It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch Al Noor Imam radicalised Westerners, does that matter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Raggedyman

When did using the proper definition of a word become an insane argument?

What’s insane xcal is to suggest that because I understand something means i justify it
I understand why women have abortions, I abhor the though a baby needs to die and so many other ramifications of that act for any reason at all
But because I understand it, I would never justify it

I am at times sympathetic to the mother who chooses that outcome and to,the baby who is killed. I can’t justify abortion though I understand it

The argument offered above suggesting because I understand the shooter means I justify him is insane, it’s ludicrous and not thought out like a mature, levelheaded in their right mind person would reason

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This is a conspiracy site, we look at everything. We try to find the whole truth.

Speaking of which, I remember finding the original thread on 8chan (I believe in the /4chon/ board there) where this guy uploaded his manifesto in PDF version...

However later in the thread, someone posted a similar PDF (same name, seemingly same contents) but with the file size bloated around 20 kilobytes or therabouts.

People were VERY suspicious about this, and it makes me wonder, when people search this on the internet and find it hosted on various websites, WHICH of the two versions is being hosted on these sites. This should be discernable by the file size.

I'd like to know if anyone with secure computer could discern whether or not the 2nd PDF has some kind of malware in it, or perhaps additional text added not present in the first version?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's all fair enough, I suppose!

But you probably want to be careful about what you say on the internet atm, regarding the Christchurch incident.

Man banned from internet following alleged Christchurch comments

Ya don't want to end up getting a 7am wake up call, cause you said something that could very easily be interpreted the wrong way... lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Understanding does not equate to empathy or even sympathy.

Just because someone understands the causation of something doesn't mean they actually agree with something.

As a previous member posted; I understand the rise of Hitler and why he in his mind justified his actions.....sure a shell doesn't mean I agree with anything he did.
Same as Stalin, same as Mao, same as Pol Pot.....don't agree with any of them but I do understand how they rose to power, how they sold their message to millions and even their own specific reasoning's and imaginations behind their thought processes.
I don't agree with any of their actions or ideologies.

Why does understanding equate to sympathy?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Duderino

There have been many undercover incursions into various Mosques around the UK, the evidence collected and in some cases charges brought

Forgive me but I just don't believe you.

Can you link to any of those investigations or videos if they are from non-hate groups? I am not interested in some neo-Nazi video or some hidden funding hate group video.

Any links to credible sources that this is true?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I need to see proof. You just saying it does not make it true.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No it’s not
What I was asking simply, does it change the way people view the terrorist actions perpetrated against the mosque
For me, if it was because of the incidents re radicalising muslims, well I tend to lose some sympathy

After reading this thread you've stated you're only pointing out facts and not opinion.

The actions of a few individuals help you lose sympathy for those who were killed??

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No it’s not
What I was asking simply, does it change the way people view the terrorist actions perpetrated against the mosque
For me, if it was because of the incidents re radicalising muslims, well I tend to lose some sympathy

After reading this thread you've stated you're only pointing out facts and not opinion.

The actions of a few individuals help you lose sympathy for those who were killed??

Well yeah you are right, I guess sympathy is the wrong word.
It doesn't negate sympathy, no one deserves to be gunned down, my choice of words was wrong
But what I wanted to convey is that, if the gunman retaliated because of radicalised westerners, I have a better understanding of his motivations
I don't condone it in anyway, just understand why he did it better

I offered my opinion because it was necessary at a certain point

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Its sad to say that you would probably find MOST mosques have quite radical members, especially those new in from extremist Muslim countries. By Extremist I mean that if you support the killing of gay people, that counts, those who support IS's disgusting work, that counts, those that choose to oppress women, that counts and so on and so forth.

In my travels to 2 mosques recently its become clear that the level of extremist chatter is now much higher and even to the point that folks seen as Kuffar are now not just getting stares but quite rude comments and semi threats with a definite more fervent approach to Non Muslims.

I hate to think what the talk is inside these places but if the openness in the speech outside Worry what goes on behind closes doors. I tend to ask my mother in law what the speech was about and she says its normally ok but lest we forgot a Mosque is also a meeting place and often a teaching place which people going for Friday prayers may not see.

I'm not suggesting every person who attends a mosque is looking to be a terrorist or even support it BUT the tide is changing, that I know.

If the NZ mosque has markers for radicalism then normal rule of law MUST be applied, Mosques that have a history of producing terror threats really need to be warned in no uncertain terms and made aware they are being watched which will lead to closure if it carries on and those on watch lists ACTUALLY watched.

But, does them having extremists coming from the ranks mean that those people deserved what happened, not in a million years, they were there to pray in almost every case, the cold hearted killing of babies, children, women and men was nothing short of a psychopath in action, I hope the man burns for what he has done.

Sadly in all these clashes by nutcases on either side its always the innocents that die...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Christchurch Al Noor Imam radicalised Westerners, does that matter

Even if it's true.

It's no excuse to go shoot up the place, and kill over 49 people.

edit on 19-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join