It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK orderes Wedgetail

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The E-3D's are frequently deployed in support of other RAF missions abroad (Syria, Libya, Eastern Europe, Baltic, Black Sea). They also perform maritime surveillance with the radar in the proper mode(sort of a big deal for an island country), and have ELINT tools.

It's not as if they decided on buying new ones because the old ones never got used...

I see. Illegal wars with sovereign nations. Roger!

Or defending our own nation. Kind of a big deal....

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yes, that's ALL they will be used for.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The truth will out. Thanks for your honesty.

Libya. Never attacked the UK. (Lockerbie was a fit-up job if you look at ALL the evidence.)

Iraq. Never attacked the UK.

Afghanistan. Never attacked the UK.

Syria. Never attacked the UK.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

And as someone else pointed out, how exactly do you think the UK monitors those Russian bombers flying along the coast, or all the ships around the island, or helps with the air policing mission?

I guess those are irrelevant huh. We're only looking at the evil things the West has done as usual.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Why would we need to monitor the Russians when they are flying (please excuse me for not knowing the correct aeronautical terms) through internationally agreed free air space? Almost every year there is a fear thread in the UK media.

"Russian warplanes!" It's a crock and nothing more than fear-mongering designed to keep the war machine running and very profitable.

ETA America seems to have an unnatural hard-on for Russians even after all these years. American bases all around the world, along with their nasty nuclear weapons deployed too. Do you really think the Russians are gonna "crack one off" now against some nation in the hope no one notices?
edit on 23/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The same reason they monitor ours when we fly near....

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Right and Russia only have bases in Russia.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ok, sure. Everyone is just peacefully doing their own thing and getting along, or would be without the US stirring the pot. Whatever you say. There's no reason to monitor anything flying because they're just peacefully doing their own thing. Whatever you say.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Obviously they're monitoring us because we're preparing to attack them while they're just trying to live peacefully in harmony with everyone else.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I know right and on top of that they just want to give land back to people despite what happens in real life.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I thought it was actually smart for a change to order them to RAAF specs. That will keep costs down, reduce lead time, and increase interoperability. Who ended up skipping their lobotomy at the MoD?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It seems too logical to be true there's got to be a twist coming

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Every time something comes out of the Pentagon that makes sense, I get nervous.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

This flashed up today its getting weird. Someone will be getting moved to a new department for having a brain.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I give it a week before they're fired.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Or we'll wait for a week before delivery and scrap them. Like the Nimrod situation all over again.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Wow, the cynicism! The UK does get procurement right most of the time. I wonder if Wedgetail was a sweetener to oil the decision for Australia to select the Type 26 frigate. Possibly big money and relationships based on trust focus people's minds.

Besides most pundits seem to think Wedgetail is exceptionally good. I am an armchair observer so possibly easily led!!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I know a lot of lads who where on the MR4 build contract...building it one day..watching it being chopped up the next...☹️a reply to: Woody510

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Wedgetail has grown to be quite capable. It's just strange to see any country have a procurement plan that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silentvulcan
I know a lot of lads who where on the MR4 build contract...building it one day..watching it being chopped up the next...☹️a reply to: Woody510

Such a weird and stupid decision yes it was over budget like most of our projects but it took out a massive capability especially for a Island country. Then 5 years later announce the purchase of 9 P8s for around 3.5 billion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join