It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Arc and Dinosaurs???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hello all, This is about Noah's Ark and the origin of Chivalry©

The Age of Chivalry©
an original poem by jBowles

The Age of Chivalry, we are told
Descended from Arthur
And his Knights courageous.
Practiced, as it were, by Kings
Nobles, and their Sages

Unless we say, As I do now
That the good ‘ol King
Fair practiced his Wit and Charm
In a tradition handed down
When the stately Ark went first aground.

T'was in fact the Lord
Upon His throne that charged Noah,
So's it'd be known
To esteem his Congregation
Nigh the Exalted Home.

The Lord's voice was clear,
So let us all hear
The words spoken unto Noah.
Admit thy Wife, and Sons & their wives to debark.
Then Ye' shall go "Forth" from the Ark.

But little have we thought
Of the critters
That we've fraught.
In this ancient name,
Of Chivalry and charming Custom!

So listen still, His voice ringing chill
Those words spoken unto Noah.
Ye shall commit all flesh, to debark
Of Fowl, Creepeth things and Cattle.
While Ye' shall go "Forth," from the Ark

So it was that Chivalry was born,
Among Man and Beast
And whatsoever Creepeth.
Follow After your Kind,
And go "Forth" - as Commanded.

So Chivalry we see
Was the First Decree
The others are still in the Book
So best we should render, a cautious look
Before we're reprimanded.

The Age of Chivalry©JamesBowles_October 2, 2000

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
you know what, Ive got a question for those who think that creation isnt true.

if the universe is less than 20billion years old, how are there stars out there that they claim to be 100 billions lightyears away.
by the way a lightyear is a distance, not a time. dont get the two confused, a lightyear is the distance light can travel in one earth year.

but some science books say that some stars are as far as 50 billion light years and others hundreds of billions of light years away, I dont doubt that they are, but if the big bang were true, how did the light get here? because that surpasses the age of the universe first of all, and second, they say that it takes a couple billion years for a star to form anyway. so from the time of the big bang that leaves about 13 billions years for stars to form, but how did the light get here so quickly?

I mean this would be a for both creationists and big bang believers.
but the creationists answer would be that God made the light already visible to the earth. because they are for signs and seasons.

just a thought, I dont know of a logical answer, most people say that light cant be sped up through space becasue there is nothing out there to speed it up.

experiments have been done where they sped light up to 300 times faster than the speed of light and theyu also slowed light down all the ways to a dead stop.
google that one, I dont have the links anymore, but they are on google somwhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
you know what, Ive got a question for those who think that creation isnt true.

if the universe is less than 20billion years old, how are there stars out there that they claim to be 100 billions lightyears away.

Inflation.

It screws everthing up.

Ibut the creationists answer would be that God made the light already visible to the earth. because they are for signs and seasons.

Why make the stars at all? And he made the light before the stars?

experiments have been done where they sped light up to 300 times faster than the speed of light and theyu also slowed light down all the ways to a dead stop.

I'm familiar with the ones that slow it down, but I've never heard of any that sped it up. Infact, slowing light down is easy, it slows down upon moving thru anything, water, air, glass, etc etc.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
ok Nygdan, i know this doesnt have much to do about Noah's ark, but it has to do about questions regarding the big bang. if there was a big bang then why are some galaxies spinning clockwise, and other counterclockwise??

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Cruncher. It seems you must have overlooked my previous post [de-sa-vu]

Originally posted by riley
I notice how you completely avoided my other questions.. again. Seems to be a habbit of yours.

Please don't just change the subject, avoid points or answer questions with questions or 'it's wrong so there'/'the bible says otherwise' without providing evidence to back your opinion. Why is australia not in the bible? How were koalas rescued? How were they fed? Why were aboriginals spared by the flood.. and why did they never hear about the OT? How did dinosaurs end up inside rock that are millions of years old if they were rescued by Noah 6000 years ago? Did he travel back in time before humans existed?

