It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Arc and Dinosaurs???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Dbrandt,

Above you cited xome information about an MIT professor and his beliefs that science outweighed creationism in competition with evolution or other theories. Now, being that I know that you have no idea why he thinks that, I want you to go ahead and show us the science that proves his point of veiw.

On your own, why don't you show us why. Be prepared to defend your points of views. Although you will simply just deny everything that you disagree with...i guess thats your defense.

There is no evidence anywhere that supports creationism in any way. No evidence at all supports your silly bible. Your bible cant even agree with itself let alone science. But, once again you will deny it. It must be nice living in the foolish blind and idiotic paradise that you live in. Not ever having to think rationally on your own....so nice.....

This attitude is going to really win someone over. No wonder people want to believe in other things. If beliefs such as your own makes you such a mean spirited person, then why believe in it?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by dbrandt
While it probably won't matter to some it could to others. Before the flood the temperature ,climate of the earth was consistent all over the planet thus animals of all kinds probably lived all over the planet.
And you come about this revelation from where?

From the Bible. You cannot read it once and think you can't get more out of it. You read and study and search and think and research what it says.
There was a ring of water around the earth before the flood that made the earth like a greenhouse. Also the continents were connected and God divided them during or after the flood.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
According to the bible. Have any reality based books saying this? Have anything without giants, zombies, magicians, and with science, facts, reality, saying this?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandtFrom the Bible. You cannot read it once and think you can't get more out of it. You read and study and search and think and research what it says.
There was a ring of water around the earth before the flood that made the earth like a greenhouse. Also the continents were connected and God divided them during or after the flood.

You might want to look at some other creationist sites. www.answersingenesis.com points out that those arguments aren't Biblical and have been proven wrong many times. Dr. Dino's been taken to task by many (many!) of his bretheren for making things up and making the creationists' case much more difficult because of those false interpretations.

(you may not be aware of it, but the arguments you're citing are from Dr. Dino.)

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
According to the bible. Have any reality based books saying this? Have anything without giants, zombies, magicians, and with science, facts, reality, saying this?

havent you ever heard of the theory of continential drift, pangea, and plate techtonics?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ring of water around the earth-Genesis 1:6-7
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament form the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Land mass all in one place-Genesis 1:9
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes, I have heard of that, but dbrandt is using the bible to explain something. Again, have something based on facts, reality, science, something that doesn't have some invisbale being raining frogs on cities for not worshipping it on the right day or for eating pork.

He is saying that god did it, when science tells us that science did it. Reality, science, facts, or bible? What am I going to believe?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dbrandt,

Ring of water huh? I guess it is your opinion that god blocked the gravity that the amount of water needed to flood the earth would have affecting the moon. I also suppose, as others have pointed out, that the compacted earth was uncompacted by god so that it wasn't all rock. Furthermore I suppose, that god magically made the water go "poof" and disapear.

You are one of those.....if god didn't place the earth exactly the way he did folks huh? Since you rely on the bible so much, tell me. Does god tempt? How about this one (oh and this is good too). Does god punish us for the sins of those who preced us. Why don't you take a look at what your book tells us all. Give me one answer for each.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ok..the whole earth was not covered..but much of what we live on today was covered...
i live in newyork state..near vermont and mass.state...i live 1200 feet in elevation and 3 hours from the ocean...i can show you places on the hillside,where you can find old seashells etc...the ocean did cover the area i live in..once upon a time..i dont need a bible or a scientist to prove that..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
I guess it is your opinion that god blocked the gravity that the amount of water needed to flood the earth would have affecting the moon. Furthermore I suppose, that god magically made the water go "poof" and disapear.

Since God made gravity He can do what He wants with it. It would be my belief that the water ring was part of the rain that fell during the flood and as such disappeared then removing the greenhouse effect it produced before the flood.

God has made scientific properties such as gravity and uses them for His purposes. But since He made these things He can also alter them. When Christ ascended after His resurrection gravity had no effect on Him.

