It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well this petition now looks dead in the water, almost 6 million and climbing but the gov have responded even way before it's finished...

Government responded This response was given on 26 March 2019 This Government will not revoke Article 50. We will honour the result of the 2016 referendum and work with Parliament to deliver a deal that ensures we leave the European Union.

petition.parliament.uk...
edit on 30-3-2019 by lifttheveil because: added link

edit on 30-3-2019 by lifttheveil because: Added a word

edit on 30-3-2019 by lifttheveil because: Just a third edit, 3rd time lucky...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

For the americans you should maybe explain what article 50 is and break this down. Ive tried searching and cant make sense of what article 50 is other than a notice and that it allows you to leave eu without notice.

Its basically the bit of paper that says we are leaving the EU, the government have the power to revoke it, to say "sorry lad but we don't want leave, we are going to revoke our article 50 notice lets all be friends again"

and what about those 51 % that voted to leave ? to hell with them ?

No not at all, I think its one of the best grounds for a second referendum, 3% isn't a particularly large majority. I think we are heading towards a very hard Brexit and that is not what over 16 million voted for am pretty sure that of the 17 million who voted to leave quite a few of them may now have changed their minds.

And with the passage of Articles 11 and 13 maybe *more* people want to leave. Hard to say, innit?

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
One thing those who voted remain always ignore is that if the results had been done by our usual fptp system there should be 400+ mp's representing the majority of their constituencies that voted leave.

That would have been a landslide majority of historic proportions if it had been a general election.

commonslibrary.parliament... .uk/parliament-and-elections/elections-elections/brexit-votes-by-constituency/

This just proves that our elected officials dont give a #### about their constituents and do what they want.

Yes many of the above figures are estimates but that's because the gov't is not keen to show the truth (as usual).
edit on 31-3-2019 by johnb because: sp.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I found the counter petition online....it has 2500 signatures.

So?
There is no desire to entertain traitors calling for a 2nd referendum.
Once we leave the EU, there will be time enough to deal with the traitors who tried to thwart the will of the people.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Perhaps that because they already voted.... And won.

Other than having the slightest majority in a vote what exactly did you win. What did you and the leave vote achieve, What was your great gain, Great success?????

I won't hold my breath for an answer.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The queen should order the army to barricade the useless incompetents in the house of commons with orders that they are not to be let out until they decide something.

No food,drink or rest breaks. Just lock the door until the #wits come up with something.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: osoespacialpoco

I wouldn't let them have any oxygen either.

they'd just be wasting it.

Labour now supporting common Market 2.0. I despair, I really do.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Votes tonight:

Motion C - Customs Union - amendment to deal to include permanent membership of the Customs Union (includes free movement of people)
Motion D - Common Market 2.0 - emendment to put the UK in a similar deal to Norway - EU membership without the same level of representation (includes free movement of people)
Motion E - Public Vote - a second referendum to decide on the deal put forward - with a sneaky option to include the option to stay in the EU. (read this one as n attempt to completely ignore the People's vote of 2016)
Motion G - Parliamentary Supremacy - vote to enable parliament to extend the exit period if no deal is reach AND to then vote on staying in the EU vs leaving with no deal. (again a sneaky attempt to overturn the will of the people).

These attempts to destroy democracy and stay in the EU keep coming back with different wording.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Any idea what time we get the results can’t be bothered listening to talking heads all night

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Votes tonight:

Motion C - Customs Union - amendment to deal to include permanent membership of the Customs Union (includes free movement of people)
Motion D - Common Market 2.0 - emendment to put the UK in a similar deal to Norway - EU membership without the same level of representation (includes free movement of people)
Motion E - Public Vote - a second referendum to decide on the deal put forward - with a sneaky option to include the option to stay in the EU. (read this one as n attempt to completely ignore the People's vote of 2016)
Motion G - Parliamentary Supremacy - vote to enable parliament to extend the exit period if no deal is reach AND to then vote on staying in the EU vs leaving with no deal. (again a sneaky attempt to overturn the will of the people).

These attempts to destroy democracy and stay in the EU keep coming back with different wording.

Not one of those complies to LEAVE in my books

Every one of them keeps us tied to the EU forever more tightly

than being a previous member.

We'll end up the prodical son of the EU .... only the're will be no fatted

calf, only poking prodding and humiliation till the end of time.

There's no such thing as 'soft brexit' may as well refer to it in the correct

term.....capitulation

edit on 1-4-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Any idea what time we get the results can’t be bothered listening to talking heads all night

I think they start soon.
Labour is whipping their full compliment of MP's to vote for C,D and E.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yep - every vote, day after day, is a repackaged attempt to stay in the EU.
Treason happening live on TV right in front of our eyes.
edit on 1/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Never voting labour again..

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lol, Climate Change protesters in Parliament tonight as MP's debate the votes.

... to which one of the MPs said something along the lines of, "let's focus on the debate to get to the bottom of this"

edit on 1/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyToxicTash

They lied on their manifesto in order to get votes in the General Election. You can never ever trust the left.. they see lying as a valid means to an end.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Not the first time a load of arses appeared in the house.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Not the first time a load of arses appeared in the house.

Quite.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would vote for anyone even the 'monster loony party' rather than either

Labour or Conservative in the next election, which looks maybe sooner than we

think!!!

I suspect there will be many out of work politicians then.
Roll on ....

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Vote results at 1030pm.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join