It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Foods, Now Valued At $2 Billion, Is The New Beyond Meat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Why do I always hear about companies like this when it seems to late to get in ?

Living in Asia unless you like Chicken, pork, and stuff that comes out of the sea a good steak or even a hamburger is not that easy to find. Pork with the Swine flu in China where they are killing most of their stock is a bad deal and makes you wonder if the communist Chinese are selling bad pork just to lesson their losses ?

I can honestly say I have not had a good steak over here unless it was imported from Australia simple because every square inch of land someone/government has a claim and their idea of land usage does not include large herds of beef cattle.. The few farmers who do raise cattle you see on the roads in the morning waking their 6 to 12 cattle off to some ditch or farmers land to graze.

If you are riding a motor cycle the cattle usually leave several large droppings in the road one should really avoid unless you want a stinky slippery situation. I suppose that is better than Elephant droppings which luckily we have not had any free roaming around here in a long time..

Following in the footsteps of easily the most successful IPO in recent history, Beyond Meat, Impossible Foods, maker of vegan meat substitutes, has just raised another $300 million. The company is now valued at about $2 billion, according to FT.

The latest round of funding raised by Impossible Foods was led by Temasek of Singapore and Li Ka-shing’s Horizons Ventures and has taken the company's total cash raised to over $750 million. Meanwhile, Beyond Meat's share price has tripled since two weeks ago when it listed at $25 per share. It now has a market cap over $5 billion and was last trading with a $90 handle.

They just signed a deal with Burger King which will be offering the "Impossible Whopper" to more than 7,000 Burger King outlets !!

I wish I had more faith in stuff like this.. My luck I would eat a few and some important piece of my body would fall off or be laying in my death bed and when someone asked what is he dying from they would say, "He was impossible whopperized" !

I have no doubt if the texture and flavor are good this product will sell and put many meat ranchers out of business in the far future.
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yeah, I'd be cool with this kind of thing if it wasn't obviously a PETA type of agenda-pushing product.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
At $25 a share is a great deal ! Which means others bought at $8 and below.

Burger King signed on to do this, if McDonald's, Shake Shake, In&Out, Wendy's etc.; sign on, the market share will go way up, not including Asia, because Burger King and McDonald's are all over India, Singapore, more developed Asian countries. It's going to really take off.

This was a great tip off this morning. I will look into it.

Vegetarians/Vegans don't make a large majority in America, India/Taiwan they do.

Look at youtube for reviews. Pretty good.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The interesting thing will be when they introduce the meat substitutes?

Like processed chicken nuggets, no law states that a burger has to be meat.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Better sell any Burger King stocks though....lol
7000 yuck burgers..

On a side note, I was in the grocery store yesterday and came across a product called "soylent"....

Somebody in the marketing dept is an idiot or brilliant....

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

7000 yuck burgers..

On a side note, I was in the grocery store yesterday and came across a product called "soylent"....

If you looked into the technology in the Impossible Burger, it's not a simple vege burger.

It actually has a protein that gives it the same quality as meat, and from reviews it's basically identical.

I'm sure die hard types will still pooh pooh them though, coz meat ugh ugh ugh, and anything that sounds like a PETA thing means something to rail against regardless of reasons, but I doubt the people who inhale a burger without even thinking would ever notice a difference.. only those picking it apart to scientifically dissect their meal to bag it on twitter.

Would be a fun experiment for one of those hidden camera shows.. "You've won a free burger, here it is... how was it, very good? Well guess what!"

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am a meat eating American.

But I also believe we should be looking into meat alternatives and other ways of producing meats (lab grown). I'll go try one out.

So long as it is packed with nutrients and tastes good, I'm all for it.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I've never found a food substitute that is even close to what its supposed to be replicating.

Not sure it will ever happen.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I like real cheese though.

If beefing goes down I hope milking doesn't go down with it.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: gallop

I've never found a food substitute that is even close to what its supposed to be replicating.

Not sure it will ever happen.

They are betting on that in 30 or 40years, no one will remember what steak/beef/chicken/pork/fish tastes like. That way they can just call their crap tasty (fill in meat product type) and charge big bucks for it. Like tasty beef with a carcinogenic aspertame aftertaste lol. Don't want those peasants making it to pension age after all.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

so at my restaurant we sell the impossible burger. it cooks and tastes a lot like a beef patty. so much so that vegan customers complain we gave them real meat. The literally think its impossible what we served wasnt slautered cow. it has something like 25 grams of protein. it even looks like bleeding as it cooks. before you cook it its like a medium dark pink ground beef look.

but....

for over a month we cant get them in stock.
demand has outrun supply.
its no bueno.

so impossible is trying to double their production.. but this demand isnt even including burger king yet.

unless there is some crazy bad thing they find that is unhealthy with the imposible burger its going to take off even bigger.

its the only non meat substitute that had me a raging carnivore thinking, damn i guess i dont need to eat meat.

i wish we had them in stock, i just made my self want one.

Impossible burger isnt even in the same ballpark as other fake meats. If any of you can find a restaurant that sells it you have got to try it.
edit on 19-5-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Never have felt good eating a dead animal.

It tastes so good though.

I would love a great tasting substitute.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Doesn’t soy cause excessive estrogen in males? I don’t want boobies, I’ll stick to real meat. Although that does sound like a sustainable substitute.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I like this product because it pisses off the anti-GMO crowd who would rather watch poor Indians go blind than advocate for golden rice.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Doesn’t soy cause excessive estrogen in males? I don’t want boobies, I’ll stick to real meat. Although that does sound like a sustainable substitute

They use the soy as a means to get leghemoglobin, then use genetically modified yeast to produce more of it via fermentation.
edit on 19 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, as many of you know, we raise beef cattle. Beef prices are way up. I'm not too concerned about the beef industry being threatened by an alternative product. People should have a choice, and if they don't want to consume real animal meat then this is fine. It's certainly their prerogative. I do find it quite ironic though, people wanting something which 'tastes' like something they have something they have some moral, religious or dietary objection to.

But I'd try one of these 'impossible' burgers. I think I'm a pretty good judge of beef, so I'll report back when I find one.

One thing I do find a little troubling is a statement made by Impossible's CEO...

CEO Pat Brown said they are working on "whole cuts of beef", including steak. "If we can make an awesomely delicious world-class steak ... that will be very disruptive not just to the beef industry, but to other sectors of the meat industry."

(underscore added by me)

Wikipedia

So, the CEO's mission is not necessarily about creating a nutritious alternative to meat, but rather bent on being disruptive to the beef and livestock industry as a primary focus. I find that pretty interesting, and also telling.

BUT...here's the biggest thing of all about the impossible burger which should scream louder than anything else. The vegan / vegetarian community are all staunch non-GMO supporters, right?

Well, the impossible burger is NOT non-GMO!!! It is produced using genetically modified yeast to make the primary ingredient, heme protein. So back to the theme about being disruptive to the beef and livestock industry...what is the REAL mission of impossible meats???

Oh, and then there's this...

Impossible Foods Misleading Consumers

Interesting, the motivations of some people.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

7000 yuck burgers..

We found a bone in a vegan meat product. The company sent an envelope for the bone to be sent to them to investigate

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's not non-GMO! They openly admit it!

So they're openly introducing a genetically modified organism into the food stream, yet if it stops the cattle industry it's okay.

LOL! Talk about hypocrisy!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Double

edit on 5/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I noticed your source did not state how Impossible's heme is any different from "natural" heme.

I also noticed that it is making loose associations between people to construct a conspiracy theory around the company.

It's pretty standard anti-GMO propaganda.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join