It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Trump may close Mexican border next week!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Tempter

How will we get our Heroin?

Go to the doctor and say you're in excruciating pain. Repeat until you get oxycontin, dilaudid, or fentanyl. Boom, you have your heroin.

Thanks! I hope its cookable.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I guess he will open it at crop picking season?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Talk about cutting off ones nose to spite it's face. I like the idea of calling out Mexico for not doing enough on their end to stop illegals pouring in to the USA. The idea of shutting down the border is idiotic and I'm sure just a threat full of hot air. If the border were shut down even for 1 day it would cost hundreds of millions and disrupt business at a monumental level. As much as 1.5 billion dollars in business crosses the southern border both ways per day.

The replies by trump supporters show me they will go along with any asinine proposal trump comes up with logic be darned.

Apparently that's what it's going to take for some people to wake the f up to the fact it's a real problem and not a manufactured one. Doesn't help that Democrats don't care enough about the citizens of this country to vote on our behalf for a secure border. If people want it to remain open, then maybe they should think about the Party that's creating the problem and voice their opinion next time they vote. This country deserves secured borders.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"Breaking - Trump may close Mexican border next week!"

Good!

Yay!

Done.

Make it so, Number One.

Engage thrusters!

Yahoo.

Booyah!

It's about time! (USA)

It's aboot time! (Canada)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
SNIP

Shows what a racist you are thinking this is about Race.

It is about not having any more room to detain people because so many are coming threw.

If you would actually listen to people opposed to open borders instead of the lying media, you would know the vast majority of people opposed to more illegals are against them for economic, and legal reasons.
edit on 29-3-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I guess he will open it at crop picking season?

Snap...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I never said action doesn't need to be taken I just don't agree with the desperate illogical measures trump wants to take to satisfy his ego and those of his base. We know he promised Mexico would pay for the wall and his supporters ate it up if trump doesn't deliver on his promise it will torture his ego.

I like the idea of calling out Mexico to do more on their side of the border to stop it's citizens and the growing number of central and southern americans from crossing illegally. Trump should put the pressure on Mexico and work with them to eradicate cartels.

All this talk about putting a band aid on the wound but no talk of actually curing the problems caused by the cartels. It's not just Mexico's problem those drugs the cartels is manufacturing and delivering have a gigantic number of US citizens hooked and it's not getting any better.

I get it, going after the cartels and corruption in mexico would cause an even bigger refugee crisis. Mexico needs to be liberated, they have such a beautiful country rich in history and culture. Mexico could be so much greater if the corruption could be stamped out.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I never said action doesn't need to be taken I just don't agree with the desperate illogical measures trump wants to take to satisfy his ego and those of his base. We know he promised Mexico would pay for the wall and his supporters ate it up if trump doesn't deliver on his promise it will torture his ego.

I like the idea of calling out Mexico to do more on their side of the border to stop it's citizens and the growing number of central and southern americans from crossing illegally. Trump should put the pressure on Mexico and work with them to eradicate cartels.

All this talk about putting a band aid on the wound but no talk of actually curing the problems caused by the cartels. It's not just Mexico's problem those drugs the cartels is manufacturing and delivering have a gigantic number of US citizens hooked and it's not getting any better.

I get it, going after the cartels and corruption in mexico would cause an even bigger refugee crisis. Mexico needs to be liberated, they have such a beautiful country rich in history and culture. Mexico could be so much greater if the corruption could be stamped out.

SO we should send in the military and just "Annex" it?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Closing the border, until we get this under control is the only sensible thing to do. People who argue against it are idiots of the highest order.
When you cut an artery in your arm and leg you have to stop the blood flow in order to fix the problem.
The Democrat party has become an illness in this Nation and needs to be stopped.

It is time for the Dems to STFU and just listen, because they just don't give a damn about our Nation any longer.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
PROFOUND!

Isolationism, was actually something the United States, was part of for most of the 20th. Century lol it was actually a democrat ideology. It’s facinating how things change. I am all for closing our borders for awhile. Until they clean this damn mess up. He is the potus it’s his job to protect us. Any politician against the protection of American citizens needs to leave. Not going to give a sermon teaching the differences of what is right and wrong for the brain dead sociopaths that want to argue about it here. Ahem they are sociopaths 🤦‍♂️

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

No I'm thinking a coalition of North, Central and south America would have to go in after some heavy duty intelligence gathering blitzkrieg the hell out of them and arrest anyone and everyone guilty of corruption from police officers to the president.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The time for talking is over. The left and their allies have proven beyond all doubt that they are insane and simply don't live in a world of reason. Action is the only way forward.

edit on 29/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Trump knows how much business is done with Mexico daily. HE KNOWS. He's probably briefed on it by his corporate pushers daily.

