It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Trump may close Mexican border next week!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I think your missing the point. It's not just Trump and base that want secure borders, the majority of citizens in this country wants secure borders. Even the Democrats want secure borders, they've said so repeatedly.

They just don't want Trump to be the one to secure the border.

They look at as a win for the R Party and lost votes for them, that's what it's all about, "votes" and it's a pathetic display of leadership for our country. The Dems are going against the will of the people and they couldn't care less.
edit on 29-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I stand by Americans call for border security I just don't think the wall is going to solve the problem it's just a band aid. I don't hear any plans from trump on how he is going to stop the drugs from coming in or how he is gonna stop illegals from getting benefits or how he is going to stop companies from hiring illegals etc etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I stand by Americans call for border security I just don't think the wall is going to solve the problem it's just a band aid. I don't hear any plans from trump on how he is going to stop the drugs from coming in or how he is gonna stop illegals from getting benefits or how he is going to stop companies from hiring illegals etc etc.

As with many accidents, you need to put on a band-aid in order to buy the time needed to get the patient to the hospital. The wall is needed in order to direct people coming into the country towards ports of entry. If there is no wall, then why even have ports of entry?

Shutting down the boarder works the same way, but in reverse. If the ports of entry are closed then manpower can be used in the areas where there is no walls. I know it's ass-backwards, but if your neighbors dog keeps crapping in your yard you only have so many non-lethal options after explaining the situation to them. (and before anyone goes nuts, NO I'm not calling anyone a dog. It's a "F'n" metaphor)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
We have to do anything we can to reduce the problem and you have to start somewhere. Any form of deterrent is going to help.

I don't think for a second that a wall is going to single-handedly fix the problem and I'm not real crazy about building a wall either, but until they pass and enforce stricter immigration and hiring laws, it's a necessary evil of our infrastructure.

Didn't the Border Patrol and the DHS say a wall would help and is needed? They would be the ones in the know.
edit on 29-3-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I like the idea of calling out Mexico to do more on their side of the border to stop it's citizens and the growing number of central and southern americans from crossing illegally. Trump should put the pressure on Mexico and work with them to eradicate cartels.

So, you are fine with lip service, and rhetoric, but are against any actual action.

It's not going to work that way. Mexico has no interest in stopping drug cartels. Why would they? Drugs are propping up their entire economy. Most drugs aren't even from Mexico, but they are the main conduit for trafficing to the US.

How, exactly, do you suggest pressuring them, without the threat of economic repercussions?

Your arguement is basically the same arguement used against tarriffs, when Trump instituted them, and that is working out fairly well IMO.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I think it has been dangerously irresponsible of us to let the cartels exist right in our back yard. Mexico has become a narco state of epic proportions that should never have been allowed to get to this point and not allowed to continue. If ever there was a need for a military intervention now would be the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think it has been dangerously irresponsible of us to let the cartels exist right in our back yard. Mexico has become a narco state of epic proportions that should never have been allowed to get to this point and not allowed to continue. If ever there was a need for a military intervention now would be the time.

something has always told me that many politicians get some "...." from the cartels, just like the clintons from Putin by giving speeches. This really should be checked into.
Poor Donald is very busy, needs to hire more competent people to follow through on all this stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That's up to congress, not Trump. He's playing it cool, and I'll tell you why now, many of the lower people of the FBI like Trump because they haven't been polluted by power. They are giving Trump the advice when to act in public to ask the American people "please I need your help" tell congress to change the freak'n laws. Remember Bush "you are either with us or against us" But for Trump he is the American Patriot on the peoples side, Bush, how dare him say such a thing when American was warned many times that those people involved were up to no good. All bs from Bush, that is why till this day he still hides his face in disgrace.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I'm fine with that, but I don't beleive there would be much support for troops on the ground, which would be necessary.

Anyway, like I said before, most drugs like coc aine, heroine, and phentinol aren't actually produced in Mehico. I don't think bombing weed farmers is going to be a big win.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Good, have to do what you have to do.

Caravans are more unacceptable than individuals, but any is too many. We have a legal system of studying hard and taking our immigration tests, waiting in line and following the process.

Never reward someone who flaunts our process

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How will we get our Heroin?

Nobody said anything about getting rid of the CIA

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: Tempter

The brown folks are coming!

Aaayeeee!

More red meat for the brainless base.

“Business be damned” indeed. You do realize that many of those “damned” businesses are owned by Americans who depend on them for a living?

That the impact of “shutting down” the border with Mexico will do nothing to stop the illegal immigration that pours through US airports and sea ports?

That Trump himself has been found to have illegal immigrants in his employ?

In case you weren't aware, the US Border Patrol is facing one of, if not the worst week ever. Apprehensions have spiked through the roof and are totally overwhelming the system, OUR SYSTEMS.

Only a fool doesn't care to protect his homeland.

Protect the “homeland” from what?

A bunch of people who are willing to endure extreme hardship to provide the possibility of a better life for themselves and their families.

Who are willing to work long hours, in poor conditions, for little pay, at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, in return for a chance at safety in a country hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles from everything they have known.

If the “system” is being overwhelmed it is because it is being inefficiently used by politically-motivated fools who care more for their personal ambitions than their country, or its inhabitants.

