It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fine Feathered Dinosaur

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I still catch myself picturing dinosaurs as creatures with reptillian skin, how about you? The reality is that nearly all dinosaur species had feathers.

They looked like this,

It's easy to see how they ended up like this,

and this,

as this happened so relatively quickly post dinosaurs,

Our understanding of human evolution gives us a glimpse of how quickly evolution works as mutation and development on a theme if the "winepress" of survival says yeah, it's good and works better than the last version. Even our software keeps doing that. That is evolving too. The programs I am using today makes the ones I was using just five years ago seem so basic and unfit for purpose - same program, but vastly evolved. Nature is constantly updating everything, literally everything. There is no standing still. That is a 100% non deviating law of physics.

Do you think us homo sapiens are still evolving? Of course we are. We have not stopped. My own observation tells me that the caucasian Europeans are the most endangered on the planet as we enter a period of global warming with all its dreadful consequences. It will push our coping mechanisms to the limit I think. I see the first signs of our demise. That is why I believe the Europeans are the most endangered of the homo sapiens. It is they who are the true minority in the world. I have a lot to say about this, almost as a warning message.

It is believed that dinosaurs feathers and later bird feathers came from bristles that evolved out of scales. Even some fish have developed scales that are like wings almost and serve the same purpose (flying fish species). It was obviously a mutation that worked well. Anything that gives a survival edge or looks attractive and encourages procreation wins every time. What is most attractive to a woman though if she has to chose? Is it the guy who looks like a dream or the guy who has status? I would say that in a tough environment the guys who is best at fighting off foes, other potential mates and being a good hunter beats Mr Hot Guy, when push comes to shove. Even I at this late stage of the game have bristles on my face as a reminder of those same bristles that evolved from the scales after the scales got updated by mutations that benefitted terrestrial survival in the dry and the Sun.

I have spent many years now thinking about evolution, observing and tracing us back to origins in all areas. I have stitched us together big time and it all make sense. There are no "versions" about this, only the "version" which is the truth of origins. All of it has to make sense together or it will not make sense at all. Darwin presented us with a model that makes it all make sense. Genetics makes total sense next to it. In our lives, even before we become procreatively active (only recently did we allow ourselves the luxury of an extended childhood as we used to procreate pretty much as soon as a girl began menstruating - with a year's grace in certain more civilized tribes), we have been exposed to enough disturbance of our DNA for it to deviate very slightly from what was passed to us from parents. Nature don't clone, remember that. We are not copies. We are exposed to environmental disturbers: the natural chemistry of our food: How much we go in the water and see the Sun, the kind of "partner in crime" we choose, the amount of radiation in the atmosphere and other elements - even from meteor dust to volcanic activity and so much more. Background radiation will fluctuate according to Solar activity too. There will be times when mutation happens in a similar way with many in a single tribe, flock or collective as they are all exposed to the same variables at pretty much the same time. That helps evolution as there is often the same mutation with others and that is how a better version meets other better versions as alphas.

The dinosaurs did not become extinct. The birds are here and so are the reptiles. They just went different ways. They evolved into mammals, birds and reptiles. I think the mutations inherited the earth as the meek because the giants could not cope. The mammals, the birds and reptiles inherited the earth as the meek with their most worrying predators wiped out the world became theirs. They flourished and continued evolution.

The evidence seems to point at the dinosaurs disappearing at the same time universally, in a very short space of time yet life was able to go on. Whatever happened was not a total cataclysm as the mutations they gave rise to are them in another variant, out of the same DNA and species ancestors.

Interestingly, I always considered background radiation as perhaps the most powerful mutator of DNA. I was just reading this,

Ancient DNA has so far been recovered from permafrost, as well as from subfossils - bones or body parts that have not yet fossilised. But DNA is vulnerable and breaks down rapidly. Sunlight has negative effects and water can also accelerate deterioration. Modern contamination is also a problem. DNA has to be handled under strictly controlled conditions. Currently the oldest DNA to have been found is around one million years old, although it is possibly younger. DNA 66 times older would have to be found to get to the age of dinosaurs.

