It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston College Student: Baby Who Survives Abortion Is Not a Baby

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not 100% convinced privatisation is the right answer either. Not that long ago, most people received a decent education, not sure what happened. I think you still get a good education in Canada, via the govt run system.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
HAWKINS: Do you think that children that are apprehended at the border that are in U.S. government care … do you think babies who are going to die should be resuscitated and given care?
PRO-CHOICE STUDENT: Yes
HAWKINS: Okay. Do you believe that a baby who is born alive during an abortion at Planned Parenthood should get care?
PRO-CHOICE STUDENT: No

I wonder what she would say to the question, what if a pregnant Mexican at the border has an abortion, and the baby survives and goes into detention, should it be cared for?

So complicated. Poor youth have these horribly ambiguous problems to solve.
edit on 4-11-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm not 100% convinced privatisation is the right answer either. Not that long ago, most people received a decent education, not sure what happened. I think you still get a good education in Canada, via the govt run system.

Allowing more options into the system would at least help toward finding a better answer.

As it is, the US dumps more money into its education system than any other 1st world nation and has crappier results, so what we're doing clearly isn't the answer.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I don't know, back in the day, kids were graded on performance, if it wasn't good enough, you failed and had to repeat the grade/course.
Now I think everyone gets a participation award and out the door. It leads to lazy thinking and the concept of entitlement, for showing up.
I think some kids have a hunger to learn and will strive for it. Others need a bit of work/nudge, and it's not happening..just a guess on my part.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

And again, it's one model, but in the system we have ... it's the only model.

More choice would allow for more models.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I hear you.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sorry crazy college student but the law says differently?? Once born live a baby is a baby regardless of how its born. Legally they have to be treated like any other baby would with similar medical conditions. Which means that if the the baby that is born with no abortion involved has such severe defects that it has little to no chance of survival without lifelong intensive life support can have their parents issue do not resucitate order or refuse the life support then so can the baby that was born alive because the doctor was so negligent he forgot to check and make sure the heart stopped beating before inducing labor.
And planned parenthood is no longer accepting any kind of compensation for fetal donations. Not that they were really making any money worth mentioning from it when they were.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

This is so true at my college as well. I am older but taking classes and also work there. It permeates everything. One of my classes in particular is heavily infested with this mindset. Most recently, people who are so wrapped up and offended when a chapter wasn't "politically correct" enough for them (it was written from the perspective of someone from the Soviet Bloc in the 60's) they take up class time to rant so everyone knows how 'morally superior' they are I suppose. It is very disturbing to hear some of their thought patterns. I also have been hearing whisperings of how, now, it's all 'old white people's fault". So, blame all of your imagined problems and heart rending personal sufferings on the fact that "old white people" vote I guess. If your over 50 and of a pale complexion, I beg you to be able to defend yourself in case of attack. Fortunately most older folks have common sense are much tougher than these people. It's unbelievable really. Generally, I used to "identify" as a liberal, but I am extremely conservative according to most at my school. I don't know how all this will end up but I can't see an amicable coexistence happening.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She believes a baby is not a baby because someone said so. I official declare that young lady an idiot. Now this matter is put to rest.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Can you go into finer detail? I mean they are in college and young. They are bound to break away from their conservative background and start thinking new things.

Im just curious what those radical ideas are.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yea but is that the majority of students and staff? I totally get not wanting your kid to go there. However, it seems like we as a society are starting to break in face of small minority protestors and extreme activists..

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There are no words. You can't cure stupid.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What a disgusting point of view....how anyone can support what the democratic party has become is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yea but is that the majority of students and staff? I totally get not wanting your kid to go there. However, it seems like we as a society are starting to break in face of small minority protestors and extreme activists..

You would think that. But their numbers are much larger.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You don't know what you're talking about. I went to a SUNY school, the campus IS a brainwashing center. Completely isolated from the outside world it is a social island.

All facility are outspokenly liberal and will teach their outlandish viewpoints to the student body. When you are in a place with like minded individuals, the extreme ideas feedback on eachother and create further extremist ideas. The students, who are all "artists" are emotionally weak and need anything to support themselves. They are tasting their first independence (and tabs of '___', which you will never get in trouble for)

The student body then governs itself and in their first taste of power destroy all opposition to their reinforced dogmatic viewpoint.

You don't need a classroom that's called "hate white men 101" just spend two months on campus when you're 19.

Once, a few folks from outside campus arrived to talk about abortion and they had a obvious pro life leaning. The students THREW crap at them, screamed curses and hate at them, a group of maybe 100 students surrounded them, maybe 3 people. They were viewed as animals by the students none of whom have guilt for the fear they caused those people.

a reply to: blueman12

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Typical moron thinking. The future is terrifying to me, but at least they might not breed MORE of their kind.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's pervasive. It goes hand in foot with an office of inclusivity and diversity on a campus. I posted Speech Guide at Amherst which is a manifestation of this. We all know about what happens at Berkeley when a conservative dares to think they might speak there. Michael Knowles came to UMKC to speak and someone tried to squirt him with bleach (or a bleach-like liquid) while he was on-stage in addition to protests. KU is offering an Angry White Male course.

There are stories about the crap going on at various colleges and universities all the time and it isn't just a few but different ones.

There are polls that show that conservatives and Christians actively hide who they are and what they think at college because they are afraid to let others know they are who and what they are.
edit on 15-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Can you go into finer detail? I mean they are in college and young. They are bound to break away from their conservative background and start thinking new things.

Im just curious what those radical ideas are.

Finer detail ... I'm trying to be polite about what happened but if you want details, okay
When young college age adults start calling their lesbian mother a racist homophobe because she voted for Trump ...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join