It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Trump may close Mexican border next week!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
From CNN

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Friday repeated his threat to close down the border between the United States and Mexico, but this time he noted he would act next week if Mexico doesn't step up.

"If Mexico doesn't immediately stop ALL illegal immigration coming into the United States throug (sic) our Southern Border, I will be CLOSING the Border, or large sections of the Border, next week," he tweeted.

This is the first time I've heard of a specific date (that I can recall) that the POTUS has targeted to close the border. It seems this is getting pretty serious. First of all, he wouldn't demand Mexico "stop ALL illegal immigration" unless he has a plan because he obviously knows that Mexico couldn't do that in a week. I think this threat is real.

articles continues...

"We have run out of space. We can't hold people anywhere. Mexico can stop it so easily," he added.
Trump's comments follow a period in which the Department of Homeland Security and border officials have said their resources have become strained.
Earlier this week, Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan said the "breaking point has arrived" for the US immigration system.
Over the last two weeks, Customs and Border Protection announced that they will be releasing migrants in Arizona, as well as the Del Rio sector and Rio Grande Valley region of Texas. And more people are expected to be apprehended at the border in March than any month since 2008, CBP says.

I don't think this can be named any other thing but a crisis at this point. President Trump should close the border until Congress changes the laws. Business be damned. We are being invaded.
edit on 29-3-2019 by Tempter because: title spacing

edit on 29-3-2019 by Tempter because: adding personal comments

edit on 29-3-2019 by Tempter because: adding personal comments

(post by Bhadhidar removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
start up north and start arresting all illegals and the criminals who house and support them. Announce when this will start, and what cities. Let all the illegals deport themselves

announcing the cities is important. If the criminals and their supporters go to that city, that means they won't be in another city and it will be easier to round up the criminals

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

SNIP

In case you weren't aware, the US Border Patrol is facing one of, if not the worst week ever. Apprehensions have spiked through the roof and are totally overwhelming the system, OUR SYSTEMS.

Only a fool doesn't care to protect his homeland.
edit on 29-3-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
start up north and start arresting all illegals and the criminals who house and support them. Announce when this will start, and what cities. Let all the illegals deport themselves

announcing the cities is important. If the criminals and their supporters go to that city, that means they won't be in another city and it will be easier to round up the criminals

I'm in full support of this.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good. Money talks, sanctions work. lets heap them on .....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-3-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
The brown folks are coming!

Aaayeeee!

More red meat for the brainless base.

“Business be damned” indeed. You do realize that many of those “damned” businesses are owned by Americans who depend on them for a living?

That the impact of “shutting down” the border with Mexico will do nothing to stop the illegal immigration that pours through US airports and sea ports?

That Trump himself has been found to have illegal immigrants in his employ?

In case you weren't aware, the US Border Patrol is facing one of, if not the worst week ever. Apprehensions have spiked through the roof and are totally overwhelming the system, OUR SYSTEMS.

Protect the “homeland” from what?

A bunch of people who are willing to endure extreme hardship to provide the possibility of a better life for themselves and their families.

Who are willing to work long hours, in poor conditions, for little pay, at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, in return for a chance at safety in a country hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles from everything they have known.

If the “system” is being overwhelmed it is because it is being inefficiently used by politically-motivated fools who care more for their personal ambitions than their country, or its inhabitants.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Can anyone blame him for protecting the borders of the country he is president of ??

I guess so...

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Shut the whole border down.

Put economic sanctions on mexico.

Cut any/all monetary aid to them(I didn't look, but odds are damn good we are giving them money, we give everyone money, daddies broke time to cut the kids off).

ETA: Mexico doesn't have half the chips it thinks it does, time to bring them to heel and break that dogs bad habits once and for all.
edit on 29-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I guess maybe they ought to start looking at who they vote for and possibly helping candidates that want to solve the problem.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

If the “system” is being overwhelmed it is because it is being inefficiently used by politically-motivated fools who care more for their personal ambitions than their country, or its inhabitants.

Quoted for irony.

Since you just described the Democratic party's viewpoint on illegal immigration.

To the OP, good.

We closed legal immigration in America from the 1920's to 1965 or so... let's get this done and fix what needs fixed before we let anyone else in.

edit on 29-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Close the border. We should have done it before the big caravan arrived.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Cut any/all monetary aid to them(I didn't look, but odds are damn good we are giving them money, we give everyone money, daddies broke time to cut the kids off).

ETA: Mexico doesn't have half the chips it thinks it does, time to bring them to heel and break that dogs bad habits once and for all.

320 million per year....

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Aaayeeee!

“Business be damned” indeed. You do realize that many of those “damned” businesses are owned by Americans who depend on them for a living?

That the impact of “shutting down” the border with Mexico will do nothing to stop the illegal immigration that pours through US airports and sea ports?

A bunch of people who are willing to endure extreme hardship to provide the possibility of a better life for themselves and their families.

Who are willing to work long hours, in poor conditions, for little pay, at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, in return for a chance at safety in a country hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles from everything they have known.

youre truly a special kind of stupid. if you love the illegals so damn much then go move with them. granted maybe 10% are the hard working folk that used to come here , the rest are nothing but leeches sucking are government benefits dry , not to mention killing AMERICANS , robbing and raping us. but hey it sooooo cool and trendy to be a lush and stick up for the "undocumented aliens", i mean criminals. i wish all you trump and USA haters would have upheld your threats of moving if he won. Im truly sick of your stupidity, im almost convinced you all truly believe that crap and are not just trolls.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

How will we get our Heroin?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Aaayeeee!

We can start with the illegals that are killing American citizens.

Costing american taxpayers into the billions annually.

Diseases (yes, they're bringing them in the country)

BTW; when they work for as you say "little pay" American wages drop and or become stagnant, especially trade jobs.

Gang and drug affiliates, we have enough gang and drug problems as it is.

Abusing and bankrupting our medicaid and welfare system.

The sovereignty of our country

Just a few major issues that come to my mind.

....and of course they're not all bad, thats not where I'm going with this post.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

At some point, we should just annex Mexico. It would be an interesting task.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How will we get our Heroin?

Go to the doctor and say you're in excruciating pain. Repeat until you get oxycontin, dilaudid, or fentanyl. Boom, you have your heroin.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I totally agree, Mexico needs a cleansing. As far as I can remember Mexico has been the goto place for illegal goods, weapons, drugs, mules and prostitution and even slave trades, All this country does is breed criminals. Hell their whole goddamn system is corrupted to the maximum. Tell me who the hell wan't to be invaded from these types of invaders?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Talk about cutting off ones nose to spite it's face. I like the idea of calling out Mexico for not doing enough on their end to stop illegals pouring in to the USA. The idea of shutting down the border is idiotic and I'm sure just a threat full of hot air. If the border were shut down even for 1 day it would cost hundreds of millions and disrupt business at a monumental level. As much as 1.5 billion dollars in business crosses the southern border both ways per day.

The replies by trump supporters show me they will go along with any asinine proposal trump comes up with logic be darned.
edit on 29-3-2019 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join