These guys seem to agree! Here is an interesting article about the end of the dinosaurs,

www.nhm.ac.uk...

So kids, we better stay relevant, keep having juniors and make sure the mutating doesn't go beyond a point. It's plenty even without all the modern day exposure to toxins. Lord knows what we are doing to ourselves and our DNA with all the exposure to our chemical tamperings. Every dinosaur has their day. Caucasians, when we consider our rapidly deteriorating numbers, global warming and the competition from humans desparately moving away from the equator, are a very threatened kind of metaphorical "Neanderthal" of sorts. The usual areas where life was easier because its warmer and less rain are being ravaged by violence, poverty, war and corruption because its too hot now and there is not enough food growing. It is resource based desperation. All the factors conspire together to keep our world changing. Evolution and nature are one giant conspiracy and every species is a cyptozoological specimen, here today but gone tomorrow, unless they keep sharp and keep evolving.

Never stand still. Even as I get older I never stand mentally still. No ideology is sacred. No tradition is worth sacrificing your continuation and vitality for. In the old days the genetic mad professors of eugenics would have been barbaric and cruel with their recommendations. Just the opposite is true. Welfare, health, diversity, accurate and integral RELEVANT politics, social structures that are procreation friendly, healthy interests and lifestyles, healthy morality, gender equality, (true equality, not the vile men hating kind that destroys), good housing, positive people all make a success story. Ghettos will only drag us down. Ghettos destroy even the richest in the finish. The ghetto is the enemy of all civilization. They should not exist.

edit on 14-4-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777
Never stand still. Even as I get older I never stand mentally still. No ideology is sacred.

I'm curious would you ever change your dogma about there are no sacred ideologies?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The MSM???

All media is vital. It is the way we communicate collectively. If media stops communicating, loses relevance and instead manipulates it is being one of the worst offenders against our survival. If media is wrong it will be a fly in the ointment and make everything else wrong too. Get your act together, MSM, or you will pay the price and be the next giant dinosaur extinct by the asteroid of the digital age.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nope!

Jesus is all I bother with that way. It is not ideology. It is like He is the ultimate Shaman. I can't beat Him on any account. In the competition He walks the floor with me in the perception arena and in terms of lasting relevance. The Bible is an evolutionary wonder. It is metaphorical. Jesus spoke in metaphors and so does His Father. The Creation story is a metaphor. The Fall is all metaphor. We are spoken to in riddles by Prophets, in a sense. I don't regard it as an ideology because even I am evolving it into the modern age. We all are who believe it has something valuable to teach us in this digital age. It is human communication through the ages to what I believe has a source in another dimension as does all Creation. We have not been left alone. We may choose to believe we have been, but we have never been left alone.

Jesus even picked up on the "Winepress" of evolution and the constant "meek inheriting the earth". It really does work that way every time. Complacency kills as much as an asteroid in the finish.

Dogmas and ideologies hold us still. They may at the time seem to be G-D's gift, but life constantly changes and they begin to hold everything back. They trap life in a prison then evolution suffocates and chokes. Our present condition and state is cut off from the fountain of endless mutation (endless IMAGINATION) and change. Yes, mutation is endless. We see that by the diversity nature produces.

We put evolution in jail at our peril. Through art comes evolution too. That is why we must always be careful never to jail art. Art must be free because it is a primary tool of human evolution. Art is evolutionarily sacred.

This is all vital stuff we neeed to be thinking about in the new age. Martx, for example, is very useful. His writing is still very important. His political ideology is dead and rendered irrelevant yet he still teaches us. He even predicted the destruction of the Middle Class "Bourgeois" by its own hand. If you read "The Communist Manifesto" you will see where he says that. The caucasian Middle Class is the most at threat minority I can think of next to the indigenous people. Marx predicted it as a political outcome because of its own politics. They will take the whole of caucasian Europe with them, too, that's the problem. Our fates are entwined. Marx said so and so do I. That's not ideology, it is observation.

