It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has caused the Psoriasis epidemic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
Big Pharma seems to have a cure for everything they've caused. I have noticed that I cant watch TV for 20 minutes without seeing a beautiful way to clear Psoriasis. This hits home with me, my 24 year old nephew has Severe plaque Psoriasis. Not just a rash here or there.. He is completely covered in plaque. We are close, and he has confided in me to keep the severity of his condition somewhat private. He's trusted me since he was 13 and I realized he was Homosexual before he did. All that aside.. I love the kid..heart of gold. I wont pretend to know what he is going through but, any suggestions would help. He's been to a dermatologist and prescribed topical solutions. He has also had blood work done to check for hepatitis and since been prescribed Otezla, It's getting worse...

It's in the creases of his ears, up and down his arms and legs and now starting to form on his scalp.

I have read that Alcohol stress and cigarettes are severe antagonists however, he doesn't drink or smoke. Stress is a certainty.

1. Does anyone know how to contain this?

2. WTF have they done to us to cause what I would call an epidemic?

Illegal Immigration . Foreign Nationals bringing in and Spreading Diseases into the Country Covertly .

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Not only was that some good info I has a few good laughs, Good stuff

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
Big Pharma seems to have a cure for everything they've caused. I have noticed that I cant watch TV for 20 minutes without seeing a beautiful way to clear Psoriasis. This hits home with me, my 24 year old nephew has Severe plaque Psoriasis. Not just a rash here or there.. He is completely covered in plaque. We are close, and he has confided in me to keep the severity of his condition somewhat private. He's trusted me since he was 13 and I realized he was Homosexual before he did. All that aside.. I love the kid..heart of gold. I wont pretend to know what he is going through but, any suggestions would help. He's been to a dermatologist and prescribed topical solutions. He has also had blood work done to check for hepatitis and since been prescribed Otezla, It's getting worse...

It's in the creases of his ears, up and down his arms and legs and now starting to form on his scalp.

I have read that Alcohol stress and cigarettes are severe antagonists however, he doesn't drink or smoke. Stress is a certainty.

1. Does anyone know how to contain this?

2. WTF have they done to us to cause what I would call an epidemic?

There are a few things worth trying which helped my skin:

Cut out the 'four Cs', which are Citrus, Caffeine, Chocolate, Cheese. Limit milk and soya as well. No wine, I think it's the sulphites in it that affects skin.

Take very high dosage vitamin C as Calcium or Magnesium Ascorbate, around 3000 milligrams daily (quarter teaspoon of the pure stuff) in water every day, preferably one dose and alongside vitamin D3 (not D2!), taken orally, as drops or a mouth spray if possible.

use magnesium oil spray and/or magnesium salt baths

sun rather than no sun

pay big attention to type of facewash you use. There is very little I can use on my face without getting a bad reaction and I've tested a LOT. Currently I am safest with REN Rosa Centiflora facewash or the face scrub of same range. I can't use moisurising cream easily on my face but I can use their Vita Mineral Omega 3 oil. I swear to G I am NOT a REN representative and don't get the same benefits from their other products.

For body I use plain natural oil like almond, peach kernel, whatever, even high grade olive or coconut oil. You might also find you can use coconut oil on your face, but make sure it's cold pressed solid coconut oil.

If you are in a hardwater zone get a vitamin C shower filter.

pay attention to the shampoo you are using and focus on scalp rather than hair.

Drink a lot of water.

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I think it had more to do about the sun than saltwater.
I have had severe plaque Psoriasis since my late teens. My mother has it.
Psoriasis cases are the few times Doctors will call on getting more sun.
Special tanning beds work too. I used a tanning bed one summer for about 2 months and it cleared up for years.
Stay away from steroids like prednisone if at all possible as this will cause flare ups.
limit intake of tomato paste foods.

These are all things I have found helpful in controlling it without immune system reducers like Otrexup, Rasuvo, and Trexall.

hope that helps

Same advice, sun and tanning worked.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I just realized...he has lived within 5 miles, of a long controversial chemical plant by the Niagara River that just recently closed, His entire life

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Humor, man. If I couldn't laugh at myself I'd end up in a hole crying at the unfairness of it all. I'm much better now that I've stumbled onto those two products I mentioned. Truth be told it's probably a combination of misplacing the last f
I have to give about it, losing all that weight, and the stress relief of the aforementioned taboo.

@Nyiah try that hippie soap I mentioned. My girlfriend swears by it when her skin is really angry. She gets the rosacea butterfly that you describe too.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

In my video that dr Berg mentioned that people with Psoriasis have a big shortage of D3 because it's gut related. Many fat soluble vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K have a hard time getting 'absorbed' with a a leaky guy and a cause for Psoriasis and other auto immune conditions where your body attacks in this case your skin.

So when you get in the sun you get vitamine D3 (allot) (with enough skin exposure) which is hard if you don't get much outside especially in the winter and so on and with this skin condition many again have a big shortage of D3.

So you can also use D3 supplements like 10.000 IU D3 daily but also take K2 MK7 100mcg (for a few months). D3 = 20x increase of absorption of calcium but calcium can build up in your blood vessels as plague (higher blood pressure and so on). With vitamine K2 mk7 calcium doesn't build up in your blood vessels but in your bones & teeth (where they should go)s so always take D3 + K2 mk7.
And of course l-glutamine as mentioned in that video for healing your gut (after the healing those fat soluble vitamins can get absorbed much better again) so you don't have to take supplements anymore.. (although in the winter months D3 + k2 is still good!).
Basically the inside of your Intestines is skin as well and when you get a problem there you get problems/conditions elsewhere..