Well, part of the problem is, we have a system that allows a certain number of people in at a time because we know that these people need time to assimilate into the American way of life. When they are forcing their way over the border by the thousands every month, there are enough of them that they can form their own communities and become somewhat self sufficient. No need to assimilate, no need to learn English, no need to reach out to, and humble yourself before, the greater community. This creates problems because rather than joining the American Culture, they have formed a Parallel Culture that will be at odds with the American Culture, creating an "us vs them", cultish environment that it can be very hard to break individuals out from.

It discourages unity, which is bad for our country. So, there is one way it can hurt our nation and that's without a single crime being committed other than crossing the border and being here. That's assuming every person is an upstanding citizen, and it Still leads to major problems. Add in all the crime that comes with the secrecy of an enclosed community, and it's a recipe for disaster.
edit on 3/30/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Tempter

Aaayeeee!

More red meat for the brainless base.

“Business be damned” indeed. You do realize that many of those “damned” businesses are owned by Americans who depend on them for a living?

That the impact of “shutting down” the border with Mexico will do nothing to stop the illegal immigration that pours through US airports and sea ports?

That Trump himself has been found to have illegal immigrants in his employ?

In case you weren't aware, the US Border Patrol is facing one of, if not the worst week ever. Apprehensions have spiked through the roof and are totally overwhelming the system, OUR SYSTEMS.

Only a fool doesn't care to protect his homeland.

Protect the “homeland” from what?

A bunch of people who are willing to endure extreme hardship to provide the possibility of a better life for themselves and their families.

Who are willing to work long hours, in poor conditions, for little pay, at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, in return for a chance at safety in a country hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles from everything they have known.

If the “system” is being overwhelmed it is because it is being inefficiently used by politically-motivated fools who care more for their personal ambitions than their country, or its inhabitants.

Well, part of the problem is, we have a system that allows a certain number of people in at a time because we know that these people need time to assimilate into the American way of life. When they are forcing their way over the border by the thousands every month, there are enough of them that they can form their own communities and become somewhat self sufficient. No need to assimilate, no need to learn English, no need to reach out to, and humble yourself before, the greater community. This creates problems because rather than joining the American Culture, they have formed a Parallel Culture that will be at odds with the American Culture, creating an "us vs them", cultish environment that it can be very hard to break individuals out from.

It discourages unity, which is bad for our country. So, there is one way it can hurt our nation and that's without a single crime being committed other than crossing the border and being here. That's assuming every person is an upstanding citizen, and it Still leads to major problems. Add in all the crime that comes with the secrecy of an enclosed community, and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm pro Trump, pro/wall, but that doesn't even fly with me.

I live near Miami, and there is a vibrant Cuban community there, that not only retained much of their culture, customs, and language, they made the community, as a whole, richer for it.

Don't misunderstand me, the original folks that came, fleeing the Castro regime, worked hard to make sure their childen learned English, had respect for their new country, and became contributing citizens.

My point is that you are painting with a very broad brush, to the point that some might cry racism.
edit on 3302019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The crisis continues.

www.usatoday.com...

I don't think the Left appreciates how much damage it's doing to this country by not supporting immigration reform to curtail entry demand.

We are DYING.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I have to agree. America is supposed to be a 'melting pot'. Anyone who has ever used a melting pot whether wax, pastries, metals, etc, knows that you have to watch and add different ingredients slowly and methodically.

If you just throw all ingredients in and ignore, it will always turn into disaster and usually the pot cannot be saved. It is destroyed and can no longer be used for melting.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Let them cry racism. It may be "Nationalism" (which I am proudly) but nothing to do with race. Mexican isn't a race. Honduran isn't a race either.

The millions of Americans with hispanic/latino ancestry will disagree with that assessment. Why should they have to work so hard to become Citizens and Americans (by being a part of our culture) when illegals get in scott free with no work other than breaking our laws and/or lying to border agents and committing fraud by claiming asylum when they are not fleeing State persecution/State violence

Those morons are going to call us "racist" and "sexist" and Xist no matter what we do. I stopped worrying about them and their BS loose lips a long time ago personally
edit on 3/30/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Exactly

The key is melting together into American culture

This is why legal immigration is so great - these folks learn this nation's language, its history and heritage, its Presidents, its system of government (more than many natural born citizens know, actually) and so much more. They swear allegiance to our flag and Constitution. They swear an oath to uphold the Constitution. In short, this act aids and facilitates "assimilation" into American culture

Illegals take no such oath of allegiance, are never taught the concept of sacrificing for our United States and show they have little-to-no desire to assimilate (by their actions, including breaking our laws as their very first act)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: 3n19m470

I have to agree. America is supposed to be a 'melting pot'. Anyone who has ever used a melting pot whether wax, pastries, metals, etc, knows that you have to watch and add different ingredients slowly and methodically.

If you just throw all ingredients in and ignore, it will always turn into disaster and usually the pot cannot be saved. It is destroyed and can no longer be used for melting.

You get the analogy of the week award.

☺☺☺

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

edit on 3302019 by Mach2 because: Double man got me

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They want a civil war because they are desperate. They know the *only* chance in hell their agenda moves forward is we are gone, our Constitution is subverted and our government is infiltrated by subversive elements

Some here called this is the very beginning and I stupidly didn't believe them. I have no such doubts remaining. What we've witnessed in the last 2 years coming from the subversive radical far left is nothing short of Earth shattering.

They declared outright war on this country by first refusing to accept the legitimate election result and challenging the peaceful transfer of power and tried to orchestrate a traitor-lead coup against the duly installed POTUS... and many of us are just now waking up to this fact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join