I'd appreciate it if you adressed the questions marked in bold.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Alien Life Form,,
Your friend obviously took you for an idiot, for you had the audacity to make the first post. Noah and dinosaurs?!! Please!! Jeezus, I"m coming back from a long break, but I have to say that you need more than this forum can give you. This is an educated site for the most part, and you need to spend some time in some simple online chats learning about people and deceit before you come in here spouting craziness. Honestly, that's my best advice for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is a wild read. But if ya download this ebook its one heck of an interesting read. This says alot about the dinos, Noah and the bible.
www.rael.org...
Now please do keep in mind...I never said I believed any of it, but anythings possible.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
in reply to the reason why australia is not in the bible. well if you are trying to follow the geneology up until Jesus is born and a few generations after or so; you need to follow only certain people, now the bible cannot teach everything, it cannot follow every single path of diversion. it follows everything that is important to man determind by God.

if you havent noticed the bible follows a certain path of geneology, and in order to get to Jesus, you have to follow a certain path of geneology, that is the most probable answer I know of.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joshm2u
ok Nygdan, i know this doesnt have much to do about Noah's ark, but it has to do about questions regarding the big bang. if there was a big bang then why are some galaxies spinning clockwise, and other counterclockwise??

There is no physical law that states that when an explosion occurs all particles will be spinning in the same direction.

Source

I know this was for Nygdan but I thought I'd try and help. I think the Law of Angular momentum also allows for their gravity to change as long it balances out in the Universe.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I'm unsure what point you are making with this.. it says amber can take millions of years to form.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by riley]

Yeah wasn't sure if the boot was a fraud or not, never saw anything on it.
But my apologies, I forgot a piece of that post. I was gonna use this also,

link
But there are fossils that have been formed in the last few thousand years
in the ocean. This has been known for over 45 years. L. G. Weeks reports on
the occurrence of fossilized fish in concretions formed during the past few
thousand years,

Basically showing that some fossilization periods are relatively short geologically speaking but others are much longer. All depends on conditions.

Also, after reading my own post I'm even a little confused

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
actually the law of conservation of angular momentum actually does have an effect on the big bang, josh is right about this, the law covers more than what I am about to cover but it does in fact cover this.

if a spinning object breaks apart in a frictionless environment the fragments that break off will be spinning in the same direction, and the aurgument for this is "well it exploded that produces enough force to change the direction of the rotation." well thats not a bad argument. but that doesnt explain why there are opposite orbits around the same planet or star. plus if the bag bang was an explosion after 15billion years, there should be absolutely nothing for miles around the starting point.
take a look at a explosion, if an object explodes in a frictionless environment (lets use space) every fragment will leave from that point and travel never touching any other fragment ever again. in fact the distance between the fragments will increase as they travel further. and if all the parts are leaving the object, there is eventually going to be nothing left at the origin, and after 15 billion years, if the fragments from the big bang were traveling at high velocities, there would be a giant space around where the BB took place.
basically, matter should be expanding from eachother just the surface of a balloon gets further away from its center as you fill it with air.

if the big bang did happen, the universe should be structured like a shell and all matter would make up that shell. not a solid shell. but in the general shape of a shell. with nothing but space in the middle.

I dont know of a better way to explain it.

also how did
this bettle evolve its defense mechanism according to evolution?

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Evolution Cruncher]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

actually the law of conservation of angular momentum actually does have an effect on the big bang, josh is right about this, the law covers more than what I am about to cover but it does in fact cover this.

I don't think the Big Bang was an actual explosion, but time and space itself expanded. Even so why could that planets not have their gravity changed? The Big Bang wouldn't come to be commonly accepted if it violated major laws of physics.

I'm sure its been stated before, but ity doesn't violate the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics either. E=MC2 means the mass and energy are interchangable, so matter is not being created or destroyed, only changed from or into energy.

also how did
this bettle evolve its defense mechanism according to evolution?