I think I finally understand part of where you are coming from. First of all you don't believe in the God of the Bible, but even if you did, you have too small of an idea of who He is. God is an AWESOME GOD, not some god who can be manipulated by man and completely understood by us. He is responsible for creation, all of it and is in control of it. Man cannot at this point in time imagine just how AWESOME He is. Although a christian can comprehend more about Him than a nonchristian we still don't grasp His fullness.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a friend of mine is a doctor of geology for new york state..and he can tell you how the land we live on here in the usa was once where africa is..the earth is alive and well..the plates do drift..
eeeeeeeeeeek,hope i am not here when they do..the ground will become liquid like...what we see before us will not be as solid as our perception allows us to see..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
to say a christian can comprehend god more so than a non christian is pretty lame..for everyone lives with in the same external illusion for thosands of years now..

i know that some of us who do not choose to follow a religion or a science etc..can understand much more so than any lable you use.

and what is with this HE BUSINESS that right there proves to me.that you have not a clue other than what has been forced down your throats

the real understanding is beyond the words we use.and also beyond the physics our science allows to see.

hope you dont hink i am atticking anyone i am not..
just trying to wake up the world in my own way.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
to say a christian can comprehend god more so than a non christian is pretty lame..for everyone lives with in the same external illusion for thosands of years now..

i

I'm talking about the comprehending the God of the Bible. And this means in general.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
oh then we are not really talking about god then..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
God says there was water above the sky. So be it.

Does this mean it was a fog or haze? Does this mean it was in orbit around the earth? Does this mean it was a large amount? No.

We know it wasnt a fog because there would be no point for the moon and stars (being for signs and seasons).
Before long age evolutionists (as opposed to real scientists) ever said there was a pangea, the bible already told us.
Before historians and scientists figured out that Iraq was the craddle of civilzation, the bible already told us.
Before historians and explorers found tales of a world wide flood from every corner of the earth, the bible already told us.
Before scientists ever found oceanic fossils atop Mt Everest, the bible told us that it was once under the sea.

Basically we all believe almost entirely the same thing. Its just a matter of timing and source. I say God, 6000 years ago, and you say ( insert here).

Fitting all the animals into the ark is really not much of a task considering its size. You neednt have adult animals. Also, in the same manner that bears hibernate, what was to stop the Lord from doing this with all that were on the ark?
What is the minimum that an animal or person can eat and drink and remain alive for a year?
Much of the reason for the dinosaurs not being alive today is because of man and the changed climate.
Man always wipes out the animals that are predators or are simply scary.

seapeople... do you already have answers for the questions you asked dbrant?
If so, what does it have to do with the topic? curious?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well the main problem is that you guys are speculating on behalve of a lord without a single acceptable piece of shipwreck to show for it.

We have boardmembers posting about underground cities of Reptillians, but again , their claims don't seem to grow past the fetal stage: stories, speculations, assumptions, referrences to snake-gods in pictures and scriptures, but not a single lizzard catched and again the same wishfull interpretation of scriptures and ad-hoc explanations to try cover inconsistencies.

what I would like to know is, did Noah also save the Reptillians, or did the Reptillians give him shelter in their underground cities ???

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Noahs ark has nothing to do with dinosaurs. Why? because dinosaurs were wiped out 65 million years ago!

Why does this thread exist?

Are people really so stupid that they believe that dinosaurs and men lived at the same time? That shells appear on hills due to massive floods?

I am amazed and appalled at the fact this is discussed!
Dinoasurs died a long time ago while Noah never existed.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

if their was a global flood they strata would get mixed up like it is (dinosaures at bottom human at top) because dinosaur bones are bigger and heavier

Trust no one,
Think about that with any other object. A tiny rock would sink just as easily as a big rock, and a small piece of foam would float just as easily as a big piece. The same goes for bones.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would have to disagree with the mention of dinosaurs not being on noahs ark.
I believe in the bible and I take it all by faith.

The bible mentions dinosaurs 19 times. except it doesnt say dinosaurs, the bible referes to them as dragons. Dinosaurs used to be called dragons. and they are many legends about people killing dragons. now if dinosaurs died off millions of years ago before man even came on the earth, you have two problems according to the bible.

1. that is saying that death came before mans sin.
2. all those legends are now false.

Im not saying your wrong. im just saying that I strongly disagree.
any quesitons, please let me know.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Size may not have been an issue if the only the young ones were taken on the ark. The animals would not have required as much food as their parents.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join