It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Says Migrants are Stranded In Mexico. Sends Half-Million Dollars to Help Them.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MisterSpock

a reply to: MisterSpock

The article says the $500,000 was donated to Catholic charities that are assisting the migrants.

Word play, it's more like reallocation than donation.

They just took some of the money they've "consolidated" and reallocated it back to the region they've taken it from, in order to help subvert a nations sovereignty.

Oh...a financial shell game! Good point.

In that case, the Pope could have sent $50 million, and it would just be a drop in the bucket, compared to how much money Mexican Catholics donate to the church. Cheapskate Pope. Tisk..tisk..tisk.

Obviously, the gesture was meant to only be symbolic, not to actually help anyone. It's nothing more than buzz words for the global media to paint a pretty picture with while inflicting no actual change.

The same advisors must be giving advice to the Vatican and the Democrats here at home. Multi-national spin experts.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
And, does or government even respond? Is Trump tweeting? Are they afraid of upsetting the Catholics in the US? This would normally be considered helping our enemies. Nothing?

As MisterSpock pointed out, the Vatican is merely returning a little money back to the Catholic organizations in Mexico that send millions of dollars to the Vatican every month.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What could go wrong...? Let's see how well that goes off.... $5.00 apiece ?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Infant Jesus, his mother Mary and Saint Joseph were refugee's fleeing the massacre of the infant's, they fled into another, richer nation called Egypt.

So GOD know's what it is for his child, himself as a child to be without, to be cast out and to be hated in a foreign land were there was no friendly face, to be without enough to eat or wear or even shelter, even on the night of his birth he his mother had to bring him into the world in a stable because all the room's at the inn were taken AND he had no crib but instead was lain in a manger.

Jesus said "As 'YOU' treat the least of these so too do you treat 'ME' ", "if 'YOU' have two coat's and your brother (which we find can mean your neighbor) has non then give unto him the one you are NOT using".

The Pope is acting like a Christian which after all is what he is supposed to be, it may upset some people's wrong thinking and vile right wing anti christian/fake christian agenda's but it remain's the duty of christian's to care for the poor and the destitute if they can, if they have enough to share themselves - and for a country that put's the worlds "In God We Trust" on it's currency it is beyond hypocritical not to care for the poor.

The pope's action on this is correct, will that money do what he want's it to though, well that is all down to the link's on the chain and how corrupt or corrupt they are at the end of the day.

Now do not get me wrong, no one want's criminal's and murderers to enter there home and Jesus even said "Do not cast your pearl before Swine" but many of these people are innocent, fleeing poverty and suffering while the swine are the one's that prey upon them like vultures.

So how do you sift the chaff from the wheat?.

Well Jesus said this. (quoting from this web page biblehub.com... )

For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while there is still a beam in your own eye?

For a NATION OF MIGRANT'S many of whom were criminal's, rapists, murderer's and worse fleeing sometime's with wealth they had stolen and from punishment for other crime's and hiding among the mass of innocent and decent people whom were merely trying to get to a new country were they had heard that they could have a better life it is pure hypocrisy to say the same of other's when in fact your own ancestors (As a nation and no insult to your own personal ancestors whom I assume were among the good people) were absolutely no better than them - and what is more have less ancestral claim to the very land upon which most of you live today as in fact these people have a greater percentage of native american ancestry?.

The Pope is merely doing what a pope is supposed to do, being a Christian leader trying to look after his flock and work charity elsewhere, when was the last time you saw Trump or Putin kiss some despot's feet to try to sow peace, I like the guy and historically there are many time's the largest denomination on earth could have done with such a guy, the Irish Potato famine for one were rather than selling the food grown on there land or charging rent to starving tenant's the Irish Catholic church (which owned most of the land in Ireland at the time had it instead been under his tenure and he been there then would have not charged starving tenant's rent and would not have sold the produce abroad but rather would have done as Joseph did and given from it's storehouses during the time of famine (instead of blaming the English for everything)).

People are people, try to see thing's from the perspective of these poor soul's, imagine you were one of the woman trying to get across the border so your kid's could at least have food on the table and cloth's on there back's and risking rape, forced prostitution and worse as well as being used as a drug mule by the trafficking gang's just so that your kid's would live past there first birthday.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Pinto beans on sale 😎

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Actually, $6.66 each.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Actually, $6.66 each.

and you know the implications of that.....

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

The Pope of The Catholic Church is giving the people 666.

Sounds legit...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank-you for the thoughtful and thorough explanation of Pope Francis's motives.

To borrow a teaching of Jesus, the Pope should send resources that enable these migrants to learn how to "fish" (obtain a job), instead of giving them a few "fish". Wouldn't that be a better long-term strategy?

If the migrants are assisted with becoming employable in Mexico, they can tithe to the Catholic church, in appreciation.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
No no no..
If Jesus appeared in the Vatican, he would be kicking over tables of those money hoarding, robe wearing, gold staff a-holes! (The kicking tables over is in that KJB also)
If he was that concerned he would send his fleet of Leer Jets and airliners to pick them up and take them into his “Palace”. I have faith and believe, and it’s not behind any palace walls or priest where I find him/her. It’s all within you and others, and you have to beware of evil criminals who may pose as scared fleeing migrants.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Odd... I had thought that Christians were taught to obey the laws of the land.

Or was that whole "Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's" thing a biblical misprint?

