It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: UKTruth

So you see the current Brexit debacle as boolean and simple and requiring a simple yes or no answer? LoL

If when there is a second referendum i will abide by the result if indeed it reaffirms the 2016 vote.

Simple.

No, it's not boolean. It's very singular. Leave.
The boolean part was the People's vote in 2016 - we're past that.

I asked you whether you would support a 3rd referendum if we had a 2nd one that resulted in a Remain majority.
Like I said, a simple yes or no will suffice.

Waiting.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you are so sure of the result, why would we require a third referendum?

Would not the second simply reaffirm the first, even more so, if indeed the people's will is still to Brexit?

Never play best out of three to see who goes first at something?

If you win twice, no need for a third flip of the coin. LoL

Keep waiting, because its just not that simple.

If there is a second referendum i will accept the result as definitive either way, but i really don't see the people being that stupid, second time around.
edit on 24-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They are freakin polyester man. Just drop the 80's vibe dammit. Next thing ya know, the Germans will be importing their mullets. (See what I did there? I stereotyped all Germans as having Mullets).

Except I dont use the NHS, and I wear jeans and things made of cotton. LOL

I try not to over indulge, but I just got back from Florida, and if you don't watch it, those small batch micro brews will knock you for a loop. 7-9%....one I found was 17%. Like a Special Brew on roids.

Brexit is the biggest screw up since King Geroge III taxed out tea. (See that...that is irony). BUT, it's only that way because your Government was not expecting that Exit vote and have been spending the past 3 years trying to figure out how to undo that vote. WTH was Cameron thinking? I mean one of Britons most formidable traits is the UK's negotiating ability. (No, that's not stereotyping). So there is no way that this deal could NOT have been done. JMO FWIW

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Brexit aside.

Mind the purple shellsuits fae the late 80s early 90s, they were priceless, nevermind downright dangerous if you smoked. LoL

Had a few of those as well if truth be told.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If you are so sure of the result, why would we require a third referendum?

Would not the second simply reaffirm the first, even more so, if indeed the people's will is still to Brexit?

Never play best out of three to see who goes first at something?

If you win twice, no need for a third flip of the coin. LoL

Keep waiting, because its just not that simple.

If there is a second referendum i will accept the result as definitive either way, but i really don't see the people being that stupid, second time around.

That's not what I asked.
Let's assume the Remainers get the majority in a second vote.
Would you be supportive of a 3rd vote to appease the Leavers who were upset at the outcome and thought remaining was bad for Britain?
I know why you are avoiding answering, by the way - as I am sure everyone else reading does too.

Why not answer yes or no? It really is a simple question.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Brexit aside.

Mind the purple shellsuits fae the late 80s early 90s, they were priceless, nevermind downright dangerous if you smoked. LoL

Had a few of those as well if truth be told.

pics or it didn't happen

f.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So you have never played best out of 3 then. LoL

People minds change UKTruth, that's just the way of things, especially when they have been lied to by our own government.

I will accept whatever outcome materialises form a second referendum if it takes place.

But if you win twice, then you win, as a second result, if in favour of the first would somewhat mitigate the spurious 51% statistic.

Will you abide by the result of a second referendum?

My guess is you will if its the same as the first.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Ile have a look but it was somewhat before the smartphone camera era. LoL

Pockets were massive but a polaroid camera just made you look pleased to see people.

The Sergio Tacchini ones were the best if memory serves, probably lying in some box in a loft somewhere gathering dust.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Dear God man. I hope you sought help (AKA got married).

I had bell bottoms in the 70's, BUT, I was 8 and had no choice.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So you have never played best out of 3 then. LoL

People minds change UKTruth, that's just the way of things, especially when they have been lied to by our own government.

I will accept whatever outcome materialises form a second referendum if it takes place.

But if you win twice, then you win, as a second result, if in favour of the first would somewhat mitigate the spurious 51% statistic.

Will you abide by the result of a second referendum?

My guess is you will if its the same as the first.

Lol, another dodge.
Like I said, I know why you won't answer. It leads you to face the truth of the folly of a 2nd vote.
edit on 24/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Its not about "winning". Your peeps were given a choice, made said choice, and then expected government to execute said choice. The government, all sides, have failed to execute said choice.

A re-run will accomplish what? A.) Exit Brexit and piss off the majority while proving one's vote does not count...or B) Brexit is still on, but the government still wont be able to come up with a plan.
Not a good choice either way to be honest.
Iceland let it rip from the bankers....and they are doing OK now.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's setting a very dangerous precedent to have a vote not go the way you want so you hold a do-over vote.

Can you imagine the #ing tantrum if the roles were reversed and the Leave brigade was demanding a second vote?
edit on 24 3 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It's setting a very dangerous precedent to have a vote not go the way you want so you hold a do-over vote.

Can you imagine the #ing tantrum if the roles were reversed and the Leave brigade was demanding a second vote?

It goes beyond setting a precedent - it competely kills the whole idea of a democratic vote.
No one could go to the voting booth in the future and be sure that the result would mean anything.
Voter engagement would plummet. Unrest would soar.

edit on 24/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Worse than that i even had Flintstone denims and Tartan effet one ta boot.

Was not born till 75 myself.

The 80s were a strange time through.

I never did get married, settled down with two weans and a Mrs for the last 17odd years all same.

So same thing i suppose.

I'm away for a curer and Yorkshire pudding n gravy late pub lunch see if i can settle down the shakes somewhat if my legs will carry me. LoL

Brexit mince aside, everybody enjoy what's left of the weekend.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well when in Rome and all that jazz.

If the MPs can do it, so can we.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: face23785

It goes beyond setting a precedent - it competely kills the whole idea of a democratic vote.
No one could go to the voting booth in the future and be sure that the result would mean anything.
Voter engagement would plummet. Unrest would soar.

Which doesn't bother the people defending this idea of a re-vote in the slightest. They hate democracy.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What's all this BS about government this and government that. Let's make this perfectly clear, Brexit has been controlled by the Conservatives. They have not asked any other party to participate. So what you have is a Conservative agenda for leaving the EU. That in itself should ring alarm bells in all our ears according to what the Conservatives have done to the UK since they had power. So it's no wonder the opposition (and some Conservatives) vote it down.
If it still keeps coming down to deadlock they MUST ask the people again.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What's all this BS about government this and government that. Let's make this perfectly clear, Brexit has been controlled by the Conservatives. They have not asked any other party to participate. So what you have is a Conservative agenda for leaving the EU. That in itself should ring alarm bells in all our ears according to what the Conservatives have done to the UK since they had power. So it's no wonder the opposition (and some Conservatives) vote it down.
If it still keeps coming down to deadlock they MUST ask the people again.

Someone hasn't been keeping track of this issue. The conservatives can't pass a Brexit plan on their own, it will take some compromise. No one has been willing to compromise. Blaming one party for that is asinine. Take off the blinders.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's a sensible video.
Sensible Businessman

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I found the counter petition online....it has 2500 signatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join