That is like asking why can't it fly? It evolves according to the enviroment and other living things aroundf it. I don't know the exact situation of the Bomadier Beetle but I'm assuming it's defence was best for survival.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The Big Bang wouldn't come to be commonly accepted if it violated major laws of physics.

its accepted by most people who dont understand the laws of physics, they just accept is because it elimitates God (at least thats the way I see it) also if there was no space to begin with, how did it expand when there was nothin to expand? how did matter expand into space that did exist?

the beetle is able to defend itself from it predators [by use of explosive chemicals] because God designed it that way.
the bettle doesnt need to fly, why would it need to fly, us people dont need to fly, it would be nice, but we dont need to fly.
many things dont need to fly.
I dont see the point in the ability to fly not being there.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

its accepted by most people who dont understand the laws of physics, they just accept is because it elimitates God (at least thats the way I see it)

No, people accept the theory because evidence backs it up and the theory itself had predicted many physical phenomena which have been discovered to exist.

big bang theory is wrong?

also if there was no space to begin with, how did it expand when there was nothin to expand? how did matter expand into space that did exist?.

Your still thinking of the big bang as a explosion, which in fact it wasn't. It was infinitely dense, trillions of degrees in temperature singularity which began to to inflate and from there, space-time, matter and energy was created. Again, it wasn't a balloon popping and releasing "stuff" but like a balloon inflating and expanding in size.

ssscott.tripod.com...

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Agentdemon]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
that last site just makes me laugh because it is so out to lunch. it is just someones imagination. a billion years is so hard to comprehend. i think its just ludacris how you can belive that.

has anyone every seen a star form? we have seen them explode, but never form. interesting.....evolutionists, epsicallly cosmic, use time as their reasoning for the existance of the universe.

have you ever heard of occam's razor?

one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required

that is it. its much simplier to say that God created the earth, then theorizing about superfast inflation, and soup, and just throwing in billions of years in there for fun.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No, people accept the theory because evidence backs it up and the theory itself had predicted many physical phenomena which have been discovered to exist.

ok I have a question, lets just say that God exists and was proven to exist, would that change your lifestyle, because God has rules. shall shalt not...
if God did exist, would that change your lifestyle?

also, if the big bang wasnt started by an explosion, then what caused space and matter to expand? also the theory says that space and time did not exist before the big bang, if there is no space or time there cannot be matter and space cannot expand if there is no space to expand, you cannot stretch something that does not exist. matter cannot exist without space of time. if matter did exist before space and time, when and where would it exist?

the theory also says that before the big bang occurred, there was nothingness, (no space, time or matter) but somehow the entire universe compressed into one dense region.
I would like to point out that space and or nothingness has no density so what would cause it to be compressed? matter cannot exist without space and the theory says that space did not exist, so how did this thing happen? if it wasnt an explosion, what drove everything apart? and since the theory says that everything expanded at supoersonic speeds how did fragments from the expansion come in contact with eachother, they should have been growing further and further from eachother meaning that nothing could have formed.

since the theory also says that the dot (the entire universe) was spinning due to the law of conservation of angular momentum, if it wasnt an explosion than everything should be spinning with the same rotation and the same orbit directions.

there is no evidence that the big bang occurred but it is assumed that it happened because everything seems to be moving apart. well that is based on the assumption that we are somewhere near where the expansion began, and that the universe is billions of years old.
if the universe is 15 billion years old how is it possible for stars to be more than 15 billion light years away?

so what caused this expansion of space[that didnt exist to begin with] and matter[which cannot create itself nor exist without space]?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshm2u

have you ever heard of occam's razor?

that is it. its much simplier to say that God created the earth, then theorizing about superfast inflation, and soup, and just throwing in billions of years in there for fun.

So an all powerful, omniscient deity, is somehow more simple than matter and energy? We know matter and energy exist, and theorize how they got there by examining the universe, and putting forth the best one that is supoorted by the evidence.

Somehow, God always existed, and broke every law we know of. You accept that God came of nothing, and can created from nothing, but have trouble with the Big Bang?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

its accepted by most people who dont understand the laws of physics, they just accept is because it elimitates God

Actually It was Sir Fred Hoyle, an astronomer who understood physics, came up with The Big Bang. Why would people accept it just because it eliminates God? Could it just make more sense to them?

