It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch Al Noor Imam radicalised Westerners, does that matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
myiannopoulos. Facebook page

“The Al Noor mosque in Christchurch targeted by Brenton Tarrant produced at least two terrorists, from a very small congregation: al-Qaida recruit Daryl Jones, killed by a drone, and Christopher Havard. The parents of these boys say their sons were radicalized by extremist preachers at Al Noor. The boys were in Yemen with the guys who trained the Charlie Hebdo killers. A 2014 story at Stuff.co.nz (now scrubbed from the internet) quotes a mosque attendee who says, “A visiting speaker from Indonesia talked about violent jihad and plenty shared his views.”

Interesting if true
Seems no link to support the opinion

It’s a tragedy so many lives were lost in this way but

If true does this change the way you feel about what happened and why.
Stem some of the outrage?
Was it coincidence or maybe a deliberate revenge act because of the radicalising

A Kiwi lad's death by drone
www.stuff.co.nz
27 Jul 2014 · Family want answers after a Christian boy from Christchurch who converted to Islam was killed in Yemen. ... the friend's mother. CHRISTCHURCH BASE: Al-Noor mosque where Daryl Jones attended.
Turns out “Stuff.co.nz” did have a link but it’s linked to a dead page now

www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...

The article

cloverchronicle.com...

edit on 16-3-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 16 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think it should be considered that IF radicalisation is taking or was taking place in that mosque then obviously plenty of worshippers were aware and did nothing (that we know of)

This has happened here in the UK, with many mosques preaching jihad but due to the conspiracy of silence in the Muslim community no-one speaks out ...or perhaps no-one dare to

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'd believe it for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
everytime a right-wing-lunatic did something bad you guys starting to questioned it. why is that?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Here's the story. Hmmmmmm....

www.nzherald.co.nz...

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
everytime a right-wing-lunatic did something bad you guys starting to questioned it. why is that?

Well isn’t that what we are supposed to do, isn’t that why we have a God given brain
Or a brain, to not be sheep

So every time your told something you don’t question it?
More the fool you
edit on 16-3-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Here's the story. Hmmmmmm....

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Thanks for the link, probably won't be there in the future.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Jussie Smollet..........

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It doesn't change my view that the Christ Church mosque shooting was horrendous, evil, disgusting, and every other word which describes things which are abhorrent.

Radicalization should be discussed and dealt with, no matter where it occurs. There IS a reluctance to talk about Islamic radicalization, though, for fear of being called a racist, a this, a that, etc. I think society has been bullied into keeping their mouths shut about any bad parts of Islam because: racist. Bigot. Whatever. We should discuss the bad behavior of all religions when they happen- Islam, Christianity, Satanism, everything. We have a bit of a double standard going on right now though.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I think it should be considered that IF radicalisation is taking or was taking place in that mosque then obviously plenty of worshippers were aware and did nothing (that we know of)

You didn’t answer the question. Let’s assume that plenty of worshippers were indeed aware and did nothing. Did they still deserve to die, or it would have been nice if he only killed the radicals willing to embrace terrorism in order to further the agenda of the hard-liners?

Regardless, how do you separate them, because I’m sure there were a few there that really did have no idea what was happening in other circles...those individuals did not deserve to die.

So, just to be safe going forward, all organized religion should be shut down, as they all have pulled # like this at one time or another.

As a bonus, gun grabbers will have less ammo (pun intended) to work with.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What evidence is there that either Christopher Havard or Daryl Jones even were terrorists?

The link you provided only states they went to Yemen to teach English... And this stuff.co.nz article states they weren't even the intended targets of the drone strike and were just "collateral damage".

So how does simply being "collateral damage" in some drone strike prove guilt of terrorism?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Why so quick to judge an entire group of people?

Quite frankly it's no better than what the NZ shooter did.
edit on 16-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

They didn't deserve to die,but I think karma came full circle in this case. Still a sad and cowardly act for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You didn’t answer the question. Let’s assume that plenty of worshippers were indeed aware and did nothing. Did they still deserve to die, or it would have been nice if he only killed the radicals willing to embrace terrorism in order to further the agenda of the hard-liners?

Regardless, how do you separate them, because I’m sure there were a few there that really did have no idea what was happening in other circles...those individuals did not deserve to die.

So, just to be safe going forward, all organized religion should be shut down, as they all have pulled # like this at one time or another.

As a bonus, gun grabbers will have less ammo (pun intended) to work with.

Communism that has an atheists manifesto has orchestrated the death of a bout a billion, going to ignore that?
Of course, ecause what is the point of self reflection when you can cast blame on everyone else
No one is or should be stupid enough to say all atheists are Mao’s or Pol Pots or every Muslim and Christian is an extremist

Your hands are just as dirty

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

What evidence is there that either Christopher Havard or Daryl Jones even were terrorists?

