It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Sanity is charging forward.

petition.parliament.uk...

That's about 10% of the UK electorate and less than 1/3rd of the people who actually voted to leave.
I think it is a good minority representation of the traitors in this country who want to overturn a democratic vote and have a do over. The vast majority of even remainers have not signed it.
That's even IF you pretend that people have not voted more than once and foregners have not voted.

We don't want a minority of Europhile traitors to make decisions in this country, thanks very much.

edit on 24/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well, i wonder what percentage another referendum will produce 3 years later?

Me and at least 5 million others and counting.

Truth is more like around half the nation and counting.

But time will tell one way or the other.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Rewey
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think a huge part of the problem is the EU making it as difficult as possible to leave. If the EU was a girlfriend, you'd have called the police long before now. Breaking up was never meant to be this hard.

But...they have to make it difficult.

If they made this easy next week Spain would be looking to vote to leave.

Why shouldn't they?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I stereotype all the time. Its usually more true than not. Unlike your ridiculous assertion that Conservatives want poor peeps to burn to death.

And those houses didn't decay overnight did they?

Regardless... Brexit did not create this bubble.. Subsequent administration s have.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's a novel plan for post Brexit.

1. National Service. 18-21 (Get the kids to learn discipline, not being a burden on the state, obesity, gang culture).
2. You can't own a property in the UK unless you live here.
3. You can only own max 3 properties.
4. Unless you have paid into the system (Tax, NI) for atleast 5 years you get nothing (No free housing, dental, health care, social payments) you pay until you have.
5. Government/Social documents will no be translated into 10 different languages as they are now. Interpreters will be a chargeable to the person needing them.

Those 5 would sort the housing, drugs, social dependent, immigration problems within a few years once implemented.

Why do immigrants travel 1000's of miles through some beautiful countries just to get to the UK?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, i wonder what percentage another referendum will produce 3 years later?

Me and at least 5 million others and counting.

Truth is more like around half the nation and counting.

But time will tell one way or the other.

Truth? The truth we have is what actually happened. The majority voted to leave.
You can wonder about a 2nd referendum all you like, but there is no need for one. The People's Vote has already happened.

If we had a seocnd vote that was to remain, would you be supportive of a 3rd vote? I think not. So don't try and pretend your views are based on anythig other than not being happy that YOU personally didn't get what you wanted.
Why don't you grow up and accept the Referendum result?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

Why do immigrants travel 1000's of miles through some beautiful countries just to get to the UK?

We already know the answer.
Benefits.

link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

And you dina seem to like Easter Europeans in Adidas nether. LoL

You stereotype away son.

Hat and a balloon for you. x

What i said about the smoke alarms in indeed true, and then some.

Pray-tell how did our social housing stock decay or deteriorate then?

And please don't blame Easter Europeans or immigrants, blame austerity, budget cuts and Tory scum......at least be honest. LoL

The bankers created the bubble, and the bankers and Westminster wag the Tory dogs tail, they wag all political sides tails, to be honest. LoL
edit on 24-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

From what I have gathered, most of the cabinet, and the Prime Minister were/are remainders.... So duh.... Anyone who thinks they haven't been burning down the clock to figure a way to axe Brexit is just obtuse.

They were hoping for fear plus brexit tiredness to push a revokation of the vote.

If May would have put forth a stern Canada style option and told Tusk to take it or suck it.... Guess who would be in the drivers sear as opposed to looking like one of those booger that you can't flick off your finger no matter what.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Rewey
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think a huge part of the problem is the EU making it as difficult as possible to leave. If the EU was a girlfriend, you'd have called the police long before now. Breaking up was never meant to be this hard.

But...they have to make it difficult.

If they made this easy next week Spain would be looking to vote to leave.

Why shouldn't they?

The KEY question. Why not indeed? It SHOULD be easy to leave.
Unless the EU is some kind of fascists dictatorship, membership should be by choice.
But we know it IS a fascists dictatorship.

edit on 24/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well let's just see what the numbers say when a second referendum materialises?

Put it this way if there is another referendum, which i strongly suspect is on the cards, given the inept ability of our beloved gooberment to implement Brexit, and the decision remains the same, i will accept the result.

My views are based on what i see and witness take place on a daily basis, just like everyone one else.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If I've got to pick two reasons, the first is the MP unwillingness to do anything that even resembled a workable Brexit solution, even still.

But surely the question is why?
Why have they been so unwilling to find 'a workable Brexit'?

I'd say its simply because they don't want one.
They arrogantly think they know better than us.
And it's in their best interests.

The status quo MUST Remain!

And the second being, it's half and half Freeborn, split right down the middle, statistically 51.89 per cent of the vote may be a majority, but it hardly constitutes such in the world in which we exist.

But its still a majority.

Let's compare to our electoral system.
Tories got just over 42% of the total votes cast at the last General Election yet captured 49% of all seats in The Commons.

No-one has really contested the validity of that despite the obvious disparity.

Comparatively the result of the referendum is far more valid and representative.

Those numbers were always going to cause major problems and issue because people are people and not just statistics.

And those 'major problems' will only be compounded upon if there is any second referendum.
Surely you can see that?

Brexit, no Brexit, it won't change the status quo, coz whatever happens "They" will still be the ones with all the monies and power.

We could have at least tried to use Brexit as an opportunity to shake things up a bit...Remaining is simply accepting the status quo and all it represents.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I will Uncle Andy. Is it a Newcastle hat? I love an underdog ya know.

And you just agreed with my housing premise. It was waaaaaay before Brexit... And BOTH parties have ignored it.

And WTH does Easter have to do with Brexit? You saying Jesus is a Tory?!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Dude.. They were gonna toss Greece out no questions. SO it could have been EASY.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Son I'm surprised i can even type never mind see the screen with the hangover i have today. LoL

Obviously, i meant to type "Eastern" not "Easter"

Jesus just like his daddy is a product of Man, and an imaginary product at that.

And if im "Uncle Andy" then you are Uncle Tom with your borderline racist Eastern European stereotypes. x

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well let's just see what the numbers say when a second referendum materialises?

Put it this way if there is another referendum, which i strongly suspect is on the cards, given the inept ability of our beloved gooberment to implement Brexit, and the decision remains the same, i will accept the result.

My views are based on what i see and witness take place on a daily basis, just like everyone one else.

So if there is a 2nd referendum and the result is Remain, will you support a 3rd referendum to accomodate the Leavers who don't accept the result?

Yes or no will suffice.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Why do "They" do anything Freeborn? Money and power seems to be the colour of there day.

Who knows really as to the agenda they have in play through.

I do see that major problems are on the horizon and in the post, but Brexit or not, it won't change much.

They could have tried, but as far as i can see they did not.

If remaining is simply accepting the status quo then hard Brexit will produce similar results with added austerity and recession.

It just gives them a bigger boot to stand on our heads as far as i can establish, and a Tory shaped Westminster boot at that.

edit on 24-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

So you see the current Brexit debacle as boolean and simple and requiring a simple yes or no answer? LoL

If when there is a second referendum i will abide by the result if indeed it reaffirms the 2016 vote.

Simple.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Uncle Tom was black. I'm European American so I can talk smack about any white country and its not racist....cuz you know Poland ain't a race.

Ahh.. Bad hangover eh. Explains the lack of good judgement.... Son.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If you're a European American then you are as much an immigrant as those Eastern Europeans you love so much in Adidas trackies, just a thought. LoL

Bad hangover indeed, and then some. LoL

As to lack of judgement, how do you judge Brexit so far, has that been working to plan?

Nope.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join