(at least thats the way I see it) also if there was no space to begin with, how did it expand when there was nothin to expand? how did matter expand into space that did exist?

Matter didn't expand, Space-time expanded.

the beetle is able to defend itself from it predators [by use of explosive chemicals] because God designed it that way.
the bettle doesnt need to fly, why would it need to fly, us people dont need to fly, it would be nice, but we dont need to fly.
many things dont need to fly.
I dont see the point in the ability to fly not being there.

This beetle is unique because it can't fly, and can defend itself by use of explosive chemicals.

I think it got that way because of necessity.-
The best traits for survival are passed on, in any living thing. Sometimes they don't need to change and stay the same for millions of years. Things are they way they are, because of necessity.

You think they got that way because God designed them.

So using Occam's razor, which is simpler? They are the way because they need to be, or because God intricately designed every living thing meticulously until they worked together?

And to your question about Stars, Which star that we can see is more than 14 billion light years away?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

in reply to the reason why australia is not in the bible. well if you are trying to follow the geneology up until Jesus is born and a few generations after or so; you need to follow only certain people, now the bible cannot teach everything, it cannot follow every single path of diversion. it follows everything that is important to man determind by God.

if you havent noticed the bible follows a certain path of geneology, and in order to get to Jesus, you have to follow a certain path of geneology, that is the most probable answer I know of.

This still doesn't account why australia does not get a mention in the bible.. or why aborigines did not believe in god.. and why they have no record of Noah. They've existed before Noah.. 'during' Noah's time and after that without having any contact or interference by other races. Their genalogy is not relevent as they are not decended from Noah.
And..I notice how you completely avoided my other questions.. again. Seems to be a habbit of yours... thankyou for anwering at least one of them though. The others:

How were koalas rescued? Why did they need to be rescued when Australia was not flooded? How were they fed? Why were aboriginals spared by the flood.. and why did they never hear about the OT?

Most important of all:

How did dinosaurs end up inside rocks that are millions of years old if they were rescued by Noah 6000 years ago? Did he travel back in time before humans even existed?

BTW the provided regrading your hero [not sure who posted it and can't find the link- which is a shame because it's a good laugh].. has a little story about a man killing a raptor by tearing it's arm of and bleeding it to death.. apparently thats how they died out. We killed the dinosaurs.
it then goes on to say "It is a true story!" THAT is not science.. it is comedy. You cannot use it as proof.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by riley]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Matter didn't expand, Space-time expanded.

well according to the big bang theory, and someone(65 year old tom) I am currently debating via email, says that there was no space or time before the big bang.

how can something expand that doesnt exist?

Actually It was Sir Fred Hoyle, an astronomer who understood physics, came up with The Big Bang. Why would people accept it just because it eliminates God? Could it just make more sense to them?

if I proved to you that God existed and the bible was true, would you change your lifestyle?

I think it got that way because of necessity.-

well what determined that it was necessary? I thinks its necessary to have wings so I can fly, but I havent grown wings yet.

This still doesn't account why australia does not get a mention in the bible.. or why aborigines did not believe in god.. and why they have no record of Noah.

if you look in the bible, especially with moses, the people saw that God was there with them and yet decided to build a golden calf and worship it. that doesnt make a lot of sense now does it?
you are making the assumption that they existed before noah did. do they have a legend of the golden age?, cuz almost all cultures do.

noah didnt rescue every animal, he rescued two of every KIND of animal. and how did they date those rocks they found that dinosaur in?

the geneology of the bible is important, because in order to get Jesus you have to follow a certain branch in the tree. you dont seem to get that. people came to america before columbus did, back before Jesus came, why wasnt that mentioned? like I said, the bible talks about what is important for man to have eternal life with Christ and it only mentions the generations that would lead up to christ, and the prophetsof God that follow thereafter.

How did dinosaurs end up inside rocks that are millions of years old if they were rescued by Noah 6000 years ago? Did he travel back in time before humans even existed?

the bible says that God made everything in SIX days, that would include dinosaurs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join