Most of the ground beef you can buy at the average store is # quality. People would go crazy for high quality stuff.

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

If you make a dish containing basically just ground beef and simple things (onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, etc.) that goes over pasta or in/under something, think about adding about 1/4 t. marmite for each pound of beef. It adds serious umami. You can get marmite online. It changed cottage pie from, "Man, this is alot of work for a boring dish" to "this is great". Be sure to dissolve the marmite in a little hot liquid before you just throw it in with the beef. It's tacky.
edit on 28-5-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

We like to make a big pan of spaghetti sauce with Hamburger instead of Marinara only or Meatballs. We put some dried onion and garlic in the pot with a some water to keep the meat from sticking to the steel pot. Drain the fat once the meat is brown and then add tomato's and tomato paste and your favorite herbs like Basil and Oregano, etc. A little wine is added in after you get it rolling and it will be Gourmet. Make enough to have supper with a family of 4 and two lunches with 1 # package.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join