It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Arrested in UK Over Alleged Support of NZ Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Normally i would also rail against this draconian action. The 4 arrested are clearly idiotic #wits but that in itself is no crime. Views should be challenged rather banned.

However, to be honest, part of me is glad too. There is so much hatred about in the world at the moment - for Islam, for Christianity, for homosexuality, for women having abortions, for supporting Trump, for hating Trump, etc etc that i am just weary of it - and most people i talk to are the same. It almost makes me wish we went medieval - as in grab the first couple of idiots and hang them as an example to the rest.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Well written post, btw.

Wonder how long till the West adopts China's Personal Social Score and monitoring......oh I guess we are already there. You

Do they still have the crazy speakers in Covent Gardens are are they verboten now?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Join the colonies, take advantage of the First Amendment.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Join the colonies, take advantage of the First Amendment.

No thanks, we already had to pretend to lose one war to get away from you.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
No thanks, we already had to pretend to lose one war to get away from you.

Oh well, I was looking forward to the jellied eels and warm beer.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: Freeborn

Normally i would also rail against this draconian action. The 4 arrested are clearly idiotic #wits but that in itself is no crime. Views should be challenged rather banned.

However, to be honest, part of me is glad too. There is so much hatred about in the world at the moment - for Islam, for Christianity, for homosexuality, for women having abortions, for supporting Trump, for hating Trump, etc etc that i am just weary of it - and most people i talk to are the same. It almost makes me wish we went medieval - as in grab the first couple of idiots and hang them as an example to the rest.

First they go for the cranks, the f---wits, but then they come for the rest of us. The slippery slope is real. Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I believe what the man who did the NZ shootings is a bad person and needs to be punnished, but I also know that he felt he needed to do this. Some of his reasoning may be justifiable to dislike and distrust these Muslims, but it does not justify the killing he did. I do not agree with the radical Muslims, but these people he killed were probably not radical Muslims. There is evidence that a few radicalized youth did come out of that church, but that does not mean that they were preaching hate at that place. I am sure that his actions have made lots more Muslims hate the Western societies. he actually made things much worse.

Because of what he did, I would say that his actions will cause even more radicalization of some of the young Muslims. That is not good, we should be working more towards getting along than driving our cultures farther apart.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's only gotten more stupid.

An 18-year-old New Zealand man is facing 14 years in prison for sharing a live stream video on Facebook of the Christchurch mosque shooting massacre after he was denied bail in a Monday court hearing.

neonnettle.com...

Only going to get worse.
edit on 18-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I wonder how much jail time will Suckerberg get for allowing the videos for a starters.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: neo96

I wonder how much jail time will Suckerberg get for allowing the videos for a starters.

None.

Different set of laws for crap burgers like him.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think you'd need to know what was actually said, before you could establish whether these people were arrested for simply exercising freedom of speech.

I mean, having an opinion that's unsympathetic about what happened in Christchurch would be one thing, but making threats by referencing the massacre... well that's a whole different kettle of fish.

I'm pretty sure that would even be considered illegal over in the land of the free... I highly doubt even the 1st amendment affords people the right to make threats of violence.
edit on 18-3-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think we've entered Orson Welles book 1984. You better agree with what we tell you to agree with. Or you go to jail. Scary.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

I think you mean George Orwell.

Orson Wells was the guy who made Citizen Kane and then got fat and pitched wine for Paul Masson.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

I don't disagree to be honest. Im just getting tired of all the hate.

I don't really understand why there is so much hate either. Life expectancy has shot up, quality of life has shot up - as a species, we have never had it so good. And yet the levels of hate just seem to be rising. I don't really know how we can combat that.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How could anyone support this shooting unless you were Chinese or and Eco-fascist. It makes no sense to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are 7.5 billion people in the World. There is an ultra small percentage of crazy extremists who act on their craziness.

I think what is important is not to form a broad stroke generalizations based on math illiterate observations.

Are you talking about crazy extremists and dysfunctionals like antifa, blm, 3rd/4th feminazis, progressives, the AGW/AGCC crowd, sjws and generally liberals? Or are you talking about crazy religious fundamentalist extremists? There be a lot of different kinds of crazy extremists out there.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are 7.5 billion people in the World. There is an ultra small percentage of crazy extremists who act on their craziness.

I think what is important is not to form a broad stroke generalizations based on math illiterate observations.

Are you talking about crazy extremists and dysfunctionals like antifa, blm, 3rd/4th feminazis, progressives, the AGW/AGCC crowd, sjws and generally liberals? Or are you talking about crazy religious fundamentalist extremists? There be a lot of different kinds of crazy extremists out there.

Cheers - Dave

In this case a crazy white supremacist.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus I'll double check, but when I looked up 1984 I got this:

www.studymode.com...

I stand corrected . . . I think. George Orwell it is. Either way, we're getting to the point that now if you disagree with everyone else you risk getting arrested? That should alarm people.

edit on 18-3-2019 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

That's Orson Welles giving his analysis of the book written by George Orwell.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Australia and New Zealand have banned Zero Hedge and other websites with the Christchurch shooter footage.Now what happened was reprehensible but so is trying to micro-manage history.History is full of unpleasant things for example if I put 'Isis beheading' in you tube there they all are.We are well on the way to burning books and the mind police but only for a particular narrative.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join