It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston College Student: Baby Who Survives Abortion Is Not a Baby

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: seeker1963

This is what our colleges have been up too since the 60's. Remember, back then one could say we as a country were family oriented? Now look. It seems everything is against that.

Do people really believe that all classes in college are, "Abortion is awesome 101, Selling baby organs 104, or White Males are Evil 204"?

A few people with far-left opinions is now the determination of all college kid's beliefs?

Believe whatever you guys want....

Liberal professors outnumber conservatives nearly 12 to 1, study finds

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I still support the right for a mother to get an abortion within a reasonable amount of time, such as the first trimester. For whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Forgoing all logic and reason to cling to an ideal.

Remember folks, these people vote.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Yea, but at least they prob won’t breed. That’s a frail sexless crowd if i’ve ever seen one.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Yea, but at least they prob won’t breed. That’s a frail sexless crowd if i’ve ever seen one.

In my experience, they tend to grow a little and want children later on so they can instill these same beliefs.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I watched the rest of that video and decided 11 minutes into it...
I need to seriously invest in the Binky companies and Prozac!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

This is what our colleges have been up too since the 60's. Remember, back then one could say we as a country were family oriented? Now look. It seems everything is against that.

Do people really believe that all classes in college are, "Abortion is awesome 101, Selling baby organs 104, or White Males are Evil 204"?

A few people with far-left opinions is now the determination of all college kid's beliefs?

Just sayin'

I believe it. There is a difference a liberal professor whose goal is to teach and develope minds, and a liberal professor who wants to push their beliefs.

For example, there is a difference between a professor who has students think and look at arguements such as how white male culture has affected schools of thought in u.s. history.
And another professor who pushes arguements as truth.

Liberal or conservative doesn't matter if a teacher is teaching properly.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Just sayin'

I believe it. There is a difference a liberal professor whose goal is to teach and develope minds, and a liberal professor who wants to push their beliefs.

For example, there is a difference between a professor who has students think and look at arguements such as how white male culture has affected schools of thought in u.s. history.
And another professor who pushes arguements as truth.

Liberal or conservative doesn't matter if a teacher is teaching properly.

Yes, but I had a raging lib prof as I explained whose job was to teach a class that was supposed to be a survey of US History Since 1867 (basically US history since the end of the Civil War), but he taught it from his perspective as a radical leftist black. So I get a narrow perspective on that history, not a general survey.

In that sense, the class was mistitled. I did not receive a general survey of US history. Instead I got a survey of the black experience in the US since 1867. Now, that class may or may not have merit on its own, but it wasn't the one I signed up for and paid to take or thought I was taking.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Better than the 16, 18, and 20 year olds who have kids outside of marriage, are on welfare and are often crappy parents.

I've seen plenty of 18-21 year old moms with 2 -3 kids in a grocery store with a kart full of junk food on food stamps.

Abortion > than that. I understand where religious folk are coming from, and why people consider it murder though.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Fair enough. You could always leave a review on rate my professor. Im sure others felt the same as you.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

She couldn’t even finish the discussion without her friend creating a safe space for her with her stupid little hug....good grief.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Fair enough. You could always leave a review on rate my professor. Im sure others felt the same as you.

Actually, plenty did, but that's beside the point. This is what tends to happen when you have too many from this or that ideology teaching. The mindset being displayed by this student in the video is just the sort of thing that happens.

I'm not necessarily saying it's done purposefully, but when everyone around you thinks like you, views a subject the same way you do ... you start to drift, and there's no dissenting voice pulling you back to earth to realize just how far you've gone to one side or the other.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Anl random asshole with an opinion is worthy of national debate?

No wonder our nation is in its current condition

A bit myopic to make that claim now, after people like VA governor Ralph Northam, Andrew Cuomo, and 44 Senate Democrats voting against a bill to outlaw killing an infant who survives an abortion procedure all effectively came out in vocal support of infanticide and a "mother's" (imaginary) "right" to kill another human being after that human being has been born. Yeah, the runt (note, I used an 'r') in the video supporting infanticide may be a "random asshole," but the sicko takes her marching orders from watching the message her leaders in DC send the nation. It is worthy of national debate in so much as there are perverted, depraved elements among our lawmakers who are willing to endorse outright murder of innocents in the name of securing votes.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Then debate the national questions, not the sick opinion of an individual.

Im tired of some ignorant underclassmen moron from some liberal arts college getting quoted nationally for braying to the cameras.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Then debate the national questions, not the sick opinion of an individual.

Im tired of some ignorant underclassmen moron from some liberal arts college getting quoted nationally for braying to the cameras.

Well, which path is correct, then... not drawing attention to the idiocy of those underclassmen, or the underclassmen, themselves, being told to STFU, sit TF down, and get back to us when you have something actually intelligent to emit from your grade hole?

I'm old school on this. When someone says something ridiculously stupid, you make a public spectacle out of them and humiliate them to the point where they either silence themselves, crawl back under their rock, or leap off a bridge. It handles the problem efficiently and, in many case, permanently. It also eventually raises the level of discourse through simple attrition of the imbeciles.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

True. All sides should be looked at . Conservative, liberal, feminist, religious, libertarian ect.. ect.. colleges were meant to break safe spaces

It's wierd that safe spaces even exist. Colleges should be there to challenge societal norms and stereotypes. Once those norms existed as patriarchy expressions, sprinkles of racism and overall intolerance.

Now that intolerance is at an unbelievable low in those aspects, many have started to be intolerable to conservative or other beliefs.

That's when college has failed. If you can't challenge your beliefs and need safe spaces in college, then you fail at the very point of college courses outside of scuence, math, physics ect...

I think this mostly exists in ultra liberal colleges though.., like berkley.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

My partner has 2 daughters attending the local university. I would agree with you if the that was what happens in reality. But that hasn't been our experience. The liberal agenda permeates every aspect of almost every class they take. I really took notice when the older daughter started making comments that really don't sound like her at all. Normally she is very thoughtful and somewhat conservative. Comments that are very out of character for her. We started asking questions. It became very obvious where it was coming from. Basic classes are being taught with indoctrination of radical ideas being the end goal.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It exists everywhere there are colleges these days. The course I was speaking of was at Midwestern state uni widely considered to be fairly conservative and backward, especially compared to its far more liberal neighbor who's currently offering a course on Angry White Males.

We live barely inside Missouri and I'd made my peace with the idea that our son would likely attend that state uni, and it's not like it's a bad school in its programs, but then all hell broke loose there and you had professors demanding journalists get chucked out of the protest area and whatnot. Now I wouldn't have him go there because I'd be worried at the message the place sends. It would be hard even if he was offered a full ride.
edit on 11-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Don't worry, with bright lights like Bettsy DeVos at the helm of education, things can only get..um..never mind

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Don't worry, with bright lights like Bettsy DeVos at the helm of education, things can only get..um..never mind

The only way to change anything is to break the state stranglehold on education.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join