It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK orderes Wedgetail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

As much as I like the Nimrod, I'm not sure that canceling it was the wrong decision.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hmm after all that money had been spent it probably was. If they had decided to go with the P3 at the time then yeah it should have gone.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

You reach a point of diminishing return. Especially after they found the issue with them refueling in flight. They shouldn't have killed it without at least having a replacement in the works, but it was time.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

Hmm after all that money had been spent it probably was. If they had decided to go with the P3 at the time then yeah it should have gone.

My understanding was that it had control surfaces on control surfaces and was still unflight worthy, they just kept trying do design an impossible fix and despite the great intentions of MRA4 the mighty hunter at the beginning they should have canned it a lot sooner.

The US were already interested in the package to replace the P-3, why on earth rebuilding 24 comets was considered when suitable modern commercial liners were already being produced.

History now, let’s hope lessons learned with the Wegdetail purchase and others.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"Did you guys bring a Wedgetail? You did?! When are they flying? Thanks dude."

...run quickly to the BX, buy a case of beer, run faster to the scheduler...

"Sup bro, look your favorite beer. Put me on the schedule for Tues night, Wed night, and Fri night!"

...sleep ever so comfortably after that...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I thought it was actually smart for a change to order them to RAAF specs.
Now THAT is a sentence I never thought I would hear uttered. After so many debacles down under, it appears we eventually got something right. Shame we cant get our Submarine replacement project on spec too.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Really?
Perhaps you could explain your theories and logic then to the people of the Ukraine right now, or elaborate on how you no doubt think the downing of MH-17 was actually secretly conducted by the CIA or some such to frame a poor innocent Russia led by a peaceful and benevolent dicta.... democratically elected President?

Or possibly ask older Afghani's how peaceful the Russian Army was during their occupation. And then there's Czechoslovakia, Hungary and just about any other place the brutal Russian occupations post second world war touched. But your "truth" largely ignores that doesn't it?

edit on 24-3-2019 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

It hurts my brain to praise procurement processes.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

We're drifting off topic there. I'll pass.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian

I thought it was actually smart for a change to order them to RAAF specs.
Now THAT is a sentence I never thought I would hear uttered. After so many debacles down under, it appears we eventually got something right. Shame we cant get our Submarine replacement project on spec too.

I was always surprised you never asked for some Astute class subs tbh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join