It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Foods, Now Valued At $2 Billion, Is The New Beyond Meat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's not non-GMO! They openly admit it!

I know that. "Admit" like GMOs are a bad thing?

So they're openly introducing a genetically modified organism into the food stream, yet if it stops the cattle industry it's okay.

There's nothing wrong with GMOs. I also advocate for lab-grown meats. When that technology takes off, we will really see the end of cattle farming in the West, at least.

Technology disrupts. Always has, always will.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Processed foods are bad.....RIGHT?

Seems like Impossible Burgers must be bad then.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Keep dreaming!

Not gonna' happen.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Wow...we could go down a rabbit hole on this one! So you don't think the Monsanto's of the world aren't a bunch of mafioso's??

Think: Roundup resistant crops (which coincidentally don't germinate...so you have to buy next year's crop from Monsanto too! No strong arm tactics there, is there???).

Monsanto stockholder are ya?

Like honey?

Nvm...we'd go way off-topic here.

edit on 5/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk I do find it quite ironic though, people wanting something which 'tastes' like something they have something they have some moral, religious or dietary objection to.

Oh I'm sure they can come up with some kind of pseudo-intellectual explanation for their irrationality.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

None of these are arguments against GMOs.

Making asinine accusations of being a shill isn't a legitimate position to take. Monsanto doesn't even exist anymore. It's all Bayer now and no, I don't have stock in them either.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It's not non-GMO! They openly admit it!

There's nothing wrong with GMOs.

There is so much wrong with this statement that I won't spend my time explaining to you why are wrong except to tell you that you are wrong. Enjoy your GMO food.

edit on 19/5/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Quote fix

edit on 19/5/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

So why post then?

If you have a ton of peer-reviewed data that says GMOs are all bad I'd love to see it.

Let's see if you can come up with sources that haven't been completely discredited.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Never in my life before now has there been a greater sense of compassion to save the lives of bees over the lives of the ever growing bunson burned test tube human lives. You are what you eat folks... that reality will never change.

Paul Stamets... please save me from this madness!!!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'd be willing to try this, but I highly doubt it could compare to a great or even decent beef hamburger. Is a pound of this "meat substitute" cheaper than hamburger? Is the menu price cheaper than a regular burger? If it's the same, I'd rather just go with beef IMHO.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Who do you think it is who pollinates all those crops????

No bees...no crops / failed crops.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

So why post then?

If you have a ton of peer-reviewed data that says GMOs are all bad I'd love to see it.

Let's see if you can come up with sources that haven't been completely discredited.

I posted to tell you that you are misinformed as to the safety of GMO's. Nothing more. As for spoon-feeding you peer reviewed data, I'll leave that up to you. The truth is out there but you won't find it on Monsanto's site.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I posted to tell you that you are misinformed as to the safety of GMO's. Nothing more.

Qualify your statement or don't post.

As for spoon-feeding you peer reviewed data, I'll leave that up to you.

I have my sources, where are yours?

The truth is out there but you won't find it on Monsanto's site.

This isn't a cogent argument.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes, I am acutely aware of who owns Roundup now. Monsanto created it though, and they created it with a specific purpose. Monsanto sold Roundup to Bayer because of all the lawsuits, and the impending anti-trust suits to come. Basically damage control. Convenient you would mention this sale to Bayer...as it only happened in July 2018. Hmmmm, isn't that curious!

Monsanto created it to serve as an effective weed killer which wouldn't affect their (Monsanto's) genetically modified seeds (the ones which are sterile and are not perennial). 2-4-D (roundup) is a broad leaf herbicide, but crops like wheat are considered broad leaf crops. Spray 2-4-D on wheat and it kills it, just like a weed. Spray 2-4-D on Monsanto's GMO wheat seeds and it doesn't kill it (that's the whole idea). So you had to buy not only your seed from Monsanto, but also your herbicide too. Oh, and then there's that ugly little part about the seed not being fertile, so farmers can't plant seed from last year's crop in this year's fields. Cha-CHING!

So there is a direct connection between GMO foods and bee populations, and this connection is Roundup.

Sorry, your statement about nothing being wrong with GMO foods is dangerously wrong!

edit on 5/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Agreed... it's bees. That's why the lives of bees are becoming more important than the lives of the test tube humans to me.

My point was to indicate how irrational humans take their observations down thee line of science, all while ignoring the natural life that is dying off at absurd rates.

I'll take mycelium over GMO's any day.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Sorry, I misunderstood where you were headed with that.

Incidentally, I don't see the GMO issue as a "green" issue as much as a crime against humanity. I don't think it's a left or right issue, and I see as many people on the right who have similar opinions to mine on the subject.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Nothing to apologize for. I am a bit cryptic in my communication channels anyway.

Paul Stamets is literally my most envied hero... the man is a living super hero. Had Mr. Stamets not found how mycelium/fungus was being killed by glysophate and synthetic crop additives, and how reintroducing mycelium back into the diets of bees restored their pollination cycles we ALL may be doomed.

Now that mycelium has been found to be the answer, it just may be time to let the test tube dieters get what they deserve and 'OFF' themselves.

The only direction I care about is down and up... down with the science eaters, and up with the natural. I endorse those that make this a left or right issue to select their diets from the test tube side of the menu.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

GMO Impossible Burger tests 11x higher for Glyphosate weed killer residue than Beyond Meat burger.

“We are shocked to find that the Impossible Burger can have up to 11X higher levels of glyphosate residues than the Beyond Meat Burger according to these samples tested. This new product is being marketed as a solution for “healthy” eating, when in fact 11 ppb of glyphosate herbicide consumption can be highly dangerous. Only 0.1 ppb of glyphosate has been shown to alter the gene function of over 4000 genes in the livers, kidneys and severe organ damage in rats. I am gravely concerned that consumers are being misled to believe the Impossible Burger is healthy.” stated Zen Honeycutt, Executive Director of Moms Across America.

Link to article

Now, I'm not touching this product.

Great discussion though, we learn through others' points of view.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

You should follow all of those links and then ask yourself what is wrong with this picture.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Basically damage control. Convenient you would mention this sale to Bayer...as it only happened in July 2018. Hmmmm, isn't that curious!

Why is this convenient?

I'm not getting your angle here.

Sorry, your statement about nothing being wrong with GMO foods is dangerously wrong!

prove it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join