Ghettos and poverty are a total drain on resources. The bigger poverty the bigger the becessary aid to combat it. Poverty breeds war, violence and abuse. Poverty breeds corruption. It is created by corruption and abuse. It is in its nature. Don't let it exist in the first place. Attention to detail and care for the whole PYRAMID is in order if you wanna keep that TOP STEP. No building can stand on crumbling and ignored foundations. We need a roof and a floor to make a house that will stand.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A

Apparently this is one nasty lil feathered critter not to be messed with. Up to four inch claws that will kill in one blow they say. A guy in Fla.was killed by one yesterday.

A large, flightless bird, similar to an emu and native to both Australia and New Guinea, killed its owner when the man fell down on his property in Florida, authorities said Saturday.

According to The Associated Press, the Alachua County Fire Rescue Department told The Gainesville Sun that a cassowary killed the man Friday on land near Gainesville, likely using its exceedingly long claws. The victim's name was not released, but reports said he was apparently breeding the animals.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
A

Apparently this is one nasty lil feathered critter not to be messed with. Up to four inch claws that will kill in one blow they say. A guy in Fla.was killed by one yesterday.

A large, flightless bird, similar to an emu and native to both Australia and New Guinea, killed its owner when the man fell down on his property in Florida, authorities said Saturday.

According to The Associated Press, the Alachua County Fire Rescue Department told The Gainesville Sun that a cassowary killed the man Friday on land near Gainesville, likely using its exceedingly long claws. The victim's name was not released, but reports said he was apparently breeding the animals.

www.foxnews.com...

May I say, off topic I guess. Not the first time this bird has killed or maimed.

See one in the bush then place yourself in a safe position and be prepared for a fight. They are quick and have reserves of energy. You can't outrun them. Try to imagine a fighting rooster. Cassowary's are like that. If you can climb a tree, go for it.

They can be distracted and lose interest at moments. Once safe, just don't move for a while while the bird walks away. Not common but Cassowary attacks cause fatal or serious injuries. They are a mean bird. Male emu can act similar when protecting eggs or young.

Ancient birds. So I guess to be on topic they may be similar to ancient reptiles.

My thoughts,

bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Ah Australia mate , even the birds can kill you . Or the fish or the .......

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

Somehow the vision of a Rex covered in feathers doesn't seem so frightening , well up to the point your being eaten i guess .

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Ah Australia mate , even the birds can kill you . Or the fish or the .......

Melioidosis will,

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Somehow the vision of a Rex covered in feathers doesn't seem so frightening , well up to the point your being eaten i guess .

Well, I haven't heard that the Cassowary eats you. It's just a territorial bird. The remains are taken up by goanna, crows, meat ants and the Aussie Blowie maggots.

bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Melioidosis will,

Isn't that the wet season one , mud and all .

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

An important afterthought:

Marx's glory is not in the Communism he and Engels invented. His glory is as a political analyzer to teach a lesson through the ages. He shows how the Middle Class hold nearly all of the power of success and failure. The very rich and the working class are in the position where they must respond to the success and failure of this class and must win or lose according to the success of the ones doing all the actual board walking and organizing. They are taking us to asteroid impact in terms of liberalism. It is a naive ideology that is totally not in the interests of its converts long term. It is instantly gratifying politics of lifestyle that will sacrifice itself for just one generation's consumer Utopia of choice. They have forgotten altogether about action and reaction, consequences and reaping without sowing. They reap the freedom of today without a care in the world for the next year's crop. If you have no seeds sown for next year you will have a barren field of last year's rotten stalks.

I think we need to completely develop our anthropological academia to audit and monitor us much less ignorantly than our curent just going at it like piggy in his cereal trough now we know there is a huge threat from global environmental change and our explosion of population in certain states is happening at the same time in some places, but in others not.

