It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else thinks Star Wars is dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Does anyone else thinks Star Wars is dead?

First of all Last Jedi sucked and made no sense. Carrie Fisher is gone, so obviously letting here character live kind of screwed things up especially giving her force knowledge. For anyone liking the Force Awakens. That movie is dumb too. The way the starkiller base planet fires the laser cannon makes absolutely no sense at all. Especially how it splits up to destroy multiple planets instead of just one. I'm like WTH is this shhh. Making Storm troopers do Nazi hand sign is idiotic. Even the original Death star makes way more sense. It can hyper jump next to a planet and blow it up.

Basically when they brought it back, they didn't even bother to do expanded universe. Instead tried to remake the three trilogy as a sequel. I have a feeling episode 9 is going to be garbage anyways. Solo story kind of sucked. Star Wars should have continue Rogue One story like they plan to do a trilogy because that was the only good one that continued the series. Until they decide to kill it off by killing all the characters. Rogue one even has a better battle scene compare to the new trilogy right now.
edit on 20-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It was always the bargain bin scifi show compared to Star Trek.

Is it dead? I don't know.....Was it ever alive?

Sorry, I'm contractually obligated to deride that franchise, plus Shatner made me pinky swear.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Sorry, I'm contractually obligated to deride that franchise, plus Shatner made me pinky swear.

I rather watch the new Star Trek movies. They are so much better and more original. Also hope they continue Blade Runner third installment.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

I rather watch the new Star Trek movies. They are so much better and more original. Also hope they continue Blade Runner third installment.

Both franchises have moved into the same "retirement" home for old tv/movie series'.

What CBS has done with new star trek is ridiculous. I hate to sound like an average youtube "detractor", but thank god for seth. Orville is the reincarnation of classic good trek(I, like seth i believe, am a TNG boy).

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I want to see the Jedi unearth a Stargate... it activates, and SG-1 steps through.

SG-1, the free Jaffa, and the Tokra assist in bringing down the First Order, using information from the Asgard computer core.

The First Order drops like a fat kid on a see-saw. Series over.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Random thought just popped into my head, re bringing back good scifi.

I would like to see a, successful, sequel to fifth element.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think Star Trek and Star Wars are dead as far as movies and TV shoes go, but perhaps they will live on in literature and video games. Anything Disney gets its dirty, money grubbing hands on is destroyed.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Just like Sci-fi channel removing all the good Sci-fi TV shows.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Can we shoehorn in some Battlestars and Cylons for good measure? Or maybe have Dr. Who show up and deactivate the next Death Star-like super weapon with a sonic screwdriver?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think Star Trek and Star Wars are dead as far as movies and TV shoes go, but perhaps they will live on in literature and video games. Anything Disney gets its dirty, money grubbing hands on is destroyed.

It's not just disney, it's all the big studios that are stacked full of reeing "artists" that want to use any and every outlet to push their agenda.

Doctor who is in the dumpster too.

I don't forsee any of them being righted anytime soon. Which is odd, because it's not hard. Just focus on making it good.....not making everything into a heavy handed overt message(films/tv always had subtle political/social messages).
edit on 20-4-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It died the moment Disney purchased the franchise. I despise Disney, my 8 year old hasnt seen anything they make.
edit on 20-4-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Can we shoehorn in some Battlestars and Cylons for good measure? Or maybe have Dr. Who show up and deactivate the next Death Star-like super weapon with a sonic screwdriver?

Only if Barbarella and H.R. Puffenstuff get cameos.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

I was going to say throw flash gordon in there....but white male and all that.

No way could he be shown in a positive light.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ya, never trust Disney. They use to have an awesome video game industry and they destroyed it. Could you image Disney running Warner Bros. No more Warner Bros. video games such as batman and Mortal Kombat.
Fox killed themselves too by selling out to Disney.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Give him the SJW update. Flash Gordon sounds very homo-erotic. He could easily become Flasher Gordon and acquire a POC boyfriend who is far more powerful than he is. Perhaps the Bird King guy ...
edit on 20-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Sid and Marty Croft/G. Lucas/S.Speilberg collaboration. This just screams out "Oscar" nominations galore.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: Metallicus

Ya, never trust Disney. They use to have an awesome video game industry and they destroyed it. Could you image Disney running Warner Bros. No more Warner Bros. video games such as batman and Mortal Kombat.
Fox killed themselves too by selling out to Disney.

How long have they let EA hold the Star Wars license despite a lack of good video games?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It was always the bargain bin scifi show compared to Star Trek....

I always that Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon, and Battlestar Galactica were the B squad, with Star Wars, Star Trek, and Dune heading up the Varsity.
But opinions vary and mine are never very popular.

I am not a fan of the newer Star Wars films.
The current Star Trek is ok, but doesnt surpass the Next Generation movies IMO.

I'll take all of it before the Ice Pirates again.
Geez what a letdown lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Technically original Battlefront is from a LucasArts a separate company which was bought by Disney and shut down. The very reason why Star wars 1313 wasn't released. EA got the rights. At least it isn't as bad as Disney holding the license(cause even Disney shut down their own gaming company).

I just found this new game googling.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Do NOT diss Ice Pirates! That was the best B movie ever!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join