It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has caused the Psoriasis epidemic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I spent two years in agony, ten physicians (nine of whom were dermatologists) and all the tests on earth. The pain was so bad, I was starting to wish I weren't alive. Who cured it, and how? A high school grad's response, a chlorinated pool and Head and Shoulders.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Have your nephew join the online National Psoriasis Foundation and creep through the alternative medicine area. You are looking for a thread titled the Glycerin Hypothesis. I have had this disease close to 30 years and it can and does take a toll mentally on a person. It is not a fungus. It is a response to inflammation.

Over the counter glycerin and epson salts are the two main ingredients he'll need. Small bottles of vegetable glycerin can be found at Wallyworld but they are so small. I buy it by the half gallon through Amazon. Epson salt can be purchased cheap there or at a dollar store. Some people order the epson salt in a brine. It's costly and no more effective than the cheap stuff.

The glycerin softens the plaque's allowing the salts to penetrate. He doesn't need a whole lot of bath water to soak. He should be able to turn side to side covering half his body at a time.

Get in the tub, wet everything and apply the glycerin (which is a skin protector and labeled as such). Run your water ( I prefer mine as hot as I can stand it) add around 2 cups of the epson salt. Try and let the glycerin work for 10 or 15 minutes before soaking. Do it everyday. He should see results fairly quick. He'll need to re-evaluate once his healing starts. He may be able to back off to every other day, every few days, once a week, etc.

I am a diabetic and anything on me is super slow to heal. I have found the softer you can make your soaking water, the better results one can achieve. I add two more ingredients to my routine. One is regular hair conditioner. It can be the cheapest stuff or the most expensive. I use whatever I happen to buy. This week I'm using Joico, next week it could be Pantene. I put it on after the glycerin, let it rest, then do my soak. The other ingredient I use is Dead Sea Salts. Anyone with psoriasis knows visiting the Dead Sea can throw a person into remission. Some people don't have time or the funds to do that. I order mine off Amazon and go the cheapest route possible cause they are pricey.

Epson salts are a must (every day). Dead sea salts are a luxury. Unlike the epson salts, the dead sea salts make my water super, super soft. For myself it's a no brainer to use. Good luck and God bless!
edit on 3-5-2019 by Myrtales Instinct because: spelling

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Those bugs were around since the dawn of man the same as people having casual sexual relations, so you really can't pick an era or a generation as being worse than another.

But you can point to specific eras where the moral and social conventions of the time, along with an expanded population, made it worse than other times. The original question was basically, "why is there such a big psoriasis problem these days?" I don't really think we can blame those lusty Romans.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I just wanted to reply to the comment made by Myrtales Instinct, namely using glycerin. Homemade soap actually creates glycerin. This is what makes homemade soap different to commercial soaps as well as all the added chemicals.

Commercial soaps actually have the glycerin taken out of them and onsold to put into moisturisers. You can look it up. Glycerin is amazing. It softens and moisturisers the skin and you probably won't need a moisturiser if you use homemade soap.

Cold process soap (this means the soap needs 6 weeks before it can be used and it's not cooked) can often show "gylcerin rivers". Often this isn't aesthetically pleasing, but the soap is still good. And it shows that oils+sodium hydroxide = soap+glycerin. Hot process soap still creates gylcerin.

I'm not just saying this to harp on about what worked for me. You can go to YouTube, look up a very basic soaping video, there's one with olive oil and sodium hydroxide. That's it. You can add other oils to it and if you do use the lye calculator "Soap Calc". Don't be afraid of lye. Just use gloves, eye protection and don't breathe it in.

I'm the type of person who would always be scratching. I think some of the 'cleansers' that are used in commercial soaps and shampoos were causing me to react. If you'd like to try homemade soaps, there is a huge amount of home crafters. You can post on Facebook or look on Etsy for an all natural soap. If you do decide to make it from home, start simple and small. That way if you stuff it up, you haven't wasted too many oils. Stay away from coconut oil for the time being.

Also, it might pay for your nephew to read "Wheat Belly". Wheat causes my hands to swell, rashes to pop up and I have the antibodies for hashimoto's because wheat causes inflammation and immune troubles. This is an excerpt from his website:

"Of course, as I introduced these strategies, I also watched people lose extraordinary amounts of weight, look and feel better, reverse diabetes, reverse autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, reverse skin rashes like eczema and psoriasis, obtain freedom from acid reflux and irritable bowel symptoms, improve their emotional health, enjoy better sleep, reverse depression, obtain relief from migraine headaches, etc.–all the lessons I now talk about in Wheat Belly conversations. But, with the flood of wonderful experiences that continue to come into the Wheat Belly Facebook page, the Wheat Belly Blog, and elsewhere, it is sometimes easy to forget: this whole collection of life- and health-changing revelations began with efforts to stamp out heart attacks and coronary heart disease . . . and it works. It works big time. And it’s incredibly easy, while providing an astounding range of improvements in overall health."
www.wheatbellyblog.com...

You've probably already discovered your nephew hasn't found any easy answers. It's so easy to slip up and use a body wash, eat the wrong thing, or stress about something that can't be changed. It can feel like a constant battle and you forget your body is on the line. Continue to be a kind uncle.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Psoriasis is a Vitamin C Deficiency! If you haven't read the epic threads here on Vitamin C you'll want to dig in right away.

Start with this thread:
Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You AND Why The USDA is Wrong
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one that started it all!

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Coal Tar Shampoo will make it worse!!!

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What a treasure trove of info!!.. A sincere thank you to you all!!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
when the Obama administration approved the chicken pox vaccination for adults who have never had it, I got one as I had never had the chicken pox. Not only did I get the chicken pox as an adult but less than three months later, I also started getting patches of psoriasis on various parts of my body which I had never had any symptoms prior. No alcohol, caffeine or tobacco and no one in my family history has ever had psoriasis. Possible link? I think so.
I use pure Shea butter on mine and it not only helps the itching and irritation but the healing time is much faster in comparison to the OTC remedies.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join