It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Arrested in UK Over Alleged Support of NZ Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Join the colonies, take advantage of the First Amendment.

I wish I could !! I really wish I'd left earlier in my life that's for sure but to be honest I can't say there's anywhere that now escapes this idiocy in one form or another. Makes me scared for the future and how my kids will have to live....all sounds like a bit of a dystopian fantasy novel to me

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Now, where is Freeborn at to tell me how wrong I am again.
Their support aside, if you live in the UK and do not see the potential problem with this, then you lack a basic understanding of freedom.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Commies censor.

Like what NZ is doing.

no, totalitarian regimes censor. Commies share.

Yeah, they share misery.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You read this thread?

I won't even begin to defend this.

Things like this are still very much a rarity....but I grant you they are happening a bit too often and need nipping in the bud, now.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Have an opinion the government doesn't agree with? No more working and paying taxes for you, we're just too angry at you! Grrr!

Stupid...

edit on 18-3-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

There is no mention as yet of any threats by these people simply "referencing" this NZ incident whatever that means
Irrespective of the wording they used its still just words & opinion, which have now been criminalised and unless those words were directly calling for a criminal action to be undertaken i.e. murder bombing whatever, then that's all they are. There is no victim here unless you choose to make yourself one and make yourself more special. TPTB have opened a can of worms they finding difficult to put the lid back onto, when they introduced hate crime. They made certain groups more special and protected than others, they have created a work load for Police that's unworkable and also created an online culture of snoopers

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

There is no mention as yet of any threats by these people simply "referencing" this NZ incident whatever that means
Irrespective of the wording they used its still just words & opinion, which have now been criminalised and unless those words were directly calling for a criminal action to be undertaken i.e. murder bombing whatever, then that's all they are. There is no victim here unless you choose to make yourself one and make yourself more special. TPTB have opened a can of worms they finding difficult to put the lid back onto, when they introduced hate crime. They made certain groups more special and protected than others, they have created a work load for Police that's unworkable and also created an online culture of snoopers

Well, we don't know what was actually said, so it's all just speculation anyway.

But the fact that we know they even brought up the Christchurch massacre well abusing a (i'm assuming) middle eastern taxi driver does not look good.

Sounds more like a full blown threat me, rather than a harmless expression of free speech.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I've got to be honest and say even I'm becoming tired of reputing things that occur here in the UK.

It's easy to say they are a few isolated incidents, which the vast majority of us here in the UK know they are.
But these isolated incidents are becoming more and more common.

We can't upset or hurt people's feelings without the police turning up and threatening us?
What next?

This really needs to be nipped in the bud....its #ing farcical!

No, the correct word is fascism.
edit on 18 3 2019 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Man...I haven't seen you this fired up since before...ever, come to think of it...

This anti-free speech march that the UK and Europe have been in the last ten years has been quite worrisome for some time. The fact that they do it merely to appease the emotional fragility of what are supposed to be adults is quite possibly the most asinine aspect of this whole thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

If a Muslim shoots up a gay nightclub in Florida and kills 49 people, that's just one crazed loner and no broader lessons can be discerned from his act.

You must be new here
because thats not how it goes. There will be many going on about the religion of peace..and so on.

Anyway, people should be free to expose themselves for who they are.
edit on 18-3-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry dear I didn't mean to be so confrontational.....need a hug? safe space? Number of the hotline for the perpetually offended ? hehe

edit on 18-3-2019 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I think we've entered Orson Welles book 1984.

Huh?

And Just then Rosebud realized she Loved Big Orson.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Is this a video artifact on the NZ Prime Minister? twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
If a Muslim shoots up a gay nightclub in Florida and kills 49 people, that's just one crazed loner and no broader lessons can be discerned from his act. If a ethno-nationalist shoots up two mosques and kills 50 people in Christchurch, western civilization is at fault, and we need to impose worldwide restraints on free speech to make sure it doesn't happen again.

So true....

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
news.trust.org...

This teen was arrested got sharing the video of the shooting....

You literally can't say boo about these people....

I've said it before, my buddy is s moderator on a sports site and he say 90% of the people he has to ban or reprimand is because they negatively talk about 2 to 3 groups.

He jokes and says Job has become protecting 1 group from criticism.

While for other groups there is not much one could say negatively that call for a ban.

He said about 90% of people he has to ban is because of a word or phrase they used to describe 1 group.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
I've said it before, my buddy is s moderator on a sports site and he say 90% of the people he has to ban or reprimand is because they negatively talk about 2 to 3 groups.

So your friend is moderating what people on a sports forum say when they're aren't sticking to sports? Wow, shocker.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

So your friend is moderating what people on a sports forum say when they're aren't sticking to sports? Wow, shocker.

No he is in charge of a section called anything goes.
You seem agitated by that...he is to...but I'm sure for different reasons

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No he is in charge of a section called anything goes.
You seem agitated by that...he is to...but I'm sure for different reasons

Anything goes? They should consider renaming that.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

so it's all just speculation anyway.

Um

we are on ATS where 99% of "facts" are speculation but can never be acknowledged as such by those that have an emotional stance because they have already made up their minds that they know what was said based on how an article describes why the arrest happened.

ATS member's far too many have a belief in an ignorant society yet fail to see that this society, conspiracy circles are just as or more so ignorant.

Sounds more like a full blown threat me, rather than a harmless expression of free speech.

same here.

It matter not what nationality or religion the taxi driver was,

Verbally abusing someone usually is in anger which in it self creates discomfort and fear in the one being abused which the abuse is meant to do.

You add in a recent shooting where 50 people are killed no matter in what context and it sure would be extremely threatening to one taking the abuse.

But lets just get in line and scream Freedom of speech and be good little sheep.

not at you Sub. but how many try to make this something it may or may not be without the facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join