And why does the left always conflate legal immigration (or just immigration) with illegal immigration?

Show me the immigration laws that the first settlers broke?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Who did he donate the money to?

He donated it to some "laundromat" no doubt.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

As for your quote,
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”
Since he’s the one casting blame, shouldn’t that be turned right around on the Vatican and the Pope himself?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I wonder how the money is going to be going to help these people. Will someone overcharge the vatican to get rich, giving a quarter of the money benefit to the people who need it?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A fake pope sending faux currency to fake migrants. Maybe numbnuts could spend its time better, trying to fix the problems in the countries these alleged migrants are coming from? Our is that just too sensible?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Actually, $6.66 each.

Good analysis!
It's trending: twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

edit on 29-4-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

The important thing is that they're no longer "fleeing for their life" from some dangerous threat at home.

Any proof to that statement? What are the "some dangerous threats"?

I know things can be rough in these countries but I've yet to see anyone present any proof that the people pouring in are actually in the situation they say they are. Things are bad in Watts , South Central LA, Southside Chicago, Harlem, etc.....I don't hear about them fleeing to Canada. All of these countries they're coming from have cities that are better than our worst cities in the US. Not refuting what you're saying Care, its just that I've heard nothing but here-say about the ACTUAL locations, conditions and problems the "refugees" are fleeing, it's not being reported, just generalized.

Do any members of the forum have this info? If so, can you please share?

He was definitely being sarcastic

And no, not one single member has one shred of that info because it doesn’t exist.
These fake ‘refugees’ are most definitely NOT ‘fleeing’ from anything whatsoever.

It’s an economic migration where people have got their hands held out in front of them and are headed for the nearest welfare-state country.
They’ve been lied to by an agenda-driven group and have been supported by the libtarded. So they falsely believe they’re going to gain entry into the USA and be given free money and housing, for life.

They’re not.

As for the Pope? Half a million dollars? Ha ha haaaaaa. That’s just adding insult.

These economic migrants are not going to be granted asylum. They’re going back where they came from (with ZERO free bus rides, they’ll actually have to walk this time, that will be a serious shock) with not one single dollar in their pockets.
Unless they want to stay in Mexico. As immigrants. IF they’re allowed to. Then that’ll save them the walk back home.

Good try Soros, fail.
edit on 29 4 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: mtnshredder

The important thing is that they're no longer "fleeing for their life" from some dangerous threat at home.

Any proof to that statement? What are the "some dangerous threats"?

I know things can be rough in these countries but I've yet to see anyone present any proof that the people pouring in are actually in the situation they say they are. Things are bad in Watts , South Central LA, Southside Chicago, Harlem, etc.....I don't hear about them fleeing to Canada. All of these countries they're coming from have cities that are better than our worst cities in the US. Not refuting what you're saying Care, its just that I've heard nothing but here-say about the ACTUAL locations, conditions and problems the "refugees" are fleeing, it's not being reported, just generalized.

Do any members of the forum have this info? If so, can you please share?

He was definitely being sarcastic

And no, not one single member has one shred of that info because it doesn’t exist.
These fake ‘refugees’ are most definitely NOT ‘fleeing’ from anything whatsoever.

It’s an economic migration where people have got their hands held out in front of them and are headed for the nearest welfare-state country.
They’ve been lied to by an agenda-driven group and have been supported by the libtarded. So they falsely believe they’re going to gain entry into the USA and be given free money and housing, for life.

They’re not.

As for the Pope? Half a million dollars? Ha ha haaaaaa. That’s just adding insult.

These economic migrants are not going to be granted asylum. They’re going back where they came from (with ZERO free bus rides, they’ll actually have to walk this time, that will be a serious shock) with not one single dollar in their pockets.
Unless they want to stay in Mexico. As immigrants. IF they’re allowed to. Then that’ll save them the walk back home.

Good try Soros, fail.

Yes, you're right, thanks for the correction, missed the quotation emphasis, it's late. I thought that was a lil out of character for Mr. Carebear. LOL

I'm curious though, you hear nothing about where, what or who they're actually "fleeing", just generalizations.

edit on 29-4-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I had thought you more literate, I suggest you do some research into the European settlement of north america from an independent perspective rather than one based on making heroes out of murderers and thieves such as Custer.
historynewsnetwork.org...

The majority of European settlers were completely innocent but when a government lays claim to territory it does NOT own then promises that territory to new migrant's while calling the indigenous settled people whose land they are freely giving away even though they do not own it animal's and savages to justify this theft and forceful disinheritance, well you can understand the mechanism and as for law's they broke well try every single tribal law of the native NATION's whom had lived there for countless generations, fought there own wars and established there own territory's long before only for a technologically more sophisticated society to then come from half the world away and steal there land AND there lives from them.

There are few crimes in human history as vile as the massacre of entire races of man, entire nations there history's wiped out, there monument's destroyed and even there ruin's ignored or claimed to be built by yet someone else as if those native people were somehow not even human.

They even made handles for there knives from the bone's of the native people's as if they were animal's or something and in some cases used there skin for other uses and all the while calling the natives the savages.

Only the Mongol's were nearly as bad and they only killed perhaps a fifth at most of what the Europeans did when they took the Americas and of course Axis powers then perhaps killed a quarter as many overall which would include all death's through the war caused by there aggression.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join