It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame Fire Investigation Started From A Priori Assumptions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The speed at which the cause was determined to be an accident suggests to me it was terrorism.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

In September 2016 a car bomb next to the cathedral was defused. In February 2017 arrests were made of people plotting to attack the cathedral*. So far in 2019 churches across France have been vandalizes including arson**.

Notre Dame Cathedral has been in state of repair/revitalization/rebuilding/etc for most of it's existence. It seems peculiar that at almost no time during all that work such a devastating fire broke out. Especially during the days of torches and candle light.

Yet, the smoke has not even cleared and we are rolling with "accident". Why not go with "undetermined" until such time as it's...determined?

I can say, it's easy to see why the French government and their EU landlords would want to avoid any hint of malfeasance.

* en.wikipedia.org...
** www.newsweek.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

A water reservoir, covered with a lead roof, is located between the two towers, behind the colonnade and the gallery and in front of the nave and the pignon. It can be used to quickly extinguish a fire.

The above few lines can be found just above iconography on ;

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

In case you don't know:

16 Historic Statues Removed From Notre-Dame Cathedral 4 Days Before Fire

Is this the French version of training operations coincidentally happening the day of a major catastrophic event?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Phage
I would agree blaming the fire on an intentional act at this point is as speculative as saying it wasn't.

Precisely. I'm not looking to point the finger at anyone as culpable, but I am pointing a big ol' fat finger at the folks who have a priori decided it's just a big boo-boo.
:
edit on 2019 4 16 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The speed at which the cause was determined to be an accident suggests to me it was terrorism.

Precisely. The old Shakespearean adage, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks," clearly applies here. You go shouting one thing before it needs to be shouted, I'm gonna doubt what you're shouting.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

only linked - because exclent BDA gallery of pics documenting the aftermath

TL : DR - france got off lucky

ETA - gallerly link

yup - its farce book - bite me
edit on 17-4-2019 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The fire was an act of Terrorism, we all know who did it.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: 3n19m470

Exactly! This is all just a big misunderstanding! The alarm went off, but the people trained for such things in the Nation with some of the most valuable real estate on Earth just couldn't find the fire.

So, you think it was inside job, then. Not a Muslim extremist or terrorist group. Probably just some priests looking for an insurance payoff.

Notre Dame is not insured.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Aliens? The Illuminati? Cthulhu?

Who? Tell me, I don't know.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

cthulhu does not play with fire

cthugha on the other hand - and fire vampires

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Solid point. Maybe it was my pal Lucy.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'll tell you who it isn't, it's not Aliens, it's not the Illuminati, it's not the Cthulhu (lol), and it's not the Muslims or even Rick Astley.

So who's left?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: 3n19m470

Exactly! This is all just a big misunderstanding! The alarm went off, but the people trained for such things in the Nation with some of the most valuable real estate on Earth just couldn't find the fire.

So, you think it was inside job, then. Not a Muslim extremist or terrorist group. Probably just some priests looking for an insurance payoff.

Notre Dame is not insured.

Some of the art was insured by Lloyd's of London. Some of it was insured by Swiss Re.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'll tell you who it isn't, it's not Aliens, it's not the Illuminati, it's not the Cthulhu (lol), and it's not the Muslims or even Rick Astley.

So who's left?

Dammit! Rick Astley was my next choice. I honestly don't know who you're implying.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Pretty funny you think the absence of 'taking' credit is despositive of causation.

Maybe not dispositive, but certainly something to be considered - especially considering the ones most likely to have done this if it was intentional usually like to take credit for these kinds of things.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So who's left?

The Illuminati, Reptilians, Rapscallions, Russians, Anarchists, Athiests, Scientologists, Stanists, Protestants, Nigel Farage, TheJesuit, Macron, Keith Flint's Ghost, Trump, Puff the Magic Dragon? Hang on, it wasn't me was it?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: mekhanics

In case you don't know:

16 Historic Statues Removed From Notre-Dame Cathedral 4 Days Before Fire

Is this the French version of training operations coincidentally happening the day of a major catastrophic event?

No that's the French version of preserving your treasured artifacts while renovation work is being carried out. You wouldn't believe how common this is!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

dont exonerate rick astley just yet - he gave us a very specific and comprehensive list of things he would never do - and guess what ?

" burn you down " - was NEVER mentioned

co-incidence ???????????????????? i think not

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Then I was right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join