It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some tips...ground beef

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I need some good ideas for ground beef recipes. I'm looking for stuff which is different and good, not the usual hamburger helper, or spaghetti sauce kind of stuff.

We just processed an animal from our herd recently. This was an older animal (not too old, but older than a 18 month old steer), and what we do sometimes is, rather than have them butchered to steaks and roasts we have them ground (mostly). This way, all the sirloin, roasts, prime ribs and what have you all get processed in to ground, and it's the best ground meat you've ever had! I mean the BEST too! Long and short, this isn't your ordinary 'ground beef'.

So, we recently picked up about 550 lbs. of ground beef, and true to form, it's fantastic. So, now I need some outside-the-box recipes for ground.

I'm not adverse to adding other types of meat to it, things like pork, or lamb, but I'd like to get some ideas from the cooking crew here.

Short of some exotic meatballs, I'm out of ideas. Burgers are only good so many times.

Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I’m a pretty good cook and I can’t come up with anything outside the box. Chili, meatloaf, hamburgers, stuffed peppers it’s all been done to death . The only thing different I like to do. Is brown my beef then drain and mix in brown gravy either prepared or in the packets for open face sloppy Joe’s . Top it with a little cheese, coleslaw , mashed potatoes in the center or whatever floats your boat .

If all else fails.

Tomorrow is taco Tuesday .

edit on 27-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Shepherd's pie - just make sure you find a good recipe for it.

There are all kinds of variations on lasagna.

Look for anything that uses a ground meat and use your stuff.

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Stuffed Zuchinni. Add a little pork too, and fresh basil, oregano, panko, seasonings and EVO

link   

Almost 250 kilos of ground beef, did I read you right and covert that correctly? You lucky bugger you

Being a Scot, have to suggest Mince & Tatties but don't do what everyone else seems to do and throw in carrots and all sorts of veg etc, yuck!

Keep it simple:

Chopped onion, fry it with water until soft, add the ground beef (mince). Brown it then add a generous amount of brown sauce, few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and fill up with water to just above the meat. Keep topping it up and slow boil it for as long as you like (longer the better)

Soft boil potatoes with sea salt. Mash them up in butter to taste.

I normally then just add bisto to the mince when the potatoes (tatties) are ready to the thickness/taste you like.

If the meat balance does not taste quite right, add more brown sauce or Worcestershire sauce to suit.

Cannae beat it!

Might not be outside the box but if you have not tried it, get it done

PS: here's something really unusual, never tried it but might be worth a look from 9:25 mark (does look quite strange)...

edit on 27-5-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
grilled patties smothered in clarified onions sliced long and thin in a home made brown beef gravy.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've heard that you can make jerky out of ground beef.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ahhh...now there's a good one! Shepard's Pie!!

One recipe duly noted!!!

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Stuffed butternut squash, stuffed shell pasta, meat pies, goulash, cottage pie, just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Not really a fan of mix and match mystery ground beef like you have made, or just ground beef in general, but it has it's uses as an ingredient!

Should try to get your hands on some wild boar, grind it up and mix it into the ground beef and make a meatloaf, I've had that before it was delicious.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

A little more explanation, please.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Yes, you read it correctly, about 250kg of ground beef.

Sounds great! I will try your recipe.

Another one noted.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

This is not 'mix and match' ground. It is ground, all cuts, which has been mixed, and then fat content carefully added and then packed. That's different. Every package gets the same approximate content of grind.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
ATS daily double.
edit on 5/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

How about chilli con carne..... lasagna!

You have your beef, beans, taco powder, some cumin, then Cook the chilli, grab some cheese and lasagna sheets, Cook in the oven an voila! You have whatever the hell I just came up with.

You did ask for something different

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thinking outside the box, why not create a dessert recipe using ground beef.

Start a trend!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's not an all bad idea actually. What about layering in some flour taco shells? That might be good instead of pasta.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That is actually called Taco Pie. There should be recipes online, not sure how my mother makes it.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Chocolate covered meatballs.

Dipped in a basil strawberry sauce??

Hmmmm...

Perhaps we're onto something here!

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What I meant was, I'm not a fan of all cuts from a cow processed into a single grind of meat. I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter since most recipes call for cooking the ground beef for somewhat long periods of time. I didn't know you were also adding fat back into the process. Made it sound like you were just throwing processed beef into a grinder and letting it go.

You can make a soup, mini meat balls.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if you used ground beef in your tamales instead of the usual pork? It's not like they don't put everything else in there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join