It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is SCARE-EEY!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I need to mark this. If you figure out how this has happened and how to find/stop it let us know please.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That's some crazy files. I checked my PC nothing like that!!!

You should get a microphone with an analog on/off switch so you can control access to your privacy.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Go to article, scroll down, click link "Vault7"
www.cbsnews.com...

Yeah, I forgot C I A.... but that's a given.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

I need to mark this. If you figure out how this has happened and how to find/stop it let us know please.

Desolder mic and cam and use plug n play is the only way. Not even joking.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Apple or PC? Surely it can't be an Apple they are supposed to be the good guys:

edit on 18-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Have you recently paired a device to it via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?

It happened to me, my aunty bought me a fit watch and it uploaded all this malware to my phone, then I got the smartphone equivalent of the blue screen of death.

If you have recently paired it, check the device.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Between the intelligence agencies of our friends and enemies we are chaff in the wind until that one day that we fire up a flag, ever wondered how peeps fire a flag, just like this.

I gave up a while ago, resistance is, indeed, futile.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is software that records everything such as key strokes and mic etc. If these are not phone messages then they came from your computer mic. I would check to see if you have anything on your computer that may do this. Malware comes to mind as someone is trying to get your private info.

edit on 18-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

What type of laptop, make, and model?

I want to lookup the motherboard.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What type of laptop, make, and model?

I want to lookup the motherboard.

Good idea. I remember the government had to get rid of a bunch of computers of a specific brand that was either Chinese or had some of their parts (maybe the motherboard.. is that an important part? jk I'm pretty sure its important. The clue is in the name.) made in China and a "backdoor" was installed.

It makes me wonder who, if anyone, was instrumental in ensuring that we purchased all those Chinese computers. Why the hell cant we make a computer in America???
edit on 3/18/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It's built in the Operation System, hence there's no "turn off".

Oh, and this is happening in your cellphones, smartTVs, gadgets, etc.

It's the Big Brother, peeps, let's all get used to it or go back to the caves.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Woah! Holy crap FCD!

I have heard a "voice command" enabled for some player, voice tech etc (you know)...in a totally different program someway gives permission to enable the mic...and it will affect other programs...even initiating recording when a voice (or conversation) is detected...

This is some scary crap alright! When I get hm I'm going hunting into the digital zone...

Thanks for the heads-up....M.S.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

My recommendation, remove windows, format partition that did have windows, install linux and never worry about your computer spying on you aga....well unless you have an intel or AMD processor....oh right....uh...yeah...Hmmm yup computers spy on you....

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I could tell you had experience (cause who else talks about global commands and mirroring data), but yah that is really creepy. I’ve heard that new OS can record conversations. iPhone has a function where if you hit facetime it records stuff. The question is... is the Machine also transferring the data to another location or server somewhere ?
Also can you set up an ip sniffer to see where those packets are going ?
edit on 18-3-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What’s the filepath for the recordings?
Use a mp3 analyzer tool to hopefully figure out what program was creating them.

Also, is there any ‘blank recordings’. You know, when you weren’t talking or is it discernible to call these recordings ‘voice activated’?

Did you ever have a headset mic attached or were these recordings done through the internal mic?

Which os were you running and what model is the laptop?
We can figure this out, and if we do you probably don’t have to work anoher day in your life.
Sue the scum responsible for the recordings.

Hopefully you didn’t agree to some EULA making this lawful

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am totally useless at tech. My son does everything, but do you have a smart TV and activated the camera? I find it weird when you google your log in name and it brings up all your posts and replies.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

My recommendation, remove windows, format partition that did have windows, install linux and never worry about your computer spying on you aga....well unless you have an intel or AMD processor....oh right....uh...yeah...Hmmm yup computers spy on you....

Vault 7 showed that there are indeed many exploits used for spying on Linux machines.

www.google.com...
edit on 18-3-2019 by PokeyJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
It's built in the Operation System, hence there's no "turn off".

Oh, and this is happening in your cellphones, smartTVs, gadgets, etc.

It's the Big Brother, peeps, let's all get used to it or go back to the caves.

If this really becomes a problem people will publish ways to work around it. Still, what the OP as posted is very scary!

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

OK, I need some info and I'll try to get to the bottom of this.
  • Please verify you are using Win10.
  • Do you use Cortana?
  • Do you sync your phone to your laptop?
  • You said you mirrored the drive using global commands. What commands did you use?
  • What directory were the files in?
  • When you dumped the files to your new laptop, that was not a mirror, right? You simply copied the files back?

If any of that is too PII for open boards, you can just drop me a PM with the info.

I know Microsoft uses voice recordings stored on their server to tailor searches. It makes sense that the laptop uses temporary files stored locally to speed up results, but there are none visible on my Win10 laptop. If I can find out where they are stored, I can tweak Windows Exploder to try and find out how to make them visible.

This does sound like a serious privacy issue.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

You would think in this day and age every file would have enough metadata to make it very clear who, what, and what created the file.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join