It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP declares WAR on IRAN in a round about way so you wont freak out by slow baby steps.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So being that IRGC is the Marines of Iran isn't he basically labeling IRAN the Country a terror sponsor because isn't that who pays their bills and runs it?? It's not an independent organization not connected to the Government of Iran IT IS IRAN's Military . So in a round about way President trump Literally just declared WAR on IRAN but not calling it that ....but calling it that by re-framing the focus and linguistics of outright saying it.

Mind you this is Unprecedented Sneaky Sneaky President Trump .... READ this and ask how can it NOT escalate into a full blown war????
1st steps...

www.aljazeera.com...

How is this even possible that the US congress and senate & judiciary branches are not all over this?

Thoughts ATS?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Trump needs Congress's approval to declare war on any country.
a reply to: TheJesuit

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I am not up to date so can someone list all the known terrorist support Iran is confirmed to have provided.

Hell Saudi Arabia terrorists were on the planes for the 911 attack but nothing came of that.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This is my favorite quote from your link:

Could complicate deplomacy

Well, no duh it could complicate it, especially when you spell the word incorrectly.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The Revolutionary Guard is technically part of the military, but they are autonomous and have different roles.

From what I've read on this, it will give more sanctioning ability and discourage European companies from directly or indirectly dealing with the Guard.

If I really had to go out on a limb here, this has less to do with war and more to do with aiding Netanyahu with getting re-elected amid corruption allegations. Trump also recognized the Golan Heights as part of Israel, which was weightless gesture again, was to throw ol' BiBi a bone.
edit on 8-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

IRAN Designated as a State Sponsor of Terrorism in 1984, Iran continued its terrorist-related activity in 2017, including support for Lebanese Hizballah (LH), Palestinian terrorist groups in Gaza, and various groups in Syria, Iraq, and throughout the Middle East. Iran used the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) to provide support to terrorist organizations, provide cover for associated covert operations, and create instability in the Middle East. Iran has acknowledged the involvement of the IRGC-QF in both of the conflicts in Iraq and Syria, and the IRGC-QF is Iran’s primary mechanism for cultivating and supporting terrorists abroad. Iran uses regional proxy forces to provide sufficient deniability to shield it from the consequences of its aggressive policies.

In 2017, Iran supported various Iraqi Shia terrorist groups, including Kata’ib Hizballah. It also bolstered the Assad regime in Syria. Iran views the Assad regime in Syria as a crucial ally and Syria and Iraq as crucial routes to supply weapons to LH, Iran’s primary terrorist group ally. Through financial or residency enticements, Iran has facilitated and coerced primarily Shia fighters from Afghanistan and Pakistan to participate in the Assad regime’s brutal crackdown in Syria. Iranian-supported Shia militias in Iraq have also committed serious human rights abuses against primarily Sunni civilians. Iranian forces have directly backed militia operations in Syria with armored vehicles, artillery, and drones.

Since the end of the 2006 Israeli-Lebanese Hizballah conflict, Iran has supplied LH with thousands of rockets, missiles, and small arms, in direct violation of UNSCR 1701. Iran has also provided hundreds of millions of dollars in support of LH and has trained thousands of its fighters at camps in Iran. Lebanese Hizballah fighters have been used extensively in Syria to support the Assad regime. In Bahrain, Iran has continued to provide weapons, support, and training to local Shia militant groups. In March 2017, the Department of State designated two individuals affiliated with the Bahrain-based al-Ashtar Brigades (AAB), which receives funding and support from the Government of Iran, as Specially Designated Global Terrorists under Executive Order 13224.

Iran continued to provide weapons, training, and funding to Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist groups, including Palestine Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command. These Palestinian terrorist groups have been behind a number of deadly attacks originating in Gaza and the West Bank, including attacks against Israeli civilians and Egyptian security forces in the Sinai Peninsula.

The Iranian government maintains a robust offensive cyber program and has sponsored cyberattacks against foreign government and private sector entities.

Iran remained unwilling to bring to justice senior al-Qa’ida (AQ) members residing in Iran and has refused to publicly identify the members in its custody. Iran has allowed AQ facilitators to operate a core facilitation pipeline through Iran since at least 2009, enabling AQ to move funds and fighters to South Asia and Syria.

That’s from the State.gov website.

State.gov

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hmmmmm, a war with Iran. I actually read the story at the link you provided and it doesn't appear to me to be a declaration of war so much as its re-classifying a branch of the Iranian Military establishment as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.

That designation has lots of implications and per the Patriot Act and the rules about the WOT, this will provide the Administration with a lot more tools to combat the IRGC to the extent it is operating outside Iran.

Truthfully, the US doesn't have the strategic resources to invade Iran on its own; there would have to be a large coalition type effort such as when the US kicked Sadaam out of Kuwait.

That's just not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I’ve personally wanted a war with Iran since the abdication of the Shaw.

The atrocities and near annihilation of Zarathustrans demanded then and demands now a reckoning.

Iran should be dealt with exactly like Nazi germany. Complete and total war

-Chris

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, no duh it could complicate it, especially when you spell the word incorrectly.

Deplomacy is when you want to deploy somewhere.

Diplomacy is when you try and prevent that.

Also, I like reading OP's titles and yelling in my head with the capped words.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
READ this i know it long but its an accurate inside Info on Classified OPERATIONS about IRAN from 2015.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

THAT makes TOTAL and COMPLETE sense. Thank YOU for educating me ABOUT the differences in DEPLOMACY versus diplomacy, I will never QUESTION al-Jazeera AGAIN.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will never QUESTION al-Jazeera AGAIN.

lolz.

Why would you ever question a state run media "company" from Qatar?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Good question, they're like the FOX/CNN of the Middle East and certainly don't embellish the news at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Deplomacy is when you want to deploy somewhere.

Diplomacy is when you try and prevent that.

Also, I like reading OP's titles and yelling in my head with the capped words.

You too, eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am not up to date so can someone list all the known terrorist support Iran is confirmed to have provided.

Proxy wars in Yemen,Israel,Syria,Iraq,Afghanistan.

Iran is very much a state sponsor of terrorism.

Right along Saudi the other side of their proxy war.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's entirely too loud in here.

I'll come back when everyone stops screaming.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Haven't we killed enough Arabs for Israel?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Haven't we killed enough Arabs for Israel?

Depends, do any of them still have oil they're not "selling" us?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Depends, do any of them still have oil they're not "selling" us?

Forget that, they're still on top of our oil. Freedom that shizz up.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The Iran–Saudi Arabia proxy conflict, sometimes also referred to as the Iran–Saudi Arabia Cold War,[71] Middle East Cold War[72] or Middle East Conflict,[73] is the ongoing struggle for influence in the Middle East and surrounding regions between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.[74] The two countries have provided varying degrees of support to opposing sides in nearby conflicts, including the civil wars in Syria,[75][76][77] Yemen,[78][79] and Iraq.[80] The rivalry also extends to disputes in Bahrain,[81] Lebanon,[82] Qatar,[83] Pakistan,[84][85] Afghanistan,[86][87] Nigeria,[88][89] and Morocco,[90] as well as broader competition in North and East Africa,[89][91] parts of South Asia,[92] Central Asia,[93][87] and the Caucasus.[94

en.wikipedia.org...

An inconvenient truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join