I don't have this condition, but I drank some time (for a few years) a bit too much alcohol (&then I had severe eczema) and noticed that my stools where a bit fatty&loose (close to diarrhea) where it's hard to flush them, so I bet it's pretty similar that a problem with your Intestines/gut where small parts of whatever you eat can leak and cause problems elsewhere in my case eczema.

For me just cutting alcohol pretty much eliminated my eczema.. I had some extreme eczema for a time almost on my whole body!
I also didn't shower every day, only once a week and just used a washcloth for washing (without soap of course), which also helped some.
edit on 29-4-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Baby boomers have been carrying around a truck load of viruses ever since the old disco days, and now they're finally starting to manifest. And they're all coming back stronger than ever.

But what are you going to do? In this life, you're either a participant or an observer. Either way you get bugs.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior
@Nyiah try that hippie soap I mentioned. My girlfriend swears by it when her skin is really angry. She gets the rosacea butterfly that you describe too.

I've seen Dr Bronners stuff in Target, I think I'll pick up a bottle next time we're over that way. I wonder if t's the soap type, or the peppermint in it that helps? I'm germinating spearmint and peppermint seeds for teas (one of my kids is a tea freak) I wonder if down the road at leaf harvest time a simple rinse with steeped leaves would be as helpful?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Too many Psoriasis commercials..
Probably because, for the first time, there are very effective treatments available.
My ex had severe psoriasis, really severe. She's just about totally clear now and has been for 10 years.

edit on 4/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't know Phage. Glad to hear the Ex is cleared up but, big pharma doesn't put this much effort into advertising unless their is a high demand. I would have to assume more people have a need for the stuff their selling. Gonna go with foul play here.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Gonna go with foul play here.
In lieu of any statistical evidence, sure why not?

Oh, wait:

When stratifying the sample by race among those between ages 20 and 59 years, the psoriasis prevalence was highest in Caucasians at 3.6% (95% CI 2.7%-4.4%),

The prevalence of psoriasis among US adults has not changed significantly since 2003 to 2004 (P > .05).

www.sciencedirect.com...

1981:

A representative random sample comprising approximately 4000 Danes, 16-99 years old, were questioned as to present or previous psoriasis eruption by non-medical, professional interviewers. Based on the information obtained, the point prevalence for men was 4.2%, for women 3.3%. 88% of those who believed themselves to be suffering from psoriasis stated that they had been treated by doctors for psoriasis and 71% by dermatologists and/or dermatological departments. The difference found between men and women is not statistically significant.

europepmc.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Sure if you trust scientists...They've never an oh # moment and covered it up. I blame it on the estrogen laden plastic we have been drinking out of for 20 years, and Bigfoot and of course chem trails and Nazi Yetis.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I remember commercials about "the heartbreak of psoriasis" when I was a kid. My mom got mad at me for joking about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

OBJECTIVES: To analyse trends in the prevalence of psoriasis over the past 30 years, separating age, birth cohort and time period effects. METHODS: Five population-based surveys in North Norway, the Tromsø Studies 2-6, collected between 1979 and 2008, were studied. Participants aged 20-79 years with self-reported psoriasis data in at least one of the surveys were included, yielding a total of 69,539 observations from 33,387 unique individuals born between 1915 and 1977. Trends in psoriasis prevalence were examined using cross-sectional, time lag and longitudinal designs of graphical plots. Observed trends were further evaluated in generalized linear-regression

RESULTS: The self-reported lifetime prevalence of psoriasis increased from 4·8% in 1979-1980 to 11·4% in 2007-2008. Graphical plots showed an increasing prevalence of psoriasis with each consecutive survey in all examined age groups and birth cohorts, leaving time period effects as the explanation for the increase. The odds for psoriasis in the cohort were 2·5 times higher in 2007-2008 than in 1979-1980 (adjusted odds ratio 2·49, 95% confidence interval 2·08-2·99). The prevalence of persons reporting a doctor's diagnosis of psoriasis was 9·9% in the last survey. In subgroups of the study population, psoriasis was associated with higher body mass index, lower physical activity during work and leisure time, lower educational level and smoking.

CONCLUSIONS: Our findings indicate an increasing prevalence of self-reported psoriasis. This could represent a true increase in prevalence, possibly due to changes in lifestyle and environmental factors, or an increased awareness of the disease.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Medicine has evolved, that's good. I see the "Conclusions" above as rather important. We may not know why reported cases have increased, lifestyle, environmental factors, or an increased awareness of the disease, but they have and is that our doing..I don't believe it is. We didn't ask for a Burger King on every corner, we didn't ask for our air to be compromised by big industry and the lax enforcement of our environmental raping. Sure people will get sick this is life but, the cash now earth/health people later certainly had a helping hand in making us this way.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Odd, the self reported incidence in that Tromso study is significantly higher than other studies in other locations, 11.4%. Perhaps there's a genetic factor.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I would think genetics play a role in the likeness of contracting most medical conditions. I really don't know, not very well versed in this area. I know vitamin D3 and the proper treatment of your liver play a large role in this, something most Western New Yorkers care nothing about.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I wish I could point the blame somewhere, this just seems to be sporadic.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Has he tried using coconut oil as a topical agent? Give this a try but make sure to get pure coconut oil, the refined coconut oil is not as effective.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

My ex got some relief from sun bathing and swimming in the ocean. But stress seemed to be the major influence for her. Not surprising that a day at the beach would offer some relief.

But, as I said, the new meds are quite spectacular.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join