But he also knows one more thing, that the Mexican government is trash. It's filled with trash people.

Put this into perspective:

1) Trump says Mexico has the toughest immigration laws

2) Then busts them out saying how they're just letting them through, which they are.

3) The then tells the press he'll shut down the border NEXT WEEK if they don't stop letting them through.

This is how you get things done.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I said a year ago, if he wants to get anything done he should close the border.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This whole situation relates to a triangle of three points that feeds the problem.

The three points are:

-Have a strong social safety system that provides heavy benefits

-Offer those benefits to illegal aliens

-Make it easy to secretly immigrate and become an illegal

------------------

You can at most have 2 of those at once. You fix the problem by taking one away. Either:

-Roll back social programs (I think this is the least good option, since they are useful for some legitimate users, even if they are abused also)

-Stop offering benefits to illegals (this makes perfect sense to me, but the third option is better still)

or

-Enforce the border like any other country enforces theirs

------------------

The heart of this issue is that money is being spent to support people who didn't pay taxes into the system. If you speak to ordinary Americans, you will see that is what they really care about. Those benefits are paid for with publicly funded money, to people who did not contribute to paying for them, and will not, because they will not pay future taxes.

Middle Americans don't deserve to be painted as racists and nazis because they don't agree to have money taken from them and paid to foreign citizens who committed crimes to obtain it, and feel no gratitude, or obligation to reciprocate.

I am not a trump supporter. But a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

No I'm thinking a coalition of North, Central and south America would have to go in after some heavy duty intelligence gathering blitzkrieg the hell out of them and arrest anyone and everyone guilty of corruption from police officers to the president.

It would literally be easier for the military to just go in and "annex" the country. I see where you're going though, but given how much they all get along I don't see that ever happening. Shutting down the boarder is a good, and safe way to start to get this issue under control. You may not like it, but the other way of doing this is talking and that hasn't worked.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: joeraynor
This whole situation relates to a triangle of three points that feeds the problem.

The three points are:

-Have a strong social safety system that provides heavy benefits

-Offer those benefits to illegal aliens

-Make it easy to secretly immigrate and become an illegal

------------------

You can at most have 2 of those at once. You fix the problem by taking one away. Either:

-Roll back social programs (I think this is the least good option, since they are useful for some legitimate users, even if they are abused also)

-Stop offering benefits to illegals (this makes perfect sense to me, but the third option is better still)

or

-Enforce the border like any other country enforces theirs

------------------

The heart of this issue is that money is being spent to support people who didn't pay taxes into the system. If you speak to ordinary Americans, you will see that is what they really care about. Those benefits are paid for with publicly funded money, to people who did not contribute to paying for them, and will not, because they will not pay future taxes.

Middle Americans don't deserve to be painted as racists and nazis because they don't agree to have money taken from them and paid to foreign citizens who committed crimes to obtain it, and feel no gratitude, or obligation to reciprocate.

I am not a trump supporter. But a broken clock is right twice a day.

Name calling, occurs usually when people become EMOTIONAL, about an ideal instead of logical. Even thou it makes sense to correct the corruption in our country with for example our immigration policies etc. social services programs and healthcare we have in place for our citizens. Those calling people racist for wanting to correct these things are illogical probably uneducated and or mentally ill. It’s that simple. This is the civil structure of America not ⛪️ church. We have churches for charities not our government.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

And then what build a gigantic wall along the Guatemalan border? This is why I think globalism is inevitable. The global population is skyrocketing and refugee crisis after refugee crisis will be upon us and the western world. Either globalize the planet or 1st world nation's are going to have to build wall after wall after wall and become militarized police states like north korea to handle the wave after wave of people looking for a better life. Scary days ahead of us for sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How will we get our Heroin?

The CIA always has a plan. It's what they do :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Agreed. The name-calling is sort of an admission of failure to compete on the level, ideas, words and arguments. If you can't win with reason, attacking the character of your ideological opponent (ad hominem style) is what you have left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join