It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of America if we don't wake up, fleeing high taxes including the US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Illinois is a perfect example of what is going to happen to the US if we don't wake up!

www.illinoispolicy.org...

The data also reveal Illinois is shedding migrants who are in the labor force and seeking a job, while attracting migrants who are less likely to be labor force participants.

This article uses the word "migrants" which are actually Americans in this scenario. It also uses the word "shedding" which often has a negative connotation, but in this case they are losing something VERY valuable.

Basically what this very long article and many charts and graphs say is this; If you tax people to death they will leave and go to lower taxed areas. It is happening all over the country. Clear as day, people are fleeing high taxed areas to places with low taxes (or perceived low taxes).

Right now this is happening within the borders of the US. If the US as a whole continues the way of Illinois, I do not doubt for one second that people will start to move to other countries.

That one quote I put at the top says it all, you lose workers, and gain people that don't work, you are in trouble. Why is this so hard for so many
(cough cough liberals) to understand.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hah, we need to build a wall around Illinois

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Illinois is a perfect example of what is going to happen to the US if we don't wake up!

www.illinoispolicy.org...

The data also reveal Illinois is shedding migrants who are in the labor force and seeking a job, while attracting migrants who are less likely to be labor force participants.

This article uses the word "migrants" which are actually Americans in this scenario. It also uses the word "shedding" which often has a negative connotation, but in this case they are losing something VERY valuable.

Basically what this very long article and many charts and graphs say is this; If you tax people to death they will leave and go to lower taxed areas. It is happening all over the country. Clear as day, people are fleeing high taxed areas to places with low taxes (or perceived low taxes).

Right now this is happening within the borders of the US. If the US as a whole continues the way of Illinois, I do not doubt for one second that people will start to move to other countries.

That one quote I put at the top says it all, you lose workers, and gain people that don't work, you are in trouble. Why is this so hard for so many
(cough cough liberals) to understand.

Ok find me one of those low tax areas or Republican states that doesn't need federal money to pay their budgets.

The truth is most places with low taxes are not actually paying their overhead.

Now we waste plenty and I am personally against income tax but let's get real.

Liberal cities by in large pay into the federal tax system.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Good gravy, if it keeps up, they will have to start taxing the poor!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My personal belief is income shouldn't be taxed. We should incentivise working. Not discourage it.

I am in favor of irs and entitlement sector going away and having a VAT tax only or a flat tax with a ubi as the social safety net.

Get rid of beurcratic anchors and just use simple formulas to collect tax and distribute the safety net. No irs. No caseworkers no Medicare etc. Control the medical industry from fraud and price fixing and leave it an open market. Give everyone a ubi no strings attached so those that are having trouble after losing a job dont have to grovel for help or pretend they have injuries so you can get retrained without losing benefits.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I've had migrant friends back in the day come up to work 8 or so months on their green cards...then went back home in Columbia where that union wage made them wealthy in their country...

We have migrants living and working at the local veg. farms near Ann Arbor, Mi....and we need those workers.

I think we lump all "visitors", "documented foreign" workers, "migrants", "immigrants" and "refugees" or "asylum seekers"...together as 1.

Without our migrant workers...many agriculture- financial systems would make a single tomato cost $5....

The "illegals"? Yeah...come in the right way....and asylum seekers? Fine...but vet them out 1st as best we can....
edit on 24-4-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

How about make a VAT tax stop income tax and let anyone who wants to work work. Then create a ubi and only Americans can get it.

The problem arises when "illegals"(a very modern concept) take from the system without returning to the system.

My grandfather went back and forth all the time to Canada and the US wherever work was. Why in the world do we want to discourage work is beyond me

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Not only do the people flee the high tax areas, but the businesses that provide the jobs to pay those taxes leave as well. It's to bad the Democrats still don't realize this. Obama thought a magic wand was necessary to bring jobs back, but Trump showed him all it took was common sense.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Not only do the people flee the high tax areas, but the businesses that provide the jobs to pay those taxes leave as well. It's to bad the Democrats still don't realize this. Obama thought a magic wand was necessary to bring jobs back, but Trump showed him all it took was common sense.

Yes you are absolutely correct. Not necessarily this article, but that site (Illinois policy) in general talks about it a lot. There are many stories about business owners leaving the state. It is actually pretty sad. Some have been there for generations and are now finally throwing in the towel.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

My personal belief is income shouldn't be taxed. We should incentivise working. Not discourage it.

Ten thousand stars for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES YES YES! I grew up in a country that was high tax, and then if you worked overtime they taxed even more.
It makes no sense at all. Guess what happened with that country? Zero development!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yes you are absolutely correct. Not necessarily this article, but that site (Illinois policy) in general talks about it a lot. There are many stories about business owners leaving the state. It is actually pretty sad. Some have been there for generations and are now finally throwing in the towel.

This is not correct. Businesses are not leaving California in fact its growth outpaces the US. NYC?

And how about the low tax areas requiring my federal tax dollars support their budget shortfalls?

PS I am all for the lowest taxes possible. I am not however for lowering taxes without balancing the budget out. If you do the research you will find low tax conservative states need more federal assistance for budget shortfalls and states like California provide a surplus of federal taxes.

So basically sanfran is paying for mobile to have low taxes because they cant balance their budget with the revenue they collect.
edit on 24-4-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

This is not correct. Businesses are not leaving California in fact its growth outpaces the US. NYC?

And how about the low tax areas requiring my federal tax dollars support their budget shortfalls?

California is probably not at the level of Illinois... yet, but just wait and see!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

California is probably not at the level of Illinois... yet, but just wait and see!

California is far above with taxes.

What you don't seem to get is the deficit most of the low tax areas create. A budget deficit is tax through inflation.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

States ranked by fiscal responsibility linked below.

Fiscal responsibility is a term related to government spending and taxation. The WealthHow article below will elaborate on what fiscal responsibility actually means.

Fiscal Responsibility definition

State Fiscal Rankings

California is ranked # 42 out of 50 for fiscal responsibility
edit on 24-4-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What you don't seem to get is the deficit most of the low tax areas create. A budget deficit is tax through inflation.

Try again

www.mercatus.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Fiscal responsibility is a term related to government spending and taxation. The WealthHow article below will elaborate on what fiscal responsibility actually means.

State Fiscal Rankings

States by federal aid.

taxfoundation.org...

Sure when you count the federal money thi gas look different. Let's take Massachusetts. They are required to balance the budget and dont require federal aid but end up in your list.

This is because the federal aid is figured into your examples budgets already.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Try again

www.mercatus.org...

taxfoundation.org...

Your list includes the massive federal aid packages.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

State Fiscal Rankings

Californians alone pay more federal taxes than the 25 lowest-paying states combined

www.money-rates.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

wallethub.com...

Pretty clear in this list.

So sure some states create their own deficits but they also pay in more than they take.

Then other states dont raise taxes to pay for their budgets they just rely on federal aid and Grant's.
edit on 24-4-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Try again

www.mercatus.org...

taxfoundation.org...

Your list includes the massive federal aid packages.

Explain Washington State and Florida.
Which btw, are two states that people are gaining population....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join