It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else thinks Star Wars is dead?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Battlestar Galatica. Cylon's conquer the humans and enslave earth. In expanding they find the Star Wars empire. They invade the empire. That in turn forces the Empire to make deals with the Rebel Empire they join and kick Cylon arse. Rebel Empire is given Earth as prize. Come to Earth, repopulate. Everything gets really boring after that. People start making Cylons because they are bored. They start taking over again. They even figure out how to use the "force". Then the machines to be unbeatable, but the humans discover a mushroom on the moon that once eaten gives God like powers. They send multicast message throughout the universe that blocks cylons from "the force". Game over again cylons! you will never win...or will they?

blah

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry for the late reply, have an ear infection so I am in a little bit of pain and slightly grumpy.

I have not seen the Mandelorian but all the Mandalorian stuff I have read paint's them as a warrior race with an almost samurai like code of honor which I suppose would make Bobba Fett kind of an evil Ronin in space.

I like the Idea of it, to be fair though the one person I always wanted to see a star wars movie made by was Spielberg, he had the same kind of cinematic eye as Lucas had and Indeed as he and Lucas are friends' I do wonder just how much of Spielberg we actually saw without ever knowing it, perhaps indirectly, in the original trilogy.
In fact there is a rumor that Lucas actually wanted Spielberg to direct a movie for him but I think given his reputation He was a bit too picky and probably not keen on the script's he was shown.

And you are right there is a lot about my comment that can be picked apart, sorry I am not on good form at the moment, a sore ear, stone deaf in it and a headache for several day's so probably going to book an appointment with my doctor in a day or so if it does not clear up.

Also I did not hate the movies, I liked them but was disappointed as they should have and definitely could have been so much better, the plot however I did not like one bit - though even that I liked but it was a poor successor to the star wars franchise, if there is a new trilogy then perhaps Disney can yet redeem themselves but we shall have to wait and see.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

On the topic of Spielberg it’s long been suspected that he may have “ghost directed” the final duel between Anakin and Obi Wan at the end of RoTS. Never confirmed but it’s one of those enduring myths on the fandom.

Hope you feel better soon
edit on 21-4-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap
Stick a fork in it. Its done.

The first films were pretty good, by they got about half way in what was supposed to be a grand story line space opera. And after that they were like, what now? Oh how about a funny talking alien creature "meza no good at plot, umm I'z a bumped into a somthing" And Lucas was like, Good idea bro, we can make half the screen time about him.

And from there, they just ran out of ideas, and ran out of ideas. Till the next episode.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Until EA and Disney has their Star Wars license taken away, it’s dead to me.

Just my two cents. Is it dead for all?

That crying guy seemed pretty enthused, lol

edit on 22-4-2019 by RandomPerson because: Changed a word to a different word.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

So what about fallen order

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I’m....hesitant to put my faith in it. Sounds too good to be true, but I hope it is. However, EA has a terrible track record. Maybe this will mark the beginning of a transition towards the light side

edit on 22-4-2019 by RandomPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Does anyone else thinks Star Wars is dead?

It was dead after the original trilogy, after Return of the Jedi.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Enjoyed the original 3 films, good to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon. The 3 prequals where utterly awful imo. The force awakens was a pretty good film but the last jedi was hard to watch and had so many cringe moments that I refuse to watch it a second time. Think I'll pass on the new one when it's released.

The old video games where amazing and I quite enjoyed battlefront when it came out. Tried battlefront 2 but it was soon sold.

The franchise is just now a cash cow for Disney and lacks any of the magic that made the original films appealing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join