The link you provided only states they went to Yemen to teach English... And this stuff.co.nz article states they weren't even the intended targets of the drone strike and were just "collateral damage".

So how does simply being "collateral damage" in some drone strike prove guilt of terrorism?

I don’t know, live in Western Australia and read a link on the internet, do I look like the ABC news?
I read a link by Milo, thought it was relevant and worth writing a little thread about on ats
I didn’t make any personal comments, read a few links, posted them

You can make up your own mind, believe either side of the media spin, not my problem

The interesting thing Sub, many people who knew the two men said the pair were radicalised, I never did.
Why moan at me?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Not all the stories have been nixed:

A Christchurch mosque has been linked to the drone killing of New Zealand al-Qaida suspect Daryl Jones.
The parents of an Australian killed alongside Jones say their son was taught radical Islam in Christchurch, where he also met Mr Jones.

Christopher Havard was killed alongside Mr Jones by a US drone in Yemen last year.
His parents, Neill and Bronwyn Dowrick, say their son told them he was first taught radical Islam at the Al Noor mosque in Addington.

Christchurch mosque linked to al-Qaida suspect - archive.is of Newshub story dated 06/04/2014

If the above is true, that still does not lessen the evil which was wrought by the individual in the past day.

I do have a problem with sites deleting the story, however. If these things are true, then we need to know about them, not have them buried because they might cause problems.

Edited to add:

From press reader:

In Sydney, Daryl Jones began attending the Lakemba Mosque, known as a hotbed of radicalism, and drew the attention of counterterrorism authorities because of the company he kept.

Jones changed his name to Muslim bin John, married a Somali woman and around 2009 headed to Saudi Arabia and then Yemen, ancestral home of Osama bin Laden and home base of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). He told his family he wanted to teach English and help people.

JONES WAS killed alongside Australian Christopher Havard, whose parents said he was introduced to radical Islam at the Al-Noor mosque in Christchurch.

Mosque leaders confirmed Havard stayed there and studied in 2011, but denied radical teaching took place. But a man who attended a converts’ weekend at the mosque 10 years ago said a visiting speaker from Indonesia talked about violent jihad and plenty shared his views.

‘‘Most of the men were angry with the moral weakness of New Zealand. I would say they were radical.’’

Jones’ radicalisation was a gradual process. It appears he listened to controversial speakers on the internet, such as Anwar al-Awlaki, a US citizen taken out by a drone in Yemen in 2011, and mixed with radicals in Sydney.

An Egyptian immigrant who has seen first-hand how Muslims are recruited for jihad said Western converts were vulnerable because, besides feeling marginalised from Western society, they were curious about their new religion and wanted to dig deeper.

‘‘The [recruiters] have a brainwashing process known as CRA – conversion, radicalisation and activation,’’ said the source. ‘‘ Once the person is radicalised, they tell them, ‘here is your role, your responsibility’. Now the person feels they have something to do, to be important, to be someone.’’

Australian media reported Jones was known to Australian Federal Police (AFP) as an ‘‘Islamic radical’’ and the subject of numerous border protection reports. He and Havard had their Australian passports cancelled in 2012 because it was feared they posed a threat to national security.

Havard was the subject of an AFP arrest warrant over the kidnapping of Westerners in Yemen in December, 2012. It is not known if Jones, who reportedly fought under the name Abu Suhaib al- Australi, was involved.

Last week New Zealand Islamic convert Mark Taylor, now apparently fighting in Syria, told The Australian Jones tried to recruit him to al-Qaeda in Yemen in 2009.

link
edit on 16-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: another story

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Why is it ok to denounce ‘right wing’ views and demonise an entire culture when a shooter is ‘right wing’ but it’s somehow ‘bigoted’ to denounce islamic views when the shooter is a muslimwho openly states he is killing because of his beliefs?

We even had some gutless poster full of ‘fear and no hope’ saying “I’m still trying to process what happened”, as though he has more connection with these victims than he does with the thousands of victims of islamic atrocities throughout the western world. Pathetic.

Why is it that western culture is to blame for muslims attacks but islamic culture is not to blame for ANY attacks?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This guy wasn’t right wing. He was a communist enviro-fascist and pretty much as left wing as you can get.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This guy wasn’t right wing. He was a communist enviro-fascist and pretty much as left wing as you can get.

Did find it odd how he was described as RW several times without anyone correcting it.

But I'm not following this as closely as others, I thought the manifesto info still stands.
edit on 16-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

We question it weather it be right wing or left wing. This is a conspiracy site, we look at everything. We try to find the whole truth. Yes, the guy who went after the church was not a good person, we are just analyzing if there was something about this church that could have triggered his actions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join