It is like the Europeans and North Americans are the ones who are being killed and genocided with kindness of resource, luxury, lifestyle and blindness to threat. Their own lifestyles are wiping them out and the much more virile and hardy people are replacing them, who are tough and used to things being harder. I am not even sure if it would be possible to turn this around by civilized politics alone. Hitler, trying to genocide by politics, failed totally miserably. This never was and never will be an option as it would backfire spectacularly every time, besides the humanitarian evil and barbarity of such futile applied political solutions.

Is it dying time, Deckard, for Roy and his clone friends? Is "Blade Runner" coming at us like a deluge of new state powers and all that goes along with competition? Is the tsunami Nemesis sucking back on our beach and will pounce on us this 21st Century?

Perhaps nature builds us up and knocks us down continually? Perhaps it is nature's way of letting us reach the top, enjoy the banquet and leave the banquet hall vacant as we depart to oblivion and as other "up and coming talents" fill the seats we once had reservations for?

I see all the behaviors at work that make evolutionary usurpation happen. It's nothing new. It has been happening as long as the universe has been happening. Even stars have to obey the laws of entropy and atrophy. The stars are indeed contiunually falling from the sky. Same laws apply to all manner of Lucifers, empires and civilizations. Most striking of all, guess what?...

The Bible says this in its own way. The Bible Prophets were experts on the continual "Rise" and Fall of this "Planet of the Apes", on Dr Moreau's Island of Beasts, in Dr Parnassus' Imaginarium. The Bible is a proven friend of this evolutionary thinker. There is no contradiction. I am not a strong person at all, only mentally and artistically - the only strengths I have. I am very delicate psychically and physically. I have no children. With me the story ends here in this generation. I hope it is not that same scenario for all of Western civilization? "Time will tell, who has fell and who's been left behind, when you go your way and I go mine". Thanks for that, Bob Dylan. See, evolution is at works even in Bob Dylan's words. I see it everywhere in all places, in all times. This is Darwin's significance and greatness that he formulated this consciousnesss and awareness in our civilization. This particular Lucifer civilization reached some dizzying heights, but still it is only the feet of an idol that must come tumbling down as its iron and clay crumbles under the burden of its former incarnations. One civilization evolves from another like a bird riding a crocodile's back. Should we just accept this inevitability or are we masters of our downfall and have it in our power to admonish and redeem ourselves? Should we let our richest use us as a "Boxer" work-horse on the wealth creation mill stone, then when the horse is for the knacker's yard they just buy a new one and carry on doing the same to that too? Marx was attemptping to address this confounded misery of continued servitudal status.

The wealthiest have no nation. They are beyond that. If one system fails because of the burden of hard-core usury capitalism there are others to exploit. There is no accountability or responsibility towards any kind of state loyalty so if it gets broken - just a broken toy to be thrown away. This is what has always bothered me about "Wild West" globalism. I fight it because I see it as its own worst enemy and least serving of its own converts in the finish, after it claims its last victim after the masses have long before been forsaken and usurped in the West.

Isaiah 14:12 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Right now a million words of diverse tongues and images from the whole of our creation just flooded my mind and they all speak like dry dinosaur bones the same rattling whisper through the marrowless tubes like a melancholy flute playing the tune of creation. It is not life and death really. It is inheritance and change. Should we fear that or have faith in it that life is on a journey and it was programmed to do all this? It is a force always wanting to express in the universe if it has an opportunity.

As we get older we can expand our consciousness and this is my favourite employment of all. How can wealth or status compare with this noble pursuit and the gold it brings? I marvel at the ever expanding dimension of perception. It is eternal too. I can never stop seeing further as imagination goes on forever with all its visions and opportunity for manifestation, just as Creation does. They are both exactly the same in power and nature. Human imagination is an evolutionary tool and so is our consciousness. Evolution and life itself is trying to fight a battle against the odds of its own extinction.

