It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some tips...ground beef

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There are so many yummy dishes to make with ground beef.

-Stuffed peppers

-Stuffed tomatoes

-Empanadas

-Meat loaf (mix beef 50/50 with Italian sausage)

-Beef salami

-Mousaka

the list is long and tasty

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've heard that you can make jerky out of ground beef.

I do it all the time with ground meats... you can buy an extruder pretty cheap.

My old Kitchen-Aid came with one.

Just mix your spices up, extrude and smoke!

One of my favorite ground meat comfort foods is tamale pie.

Another fun one that I'm pretty sure you can accomplish with your cooking skill level is moussaka.

Done right it's heavenly.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Chinese or Korean dumplings.

A lot of people use pork, but in my families recipe we use beef!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's not an all bad idea actually. What about layering in some flour taco shells? That might be good instead of pasta.

Gorditos.

No... not Gorditas.

Fry up some taco meat, get a few pounds of refried beans going in a pot and get a large casserole dish ready.

Dice and boil some potatoes...

Then dip flour tortillas in the refried beans, cover the bottom of the casserole dish, layer on cheeses, meat, potatoes, refried beans, etc.

Sometimes I throw black olives into the mix as well... my sister adds corn.

Get three layers going with flour tortillas between the layers, cover the top with cheese again and bake.

They don't call them fat boys for nothing.

edit on 27-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I like doing stuffed peppers, or Mexican casseroles.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We make a cassarole called Greek beef that uses ground beef in a tomato sauce on the lower half covered with a an egg, pasta, white sauce mixture on the top that uses some cinnamon and nutmeg in it for spicing. The flavoring is more subtle.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: DBCowboy

Chocolate covered meatballs.

Dipped in a basil strawberry sauce??

Hmmmm...

Perhaps we're onto something here!

Someone beat you to that insanity...

Chocolate Candied Beef Bacon

Candied beef bacon... a win/win for both of you!

edit on 27-5-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Microwave a couple pounds and serve over a bed of fresh, delicious, Kale.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Saute onion pieces. Cook hamburger meat. Make a gravy out of the drippings, add the hamburger meat. Add ground cloves to personal flavor. Serve over mashed potatoes.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I don't eat a lot of beef, except for the occasional burger, so other than that and Spaghetti sauce, I have few recipe ideas, but I do have a few questions: 550lbs of ground beef, how the hell long does it take you to eat all that (assuming it's short enough to not go bad, even when frozen), how many people do you feed, and how often do you eat beef???

I mean, 550lbs, jesus.

ETA:

Of course, I do like a good Salisbury steak with mushroom-red wine gravy.
edit on 27-5-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This sounds delicious. Is there a name for it or is this your own recipe? I'd love the recipe.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Moussaka is amazing, I second this idea!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Bulgogi?

On a bun.

In a dumpling.

With noodles.

With rice.

Mix and match to your heart’s content.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I make hamburger patties over rice and gravy....you add ritz crackers or bread crumbs, salt pepper and garlic to the meat, make patties, fry... then I
Use two packets of brown gravy mix,
Follow instructions and once gravy is brought the a boil turn to low heat, add in the burger patties and simmer for about 20 minutes. Mine always fall apart into just chunks, serve over brown or white rice, or homemade mashed potatoes, a veggie or two on the side and some kind of rolls or bread.

I make variations of tacos as well, I’ve made homemade “crunchwraps”

You make taco meat and then take two tortillas and fill with meat, cheese, lettuce tomato salsa whatever you like, then put a little spray in the pan and fry both sides, kind of cinching around the circle with a fork as the cheese melts (it helps hold it together) and flip it, then you’ve got a little pocket of taco heaven.

I make stuffed shells with ricotta cheese and meat mixed together, covered in marinara sauce and then mozzarella on top, baked for about 30 minutes until cheese is melty

My friends mother used to make a fun dish with taco meat, velveeta cheese and rotel tomatoes, then you dip it onto Fritos or scoops
But I no longer eat the fake velveeta cheese and haven’t found a decent replacement - but it was good when I was younger and didn’t worry
So much about processed food.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

That's what it was called. I picked it up out of Taste of Home magazine. My only quandry with it is that it's very subtle in flavor. I am thinking about adding some crushed red pepper to it.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Lettuce wrap?

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love using my crockpot and slow cooking many meals, but I am sure most can be done in the oven as well.

Au gratin potatoes with browned ground beef is a delicious meal, toss in some onions, and peas for a full meal.

Salisbury steaks slow cooked in a beef gravy goes great with mashed taters and vege. I often just mix a packet of onion mix into the beef then form my patties. Very flavorful and quick too.

Chili con carne is a given but better for cooler weather.

Mexican lasagna. Just fix up the ground beef as you would for tacos. Grease and dust a casserole dish with oil then flour. Line bottom with flour tortillas, add layer of meat, sprinkle with cheese, repeat another layer, finally cover with flour tortillas, salsa sauce, and cheese.

Beef stroganoff is also nice hearty meal. Though pasta meal, nice change up from so many tomato sauce recipes.

Beef hash in the skillet is delicious too. Ground beef, onions, potatoes...perfect for brunch or dinner.

Obviously, burritos. Get creative with the flavour fillings.

Most of these are pretty simple to prepare and cook. I actually discovered and tried these recipes after looking online seeking how to use ground beef differently too.

I am not one to follow a recipe completely though. I always tweak to taste or make substitutions. Though a few changes to one recipe provides multiple diverse tasting meals.

Edit add: just remembered making beef jerky in the dehydrator! Those are tasty little snacks and they usually don't last long, since everyone grabs a bag to munch on as a snack.
edit on 5 27 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Do you can?
To make it last longer, I can up about 30 pints of taco meat, so it's just a heat and serve deal on nights I don't feel like cooking. (most nights, lol) I can up just regular hamburger too, for sloppy joes, chili, goulash, whatever

Also, I will spend an afternoon making up a bunch of pasties for the freezer for the same reason. Maybe they are just a MI thing? But so dang good and filling.

LOL I hate cooking really, and would rather spend one day canning, for a month of easy meals.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
For breakfast, you can season your ground beef as you like and mix it in with scrambled egg and cheese and either roll that into a tortilla for a burrito or put it between two street taco size tortillas for a sammie. You can add things like tomatoes and peppers or mushrooms and spinach (our son's favorite). Make up a batch and reheat in the oven for a quick breakfast.

My folks also use ground beef seasoned and mixed with Velveeta and some beans for a crock=pit hamburger dip. We substitute actual cheese like queso quesadilla or Cheddar or some other nice melting cheese that's actually cheese.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Try doing sausage rolls. Usually pork and beef but just beef is good too. Get some puff pastry sheets or make them yourself. Add an egg or two to the ground beef, any seasonings you want and cheese if you like. Spoon some beef mix onto the pastry form it into a cylinder like shape and wrap the pastry around. You can fold/pinch the ends to enclose or leave open. It's good tasty and easy. You can do small batches of different flavours so you can have a variety on the same night. Taco seasoning, just a nice Italian blend, crazy hot chilli flavor, Moroccan, pretty much and spice mix you can think of.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join