It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JOKER - teaser trailer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One of the most iconic characters in cinema history is finally getting its own stand-alone film, and from what I can tell, is nothing like previous iterations we've seen in the past. Set in a world that feels completely detached from the DC Universe it usually inhabits, Joaquin Phoenix takes the role to a much more familiar and relatable place -- albeit still as dark and twisted as ever. Will he squander the role or continue the path of his predecessors and leave a legacy long after the film is over?

Word salad aside, I do think this is a refreshing change and the film does look quite good. Doesn't even feel like a comic book movie, which is probably a good thing. This also might be the perfect role for Joaquin, hopefully he can hold on to his sanity long after the director says cut.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Looks like a great movie!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi NS!

It does look very promising, doesn't it? Hopefully it's not a big flop!

I do have faith in his performance, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It looks interesting enough that I'm sure I'll go see it. But it is DC, so my expectations are not high.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hi Hunter!

Looks very cool, thank you for posting. Definitely gonna watch this one.
The Batmans (and only a few of them) were the only comic book movies I really liked-- and usually for the villains.
Hope you're doing great, friend!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Good point, I'm with you there. I do have faith in Joaquin though.

I'm not expecting The Dark Knight, but at least be better than Suicide Squad.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I agree.
Don't get me wrong, the DC movies have been good enough for me. I'm easily entertained. They just aren't as good as the Marvel movies.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hi zosi, long time!

The Dark Knight trilogy is probably the only standout films from the DC universe. These films transcended the genre. Plus Christopher Nolan is a genius.

Hope all is well with you and yours, my friend!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I only made 48 seconds in to the trailer.

The Joker becomes a homicidal maniac because he was bullied, and a mommas boy.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Looks like a solid fix for those who loved Ledgers Joker. As for Joaquin, being unstable is a must for playing a right Joker. I didn’t like Suicide Squad, But! I did like Jared Leto. I think with better writing, Leto plays the part right.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I disagree with that.
Jared Leto's Beverly Hills most wanted cholo wankster wannabe joker was embarrassing to watch. It made me want to gouge out my eyes with soldering irons.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: TexasTruth

I disagree with that.
Jared Leto's Beverly Hills most wanted cholo wankster wannabe joker was embarrassing to watch. It made me want to gouge out my eyes with soldering irons.

Haha! Well, Art is in the eye of the beholder

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Writing and script aside, I think Jared did a pretty good job. The film itself was so terrible that it probably made his role seem a lot worse than it really was. Jared is a pretty talented actor.

My only hope for this film, is that it doesn't somehow become a victim of the progressive agenda like most other films of recent.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sorry, but this looks like total ass. I can't stand Juaquin Phoenix for starters (Old split lip still hasn't figured out that whispering his lines loudly doesn't make his performance seem dramatic, it just makes him look like someone who can't act.) and the overall feel of it is distinctly not the Joker. Joker has a laundry list of origins, but I can't recall a single one in which he was a frightened Oedipus Rex who snapped after being beaten up by low level street thugs one too many times. This is not a character whomst I can see giving the Dark Knight much of a fight, and that means he's no Joker.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks bad..

DC is desperately trying to get some attention, so they try new things.
I believe it will sucks, but how much it will suck will time tell

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lol, fair enough.

Me personally, I'm a fan of Joaquin (ever since Gladiator). I see this film going in either 2 ways, really good or really bad.

I'm interested in his performance more than anything.

We shall see.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yay...
Another movie with the joker.....
Just what we wanted....

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Travis Bickle vibe..

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Looks bad..

DC is desperately trying to get some attention, so they try new things.
I believe it will sucks, but how much it will suck will time tell

It's pretty sad. Outside of Spiderman and X-Men, DC has by far the best villains between DC and Marvel. DC also has arguably a better pool of storylines to draw from, which is sort of proven by how prolific and successful their animation wing has been compared to Marvel's. Yet DC routinely craps the bed with their live action offerings (Dark Knight, DK Rises, and Watchmen excluded). Imagine what the MCU directors and teams could do with the DC Universe... Finally, a movie where an AWESOME villain like Doomsday isn't wasted as little more than a Macguffin Device in Superman Vs Batman. Imagine, a modern Lex Luthor actually played by an actor who isn't Jessie Ensberg! Dare to dream of a compelling Mr Freeze who's lines are able to be understood without the aid of an Overacting Austrian Jackass to English translator.)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That was a great trailer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join