I am definitely a crytozoological specimen of evolution and so are you.

Marx, in usual atypical ideologist human vanity, thought he had found a way to help us evolve politically and socially. Instead, his id(e)ology (how close to the world "idology" it truly is verbally and in nature) was too idealistic to be practical in application and where it was clumsily half deployed proved to be a hideous stagnating suffocation of evolution. He put development in jail and tried to make life obey an ideology. How will something as crazily powerful, universal and omnipotent as evolution ever be caged? Life would end if that happened. Marx had his success and is a great political thinker, very useful for us to remember and keep passing down as long as he remains relevant. His purpose was beyond his own perception and time. Marx himself never killed anybody. All he did was to try and help humans out of their burdens and misery. He certainly did help a great deal as an academic asset.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Well, I haven't heard that the Cassowary eats you. It's just a territorial bird. The remains are taken up by goanna, crows, meat ants and the Aussie Blowie maggots.

bally

Lol, here is the story that inspired my thread. Seriously, this is what got me thinking about its dinosaur ancestors. How ironic is that?

www.theguardian.com...

Cassowary attack: giant bird kills owner in Florida after he fell Bird native to Australia and Papua New Guinea likely killed breeder with its long claws

That is today's news. These birds have daggers for toes. One kick can slice a human being open and did so on this occasion.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Huh .
edit on 14-4-2019 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Not surprising. Perhaps they have the brain of a reptile but not the appetite.

I wouldn't go near one in the wild but that's just me. Kinda like swimming with a crocodile.

Now bush turkeys, yum mate!

kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Melioidosis will,

Isn't that the wet season one , mud and all .

Yeah cobs, sometimes catches people in the 'wet' walking barefoot or with material type shoes. Can occur even in your own back yard. Similar to 'Dengi' (but that is insect virus). I used to spray my yard in Darwin on occasions when the run-off went through the backyard.

Stupid thing was, when I moved to where I am in NSW I contracted 'Barmah Forrest Virus'. No real protection against that. (MeThinks, WTF is that).

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Huh .

Yeah, kinda like breeding tigers, walking in and feeding them and wondering why are they attacking me. Poor man.

Bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Is it just me or do Feathered Dinosaurs seem more scary than naked one's ?

I was under the impression that radiation breaks DNA strands which is what causes the problems but perhaps it's the level of exposure that's key , although Astronaut Scott Kelly did have genetic mutations during his year in space and space is full of radiation.

Going to space also appeared to trigger a genetic shift in Mr. Kelly. Thousands of genes that were once quiet increased their activity — genes that remained quiet in Mark Kelly’s body back on Earth. The longer Scott Kelly stayed aloft, the greater the number of genes becoming active.

Some of the awakened genes are known to encode proteins that help fix damaged DNA. That would make sense, given that radiation levels in the International Space Station are higher than on Earth.

Christopher Mason, a geneticist at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York, estimated that Mr. Kelly was exposed to 48 times more radiation than the average exposure on Earth over the course of a year. His cells might have been busy repairing radiation injury.

A number of other activated genes, however, play roles in the immune system. What exactly triggers those changes isn’t clear.

It may be the overall stress of life in the space station provokes an immune response. But recent studies have also shown that latent viruses can awaken in astronauts.

Or maybe it’s that the immune system, which never evolved for survival in space, simply gets confused.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Almost ran over a flock of emus one time and in between the cursing and chaos I couldn't help but think just how much these large stupid animals looked like dinosaurs.

I vote we change the name from dinosaur to murder bird.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yeaaaaah, all those grade school books, and then Jurassic Park really did a number on our brains.

But, now that I know I really do find them to be more terrifying.

Imagining myself running from a 6 foot turkey with teeth through a small canyon trying to hide just to have another glide down in front of me?!

I believe this only makes then more capable and deadly as predators they truly ruled the planet far better then we ever have in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join