It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Arc and Dinosaurs???

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
so people like Hovind are stupid just because they are creationists and anyone who believes in evolution are the smart ones and actually get credit for making assumptions and claims even though many of them are known to be false?

No, people like Hovind are not stupid, they are just the intellectual equivalent of forgers. Religion is not something that should be imposed on anyone or anything, but people like Hovind like to trumpet their views in the hope that enough people will believe them. The sad thing is that too many people listen to them because they want to think that their religion is what it says on the wrapper, that it contains all the answers and that anything else that says otherwise is wrong, false, all lies. Hovind's CV is, just for the record, somewhat economical with the truth itself.
If you want to live your life as it is set out in the Bible then that's fine, go ahead. Frankly I think that large chunks are contradictory, but hey what else would you expect from something that was written in bits by a lot of people over a long time to explain things that they didn't understand? What gets my goat is when people try and hold the bible up as a text book to explain the world, that it is all literally true. It's a snap shot of a bronze age people. It's not even a very informative snap shot at times, as it lacks certain information. The Hitittes are mentioned what, a handful of times? Not even close to being comprehensive. But some people do believe, deeply, that it is. And what annoys me even more is when those people try and enforce their views on the rest of us.

The Theory of Evolution has been around now for almost 150 years. In that time it has come under attack from all sides for religious reasons. The fact that it still, pardon the pun, evolving and growing is a testament to the fact that it has not been scientifically disproved.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Watch Back In Black with Louis Black, its Evolution Scmevolution Week on the Daily Show. It includes some segments with Hovind and Ken Ham.

www.comedycentral.com...

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
christians will probably start bitching and moaning that all people can do is make fun of their religion to try and disprove it.

i think that video 'back in black' is a very good look at christian propoganda.

'of pandas and people' altogether 135 pages are their supposed evidence toward there being ID, which is put together from many people's ideas and help from others. 135 pages! that's about the same size as a magazine! pathetic!

'origin of species' over 430 pages written by charles darwin himself.

now if christians want to base their hopes on a few works called 'of pandas and people' of 'd is for dinosaur' then be it. but if you want to read an actual 'book' with something that isn't bible BS propoganda then pick up a copy of origin of species.

now back to the 'making fun of christianity' part. well it wouldn't be 'funny' if it wasn't for people saying the grand canyon was carved during a world wide flood, or writing books like 'of pandas and people' or 'd is for dinosaur'. of having people call themselves 'dr.hovind' when he's got a degree from the patriot bible university. it's plain and simple propoganda that is backed up by no evidence whatsoever. that's why it is so laughable.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In the stones of Ica in Peru tells of dino were used for warfare and hunting also struggling and hunting with a variety of monster that resemble brontosaurs Tricertops Stegasaurs and Pterodactyls
surprisingly human being are portrayed as having domesticated animals that appear to be dinosaus and using them for trasportion and warfare.
i got this info on truth be known website that is Acharya S's Mysteries of the world

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Inc stones of Peru portray humans hunting and struggling with the big dinos like brontasaurs tricertops

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Daytripper

can you post a reference?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daytripper

Sorry but your Ica stones are nothing but fakes perpetuated by the doctor who started the Engraved Stones Museum in Ica. Many people have attested that they themselves had faked some carvings and sold them to the doctor.

G

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i believe noah would of taken dinos. it says in the bible noah took 2 of every animal.. so why do you disclude dinos? i believe they would of been extinct because the flood changed the climate, most likely cooling it down and this new climate was too drastic for the dinos to adapt to. I feel there is alot of other animals that have become extinct aswell because of this... who knos maybe flying horses were real

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually Noah took seven couples of clean animals (and birds), and two of everything else. So, were Dinosaurs clean or not? That is the pressing question. Or maybe Noah had a U-Haul trailer on the back of the Ark for the Dinosaurs, and it broke off somewhere near Alabama. That would explain a lot. :-P

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The real argument is, was the Bible written by God or by men?

Additionally, was it meant to portray specific real events or to describe analogous histories?

Since the Christians who support the "Word of God" will never relent, this thread is pointless.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

So how did pigs make it??

"Save all the bacon for me - it's my favorite!" - Yahweh.

This whole thing is completely ridiculous...unless the ark had Jurassic-Park-style DNA test tubes stored rack-by-rack in this ship. They could conceivably store what would appear to be every race on the Earth.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Of course not. We all know that. Heck even christians know that.

On a side not, I think sunday school is evil. so much indoctrination. Thank god it didn't work on me!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What does my nut is the amount of atheists who thank God for things. But there's nothing else you can say!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
reply to post by dave420

This whole thing is completely ridiculous...unless the ark had Jurassic-Park-style DNA test tubes stored rack-by-rack in this ship. They could conceivably store what would appear to be every race on the Earth.

It might not be too far off from the truth. Some people actually think that the Noah's Ark was really a spaceship that stored all DNAs in it. That would be more plausible. Look at today. We have the technology to do that.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

It might not be too far off from the truth. Some people actually think that the Noah's Ark was really a spaceship that stored all DNAs in it. That would be more plausible. Look at today. We have the technology to do that.

Deaf Alien, I totally agree with your assessment. Whether we can agree that Bible is the word of God, or Man.. we can all agree on one thing. "History repeats itself" and that message may point to we as a species, blasting our own DNA lifeboat to mars and see what survives there. Would this be playing God, or preserving our existence? I think it is built into our nature.

Perhaps NOAH is a symbolic reference to NOAA, and they know what their mission is... They just have not fulfilled their responsibility yet.

The Ark is the symbol for the rocket, and is this lifeboat would contain a
varied sample of humans, animal dna and seed. Ambitious goal huh? But
very doable.

I would volunteer for the black hole mission... not skeerd.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Life Form

um my friend i think yoiu are forgetting about one very important thing. it is a widely known creature called the pterodactyl (sound: teridactyl) and um IT CAN FLY!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join